1 (16.7%)
T-Mobile
0 (0%)
Verison Wireless
2 (33.3%)
Pre-Paid
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Cell Phones  (Read 7794 times)

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phones
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 07:15:57 AM »
Because hauling around a laptop with an air card just isn't as nice as sticking my blackberry in my pocket...

Offline redrumTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • redrum has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 07:28:38 AM »
lol you dont just say sup you can have full normal conversations...

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 07:35:22 AM »
ROFL, you can have full normal conversations by using a phone and speaking.

I won't get it... I call, if they are there they answer and we talk, if not I leave a message.

BTW - texting in class rooms, driving, work, etc... is unsafe and counter productive. If a person is in a situation where they shouldn't be talking on the phone, then they certainly shouldn't be texting either.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 07:37:58 AM »
I can see Cerveza now clinging to his 1970 Princess-style corded phone!  lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 07:53:03 AM »
I had Sprint forever, but then the coverage went to hell. Toptwo made us switch to ATT, and it was great. We live in Wyoming now and we only have one tower in the whole state, so it sucks.

my recommendation is to check coverage areas on the different networks for where you like to go and choose from there. But, if you ask for it, ATT will usually give you a nice new phone (not the cheapy ones) for free.
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 07:54:17 AM »
lol... i dont think you understand more people text now then they do call... and most of the time people will reply to a text and wont pick up the phone... also it is productive in the classroom cuz what if your done with everything and ant got shiz to do lol... or what if your bored... now txting and driving i understand and working in some cases..

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 07:55:35 AM »
I had Sprint forever, but then the coverage went to hell. Toptwo made us switch to ATT, and it was great. We live in Wyoming now and we only have one tower in the whole state, so it sucks.

my recommendation is to check coverage areas on the different networks for where you like to go and choose from there. But, if you ask for it, ATT will usually give you a nice new phone (not the cheapy ones) for free.

i live 45min south of chicago i get coverage for almost any phone service tht must suck 1 tower...

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 07:57:47 AM »
it does suck, bad too. Have you asked your neighbors and such? You can get unlimited text with Att for like $20 i think, with any plan. and they have rollover minutes, so if you decide not to talk on the phone for  a month, you can have a nice cushion. Also, they will let you change your plan any time without a fee or restarting your contract
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 07:58:57 AM »
dont have any neighbors really lol... everyones house is foreclosed on in my town... not everyone but alot

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 08:07:11 AM »
As far as service if you dont live in a major metro area where you get everything, I think your best bet is to choose the one that has coverage in the places u go... I know when i was just up in the UP(michigan) service was so sporadic that my phone would work and my friends wouldnt and it kept swapping depending where we were of even who was inside vs outside.

I only use textings to contact my family abroad .. to ask if good time to call .. ie calling a UK cellphone is expensive but a landline is pennies and skype is free..... so i text and say when  you going to be home.. same with my sis in australia, and family in canada, ireland,spain etc...

Texting to all those places is the same price and equally cheap for them to respond...

But i just noticed MetroPCS for $5 offeres unlimited calling to 100 countries... so might be time to switch... currently i pay skype $10 a month for unlimited calling .. i just dail a local number and it patches me through. (but non of those plans ever include UK cellphones)

What on average does everyone pay for cellphone service a month.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 08:09:30 AM »
I pay about $100/month with sprint but that is included both the Wife and my own blackberry, both with blackberry service.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 08:11:40 AM »
TT and I pay ~$60, we have shared 450 minutes (but we had so much rollover, that we went down to 450) I have 200 texts a month with ulimited to his phone. He has 200 texts a month.

Ohh, and we get unlimited ATT calling, and calling to eachother is free
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:18:02 AM by SunTigress »

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 08:14:14 AM »
We have alot of minutes something like 1200 and unlimited text and data on both of our phones with free Sprint to Sprint calling

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 08:15:08 AM »
I think ima go with att because of rollover...

Offline terrritup

• Activity:
    0%
  • terrritup has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 07:48:04 AM »
I agree for the price you cant beat metro pcs and cricket looks affordable as well although ive actually had metro pcs and was very happy having no contract to sign and the first month free to offset the cost of the new phone which you must buy their phone when you switch. 

Tags: