Author Topic: Buying a new car; suggestions?  (Read 7816 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Buying a new car; suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 07:34:25 AM »
if you are going to have a mid life crisis, do it TT style,
         move out, divorce your wife, and get a hot 19 year old.

Well I don't have much to rebel against.  Already divorced, live alone, and have a hot 42 year old girly.  So I'm good in that regard.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 07:56:49 AM »
Yep...I would take the new Camaro over almost anything.....as far as the 19 Year Old is concerned....think long and hard about that! ;)

Yeesh, I'm not buying anything from Government Motors.  lol

NP...go ahead and look at that substandard mustang...  :)
The camaro beats it in every respect! And its 10x sexier (IMHO) Government moters or not....they still make a GREAT car!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Scrripty

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 07:59:57 AM »
if you are going to have a mid life crisis, do it TT style,
         move out, divorce your wife, and get a hot 19 year old.

Well I don't have much to rebel against.  Already divorced, live alone, and have a hot 42 year old girly.  So I'm good in that regard.  ;)

There's no 19 year old that can stand up to a hot 40+ yr old. :)  I think you'll agree. haha  I'd say Mustang.  I've mostly owned Mustangs my entire life.  Always liked them a lot.  First car was a Candy Apple Red 67'.  But think about that gas mileage... the difference is hundreds a month in how much you pay for gas... I drive a Durango now and I watch the fuel gauge fall... it's horrible.  Economy and reliability is where it's at.  Especially if you're the green type.  I've always liked Audi's tho too.  German engineering is hard to beat, and you can get a 40k Audi...

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 08:05:56 AM »
Big advantage to the tdi's, biodiesil.
And if fit ever hits the shan, a simple heater conversion to the fuel tank and the number of different fuel types you can run is staggering, everything from vegi oil to jet fuel.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 08:06:59 AM »
  NP...go ahead and look at that substandard mustang...  :)
The camaro beats it in every respect! And its 10x sexier (IMHO) Government moters or not....they still make a GREAT car!

Truthfully, I was never a real fan of the retro look of the new Camero.  I used to drive a 71 SS, so I've been a fan for a while.  I just think they got the retro look of the mustang down pat.  Plus the electronics package for Ford tempts this gadget freak much better than the GM offerings.  These days, 2 of the 3 cars I own now are Ford products; so they'll always get first consideration.

Actually, I recently almost bought a Saturn.  Then GM pulled the plug on that.  Then almost bought a Pontiac.  *cough*  Need I go on?  heh.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 08:08:41 AM »
Big advantage to the tdi's, biodiesil.
And if fit ever hits the shan, a simple heater conversion to the fuel tank and the number of different fuel types you can run is staggering, everything from vegi oil to jet fuel.

That's true.  The Mythbuster guys proved that they could run their Mercedes diesel on used vegetable oil.  The added bonus is that your car smells like french fries!  Now that's a bonus!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 08:10:52 AM »
Not to mention the difference in cost of biodiesil to other fuels
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Scrripty

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 08:12:02 AM »
Not to mention the difference in cost of biodiesil to other fuels

Yea but who really wants to be stuck buying ANOTHER product that Microsoft has invested heavily in? hehe

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 10:49:41 AM »
I have an A4 that I bought new in 2001.  Car has been fantastic and the interior really spoiled me for most cars.  The attention to detail is pretty much beyond compare in any US made car.  My wife has been banging it into stationairy objects for years now, so it doesn't look as nice as it did when I got it, but it has never had even a minor mechanical problem until this year, when it developed a leaky case gasket that I need to have replaced.  It comes with the automatic/standard system that lets you shift gears provided you are not pushing it outside the parameters for the gear you are trying to switch to, but I do miss a true standard. 

I pitched your question to my buddy who reviews cars for Playboy.  He takes their girls to the track and drives a new car every week on loan from manufacturers. He occassionally actually writes something about cars.  I will post his response soon. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 10:51:34 AM »
Awesome, Paul.  Actually I have been looking at the A3 since it comes in a TDI flavor.  One of my Germany trips I rented one and was very impressed.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 04:12:39 PM »
The A4 looks pretty nice, just built a super expensive one too  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 05:34:44 PM »
One A4 good suited is going 40 - 50k (tbh its more near 50 then 40) bur rly worth it.

i would choice a sedan in place of a muscle or tunning one, the "why?", simple, you will drive it to job, to travel to do anything, try put a bunch of bags on a tunning car.. or pay the expensive fuel costs of the muscle ones.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 06:31:44 PM »
I think you should wait a few months and buy a personal rocket ship when they hit the dealers!  Pfft, who needs these things that roll along the ground on wheels when you can soar through the air... oh wait, was I dreaming again?

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 07:22:14 PM »
Under 40k?

http://www.infinitiusa.com/g_coupe/

They also have the sedan which is a little cheaper. These cars are great though.

Tags: