Author Topic: How did you come up with your online alias?  (Read 15609 times)

Freddy

How did you come up with your online alias?
« on: February 11, 2011, 02:05:21 AM »
I was asked this question earlier today. I've been going by the name of Freddy since 2003, despite my name actually being Brian.

When I first registered at EasyUO I thought that EA might be tracking people by their usernames - I was only 13 at the time...naive
I was watching Freddy vs Jason (horrible movie btw, hot actress) and just sorta borrowed freddy from Freddy. I have a few other names that I go by, but freddy has been my main name for anything involving UO. I want to change it, but I have no idea what to change it to and people already know me as freddy.

So, how did you come up with your name?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:12:10 AM by Freddy »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: How did you come up with your online alias?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 04:40:34 AM »
Simple.... same as here. Beer.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 05:25:18 AM »
same deal.  i didnt want to make my character name my user name so i went with cake at easy uo.  over time lost the id and was unable to retrieve it and made a new on based of my c2 name that was cake2 shortened by TM ... short and sweet

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 06:22:00 AM »
Indiana Jones took his nickname from his dog - so did I

(I have always had a gimlet - when my pups pass on i get a new one and name it gimlet)

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 11:00:33 AM »
I like this name that I post under just because it's dirty :P  But the "Timbo Slice" name I use when submitting my scripts is a nickname I got at work, as a couple people were talking about MMA and Kimbo Slice when I walked by, and given that I am the most non-threatening and probably whitest guy there (at least at the time), the name somehow just stuck. 
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 11:04:01 AM »
Cerveza forced me at gunpoint to come up with a name, and TrailMyx was the best I could do at the time.  I think I was watching TV at the time and a stupid trailmix commercial was on.  It's kinda funny now that you do a websearch on TrailMyx and all the hits you get now for what was at one point a moment of lacking inspiration....

...c2 name that was cake2 shortened by TM ... short and sweet

I still have that originally siggy I made for ya.  TMs 30 second siggy!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:06:21 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 11:23:41 AM »
12 Times Over was a band that used to open up for my band from time to time. I ended up using XIIxOveR for another, unrelated "forum" and that grew to being my online presence here.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 11:28:59 AM »

...c2 name that was cake2 shortened by TM ... short and sweet

I still have that somewhere... I rather enjoyed its simple format!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 12:42:15 PM »
Hrmmm....tough one I'm going to need a minute or two...

UO has always just been Ultima to me. Didn't matter if it was Ultima III-VII or UO...it's still just Ultima! Richard Garriott the sell out! Shame on him....

The other alias I use from time to time is Infinite Dreams which is from the Iron Maiden song. One of my favorite all time Maiden songs of their from the Seventh Son Album.

I was contemplating on getting a name change here to Infinite Dreams.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »
Hate to be a spoil sport... but to be honest i don't remember..i don't even use it as a name on UO.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 12:55:49 PM »
I just had to input something, and I was feeling Twinkle McNugget, so, um yea.  :( 

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 01:38:54 PM »
Hate to be a spoil sport... but to be honest i don't remember..i don't even use it as a name on UO.

Probably those late nights coding killing scripts! 8)

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 01:50:02 PM »
same deal.  i didnt want to make my character name my user name so i went with cake at easy uo.  over time lost the id and was unable to retrieve it and made a new on based of my c2 name that was cake2 shortened by TM ... short and sweet

I quit uo for a bit, and when I came back joined back up with some old friends but didn't want everyone else to know who I was, so for some reason I decided to call myself cake for a few months, this was quite some time ago though.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 02:01:37 PM »
Cake and Burgers sounds like a party!!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »
Lets see... Man Whores Inc......... How Can I describe how the name originated and still keep it PG. Something to do with Watching the game play itself while you _____ with ______  is just more fun :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: