Author Topic: I am getting rid of e107 on my website.  (Read 5455 times)

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
I am getting rid of e107 on my website.
« on: July 17, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »
I really don't like the option of e107 so i am integrating all my information that i was going to put on e107 and i am making uoguyz run off fully on SMF.  I added in a mod that allows me to create my own pages in SMF and uses the template of my SMF to continue.  So this will be great and hopefully it works out for me.  If you go to my forums and click on UO Guyz next to home you will see what i mean.  It is definately a work in progress, but with e107 i was having to do the same thing as what i can do now in SMF, which is write code by hand.  The menu's do work but they look the same since it was just a base template a made to go on from there. :)

Tidus

TM i really do like this mod.  It is called custom action mod.  I can write my new pages in php html or bbc.  So i did it all in HTML and it works great.  I just figured why try using two different programs for one site. 

Your SMF Buddy :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:42:18 AM by Tidus »
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: I am getting rid of e107 on my website.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 09:54:11 AM »
I really don't like the option of e107 so i am integrating all my information that i was going to put on e107 and i am making uoguyz run off fully on SMF.  I added in a mod that allows me to create my own pages in SMF and uses the template of my SMF to continue.  So this will be great and hopefully it works out for me.  If you go to my forums and click on UO Guyz next to home you will see what i mean.  It is definately a work in progress, but with e107 i was having to do the same thing as what i can do now in SMF, which is write code by hand.  The menu's do work but they look the same since it was just a base template a made to go on from there. :)

Tidus

TM i really do like this mod.  It is called custom action mod.  I can write my new pages in php html or bbc.  So i did it all in HTML and it works great.  I just figured why try using two different programs for one site. 

Your SMF Buddy :)

Cool, I'll have to give it a try.  Really the e107 front page is more of a distraction at this point, I was thinking of doing away with it myself.  I'm not really using it for anything.  I'll keep an eye on your site to see how it progresses.  I don't have a bunch of time to fiddle with it now, but perhaps in a couple weeks I might be able to play with it more.

Thanks for the info, though!!

TM
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 12:21:35 PM »
yeah i just figured if i can do it in SMF it would be that much easier.  Also seems like the look of SMF can be arranged easier than e107 anyways.  Just too much work trying to go between the two sites and keeping both up to date also.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 06:29:01 AM »
all the HTML on my site is kicking my ass. LOL.  I finally have a template going and overall it is looking good.  Just alot of writing.  I only do HTML by hand.  Might be my problem, but I find it works the best and i can manipulate it like none other.  If anyone wants to help me to relieve the load that would be wonderful.  All credit goes to writers.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »
all the HTML on my site is kicking my ass. LOL.  I finally have a template going and overall it is looking good.  Just alot of writing.  I only do HTML by hand.  Might be my problem, but I find it works the best and i can manipulate it like none other.  If anyone wants to help me to relieve the load that would be wonderful.  All credit goes to writers.

Heh, that's one reason I haven't shifted yet.  I don't want ANOTHER programming project at the moment, especially HTML.  lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
you can do PHP with it... but either way... i suck at PHP and so it would take EVEN LONGER to do a php page...LOL

Tags: