Author Topic: How did you come up with your online alias?  (Read 15610 times)

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How did you come up with your online alias?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 03:44:39 PM »
I am a big Matrix fan and named all my characters of one account after a character from the movie. When I played UO using my brothers house to get started, I met a guy in game with the black modified orc bows. He described them to me and how they worked. That was the first time I came across the word superslayer. I always thought that if the Wachowski brothers (sister) made another matrix movie, SuperSlayer would be a good character name! Of course the character would be a bad guy and crack/exploit the system. I adopted the name for my UO exploitations and kept it for all UO related stuff outside of my alter-ego on the stratics forums where I play nicely and make cash by being a trusted trader and member of the Rares community.

Matrix 4 & 5 possibility!

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 07:12:43 PM »
I chose my name because I've always liked horses. A tarpan is an extinct subspecies of wild horse. They were small and stocky and scrubby and a plain gray brown color - in short, nothing special. Kinda like me, hah! People usually think I misspelled tarpon (a type of large fish) though.   

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 08:54:48 PM »
I chose my name because I have always loved flowers and,... No, that's not it. 

My name is Paul. I named my first character Paulonius. I don't like having a disconnect between what I do and who I am. If EA decides to stop me from playing their game because of that, then I don't give a *bleep*.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 09:06:57 PM »
I have 2 names...Maddog on the boards (UO at the beginning just because I use the game's name to keep track)...I got the nickname in elementary school for playing basketball. They said when I played defense, I was all over people like a mad dog, so the name has kind of stuck ever since.

Orion (my original main character's name) is from the constellation Orion. I became interested in the constellation after watching Men In Black and they talked about Orion's belt (the row of stars that make up the constellation's waist)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 09:31:50 PM »
i just simply spelled my name backwards retnuh=hunter

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 07:10:16 AM »
That would make me Dnalra (Cool)!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 07:14:03 AM »
i just simply spelled my name backwards retnuh=hunter

My buddy Bob tried that, didn't like it. His wife Hannah gave it a try too... she stuck with it.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 03:55:22 PM »
yeah kinda interested all my and my buds xbox live names are our names front then back like hunterretnuh and tylerrelyt. just kinda interested to see what kinda names you come up with

Offline UoLugnutz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • UoLugnutz has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 05:09:14 AM »
My original and still main character is Orko. When I started I decided to play a mage and being that I sucked it seemed appropriate. Any of the old farts should reconize that name :) It was a name I also used when I started playing D & D and watched cartoons a long long long time ago.
When factions started I use to roll with +R+ but did not have a lot of playing time so needed a simple template that could still have fun so I made a Vanq spear wielding dexxor. It was a mindless character to play so I named him Lugnut

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 07:59:42 AM »
"By the power of Greyskull!!!"
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UoLugnutz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • UoLugnutz has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 09:31:07 AM »
I guess that puts you in the old fart category :)

Scrripty

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 09:32:31 AM »
I guess that puts you in the old fart category :)

You're just jealous your cartoons weren't half as cool as ours.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 10:05:41 AM »
Battle Cat - yea!

Scrripty

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 10:31:25 AM »
Star Blazers. :)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 07:50:47 AM »
That was a solid reference. I didn't even realize it until TM threw down the power words...

Speed Racer - (Same two mountains over and over...)
HR Puff n Stuff -(Have you seen this recently? Liar's Club in Chicago plays it after 2AM. Live action creepiness)
Flintstones - completely unchanged
Deputy Dog & Ricochet Rabbit - Bing, bing, bing!
Jinxy the Cat "I'm going to make mince meat outta that mouse..."
Felix the Cat (the wonderful wonderful cat, whenever Felix needs a fix... A fix? Really?)
Mighty Mouse - Classic
Underdog (I still know the theme song, but I liked the mouse better)
Yogi Bear (Never really did it for me)
Gulliver's travels (came on during the Monkeys was awesome - Glum: "We'll never make it" )
Bullwinkle - Boris and Natasha were the best villians in cartoons
Jetsons - I think Ray Romano got all of his material from this show...

When Thundar came along it was the coolest thing I ever saw. Somehow the Smurfs were cool too.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Tags: