Author Topic: Time Travel  (Read 9010 times)

Offline jtw1984Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Time Travel
« on: June 26, 2010, 04:42:35 AM »
If you could travel anywhere in time where would it be?

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
Re: Time Travel
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 05:16:35 AM »

To the next HUGE lottery that wasn't hit by anybody, then I could come back and pick the right numbers ;)
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 05:22:45 AM »
Back to middle ages. Granted, people smelled, but can you imagine!?
 "Doctor, I'm sick."
"Well then let's just bleed you a little and you will be fine!"
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 05:32:36 AM »

The future.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 07:57:25 AM »
It would have to be the middle ages.  Could you imagine the things we can do now that they would see as magic WOW !!! We would either be burned to death or worshiped as gods !!

Offline jtw1984Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 08:02:16 AM »
It would have to be the middle ages.  Could you imagine the things we can do now that they would see as magic WOW !!! We would either be burned to death or worshiped as gods !!

A wormhole opens up and you walk through dressed like Alice Cooper with about 5 bleach blondes from SoCal. lol

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 09:54:15 AM »
Holy Cow they would all run for the hills well most of them the one's that hung around would be our slaves :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 10:36:07 AM by Masscre »

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 09:57:21 AM »

The future.

Im with Cerv, send me to the future.  I want to see how bad we humans really destroyed the earth. Id love to see the technology advances 100 years or more into the future.  Heh, guess a techie's true colors show in his wishes.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 11:20:32 AM »
I've thought about this question many times. :)

It's hard to narrow it down to just one.

If I had to pick a time where I could travel back in time and be a fly on the wall there are a few times and places that come to mind:

First without a doubt would be the time of the Siddhārtha Gautama (Buddha) I would like to have been there to see him and listen to him talk about life and the nature of reality.

Second would be the time of Jesus for the same reasons. I would have liked to hear what he actually said instead of hearing it from second hand sources.

Enter Metallica Song "Creeping Death": Time of Moses. How the hell did Moses get the Pharaoh of Egypt to release the Hebrew Slaves? Mindblowing.  I'd would have liked to be present to see Moses and what in fact transpired with the parting of the Red Sea!

Medevil Europe. Ancient China...

But if I had to choose just one I think the future to see what becomes of mankind. Do we make contact with other intelligent life? Do we destroy ourselves and the earth?

Do we reach the technology where we can travel to other galaxies/solar systems and keep life going?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 11:39:56 AM »
WOW I did not put this much thought into it but these are even better than all the rest Ultima.  I love your thought process. I agree with all these.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 12:06:03 PM »
Thanks Massacre! :)

These are things that interest and fascinate me. It's amazing how far we've come in such a short time especially in the last 100 years...

Technology is compounding in on itself and growing exponentially.

One thing that worries me is that man isn't keeping a hard copy of all this technology. Like how to build a car, cellphone, computer and cures/medical advances.

God forbid there is some global catastrophe and things get wiped out turning life into something out of "Planet of the Apes". Then 5,000 years later those surviving will be talking about us like we talk about the Atlanteans...about us having this amazing technology...moving vehicles, flying machines, communication devices etc.

LOL!

jesterboo

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
well you have to take it from ultima on this for those certain reasons. imagine the lessons you would learn from those leaders and the father of us all.

To me knowing what i know now i would go back to where life on my own was about to start an actually make the right decisions instead of doing what i did. that might sound bad, but i really wasn't but for the drugs i chose to do. I would've tried harder in school also to go get that college degree instead of waiting 13 years after to school to do, to teach my children now that you will need an education to get somewhere now days.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 08:49:33 PM »
That didn't even cross my mind Jesterboo! Good thinkin'!

Trust me your not alone about looking back and wishing you had made better decisions. :-X

If I was to turn back time in my own life I'd probably go back for a girl...the one that got away! ;)

Oh and is it too late to throw Ancient Egypt on that list!? Someone has to find out exactly how those Pyramids were built once and for all!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 08:55:40 PM »
I built them.  Then, when they were as tall as I could reasonably expect, I let the Jews go.  Moses was good people.

Saved you two trips, Ultima.

;)

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 01:37:12 AM »
All I can think of is....

Tags: