Author Topic: Someone please explain this one to me...  (Read 9107 times)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Someone please explain this one to me...
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 12:45:50 PM »
When my duaghter got peiced it definatly wasnt to show her off. It was more in the line of a parental obligation. Sure its a beauty thing are you saying that isnt a legitimate reason ??!!!   I belive you would be hard pushed to find 1 girl in 1000 that would complain about having her ears peiced before she was of the age of consent or in her teens.  It is normal everyday cultural requirment of our society  for wemon and girls to have earings. 

As to the CDC quote i dont believe they existed a couple 1000 years ago, and those arugments of medical worth go back and forth.. What is of little doubt is that your are born with a foreskin and it wont grow back... a peiced ear will close up if not used.

By the arguments standards of abuse .. circumcision should not be done until the child is of the age of concent and can decide for himself.

At this point im going to agree to disagree. As you stand zero chance of convincing me that ear peicing is abuse or abusive, and i probably stand as much chance convincing you other wise or that Cicumcision is abusive.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »
Civil debates are far between on the internet. Good to see they can exist here :)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 12:54:03 PM »
LOL yea it is .. but i can tell you this im never peicing my own ears.. the pain haha.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 12:57:12 PM »
For what its worth, when I was 18 I pierced my own ear in calculus class. On a dare I took a girlfriend's stud and just put it through.  I like to think my unflinching act of bravado contributed to getting me laid.  It hurt, but not that much.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 01:17:37 PM »
Well I pierced both my daughters before they where 4 months old and niether flinched so i would asume its not abuse and they felt little pain just from this info.  I have pierced 3 holes in my ears and 1 in my nipple and will concur that ear piercing has little to no pain when compared to what i felt to get my nipple pierced :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 01:27:45 PM »
For what its worth, when I was 18 I pierced my own ear in calculus class. On a dare I took a girlfriend's stud and just put it through.  I like to think my unflinching act of bravado contributed to getting me laid.  It hurt, but not that much.
And I generally use my never-ending charm when I need those services.  I've never had to rely on self flagellation.  lol!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 01:30:07 PM »
Flatulation? No wonder you never got the chicks.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »

*snort*  Getting laid didn't hurt as much as you thought.  *snort*

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 03:13:21 PM »
I agree with what was said earlier. If she doesn't want them, she can take them out when she makes that decision.

Well I pierced both my daughters before they where 4 months old and niether flinched so i would asume its not abuse and they felt little pain just from this info.  I have pierced 3 holes in my ears and 1 in my nipple and will concur that ear piercing has little to no pain when compared to what i felt to get my nipple pierced :)

I have 6 piercings in my left ear, and I can say, the rook hurt worse than my tongue and my bellybutton.
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 07:10:01 PM »
I agree with what was said earlier. If she doesn't want them, she can take them out when she makes that decision.

I have 6 piercings in my left ear, and I can say, the rook hurt worse than my tongue and my bellybutton.

The belly button was nothing just pushing through alot of fat and a few nerves but the rook is all cartlidge and a lot of nerves.  Now i believe the nipple was all nerve endlings OUCH !!!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 02:36:43 AM »
What is the rook? I thought it was a chess piece...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 07:28:08 AM »
What is the rook? I thought it was a chess piece...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rook_%28piercing%29

looks like it hurts...

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »
The belly button was nothing just pushing through alot of fat and a few nerves but the rook is all cartlidge and a lot of nerves.  Now i believe the nipple was all nerve endlings OUCH !!!

indeed, i believe the nipple would hurt like an sob, but ripping my bellybutton out on some carpet while wrestling with my boyfriend did not feel very nice either :(
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 09:30:10 AM »
Wrestling? So thats what they call it now and days!  ;D

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 09:38:58 AM »
 :-[

Tags: