Author Topic: SUO AIO Plant Tender & Tools! (Replacement for Hort!)  (Read 8074 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
SUO AIO Plant Tender & Tools! (Replacement for Hort!)
« on: January 21, 2010, 02:14:40 AM »
Okay well, after a lot of thought and consideration by many who want a working version of hort that will not take over your computer completely for hours, this is the start of a community project.  Subs are dedicated to their owner, right now it is all C2 and one from me.  I designed the menu and converted all C2's single scripts into subs to work withing this one toolbox.

Currently working:
Planting Tools and Options.
Fill Bowls With Dirt: Will fill all bowls in your backpack with dirt.  You must be by dirt and click where it picks it up from.
Water Bowls and Plant Seeds: Will water each bowl twice, then plant a seed.  Be sure to be by a water trough.
Lockdown Plant Bowls: Will lock down all plant bowls not locked down in your area. This is useful for putting 124 plants in a wood box and breaking it to make one small stack.
Set Plant Security: Used to set the security of all plants in the area to what you choose. Default after lockdown is owner only, so owner option will set to co owners.  Other options include Friends, Guild and Anyone.  I set mine to anyone so I can make a dummy account with a 14 day trial and run Hort on it in a virtual machine, that way it dont take up my account.

The rest is NOT SET UP no subs exist for these other functions at this time.  This is where the community comes in.  We need to set up all plant tending and the save feature.

Now the goal here is to make this do what hort does only better, faster and with OCR and not taking over your mouse or whole computer.  We will need...

Someone to make a save sub, to save all user settings, like containers, where to retire plants, how to retire, setting plants to deco ect.

Here is what I got so far, C2 did all the subs in the form of his posted scripts and one he gave just to me, credit is posted where the sub is as there is no header right now.  TM if this is going to be a special project, please move this post to where it needs to be.  Anyone that can contribute a sub just post it, you will be credited if you want it.

We also need simple things, like ID's of all plants, adding in a cross pollonator is in the mix too.  We need gump window sizes and button locations, so anyone that can help post it up.  Every little bit helps.  I do not know ocr so I NEED someone to step up and take the lead there, I can do all the subs for watering, potions ect as long as someone can do the ocr part.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
!SUO_AIO_Plants.txt
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: SUO AIO Plant Tender & Tools! (Replacement for Hort!)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 12:44:11 PM »
Awesome...here we go.  This will make my 2 Gardeners very very happy once this comes to fruition.  My first contribution is to list all the of the plant ids that I have found so far:

; Current Listing by Cedryk, Contributed to by Rolo, maker, snicker7, Kel2568, Oracle, Jade Orchid, Garret, Khameleon

set %plantlist OLI_BCF_VWE_BWE_UAF_JWE_IWE_EXE_UWE_ICF_BXE_YVE_CCF_NWE_MWE_DXE_TCF_NXE_BKP_ZJP_MKP_AKP_CKP_+OKP_NKP_SVE_QVE_AIF_ISN_FWE_WTE_ZBF_VWE_GWE_WEK_CYE_JDE_NTE_WWE_WVE
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 02:21:26 PM »
I would definaly like to see an upgrade done to this... let me know what you need.

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 03:06:41 PM »
Special Project E Kham.

Offline Pyargy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pyargy has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 06:55:03 AM »
I never used the Hort script until just recently,  I always used House Plant Tending by Kyer over on EasyUO.  I would run without moving the mouse and was fairly quick. however I was not able to get it to function with all the latest patches so I have switched to Hort2.

My point is, maybe there is some ideas in the House Plant Tending script that can help with watering and tending to plants for this new script.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »
I must be doing something wrong.   I click on lockdown plants and it just sits there.  I manually lockdown all the plants and then try and set the security settings to "friends" and hit "GO" and it just sits there?

Coragin -- I also sent you a couple of PM's concerning helping with this script and any other Hort2 Project, but they have gone un-answered?  Am I squealched?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 03:33:42 PM by Oracle »
ORACLE

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 10:13:40 PM »
Hola!  I had heard that this project was in the works, but am just getting around to checking these boards for the first time in quite awhile.  And while I am probably still a bit of a novice scripter, I have been trying to learn more about OCR, among other aspects of scripting.  So, I thought I would see if this part of the script has been tackled yet, or if there is anything else that is still being needed that I might be able to give a shot at?  I will say that I have absolutely no artistic ability, so anything menu-related or that you may want to "look pretty" is out of the question, and while I may take the long way to write some subs, I generally write fairly stable and easy to follow code, so it can be tweaked by those more in the know after the basics are written (I hope that makes sense).  Anyway, I will still be taking a look at the OCR stuff, regardless of whether this is already being written for this project, as I do still want to learn more about it and see what else I can come up with to make my scripts even better! 
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline VLDK1976

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • VLDK1976 has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 10:48:52 AM »
I would also like to take part in this.

Let me do all the basics to begin with - what do we need of info?
I see we have plant ID's
So I guess it's click positions, and gumpsize?

If there is any basic subs that needs to be written, let me know and I will do my best.

Offline Magier

• Activity:
    0%
  • Magier has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 12:05:28 AM »
Since i have been using Hortomatic2 i have problems with it doing the dirt>bowl and seed>bowl so i gave this a try and it works way better.  small problem with the seed>bowl, the last seed that it trys to plant doesn't get planted and the bowl doesn't get watered.

I am trying to get the sub for bowl>crate to work and it just seems like it can't find the crate after i select it,  i messed around and tried to find the problem and couldn't figure it out. also the lock down doesn't seem to actually do anything atm either i click it and it doesn't do anything.

Great Job guys, i'll do what i can to help try to get more input on how it tends when i get into this set of seeds.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 02:30:18 AM by Magier »
Drop out, all the cool kids are doing it.

Offline Kherkus

• Activity:
    0%
  • Kherkus has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »
I've been using Hort version 2 for a while now and I get tired of not being able to do anything else on my computer while it's running.  I've noticed that the last time anyone made and comment on this project was in August of last.  I was just wonder if there has been any progress or if the project has been dropped due to lack of interest.  I personally would love to see this come to the game because I am currently growing 1600 plants at a time and Hort is just too cumbersome.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 12:08:06 PM »
Try running it in a virtual machine. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »
I personally would love to see this come to the game because I am currently growing 1600 plants at a time and Hort is just too cumbersome.

Looks like OMGBurgers is going to take on a new Plant Tending Script.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=6835.0

Seeds of renewal are so hard to get these days, that it becomes necessary to tend your own plants and have a huge garden!
ORACLE

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 08:39:24 PM »
Try running it in a virtual machine. 

Ah yes.  Now that I've cracked arrays, I need to crack this nut.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 08:41:38 PM »
Ah yes.  Now that I've cracked arrays, I need to crack this nut.

You and me both..  I've got the machine to do it, but never have taken the time to figure it out.

Tags: