Author Topic: Reforging... I want to figure out exactly how this system works.....  (Read 7019 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Ok... so I'd like to figure out the in's & outs of Reforging...   I'll start with the basic info available on Stratics..

http://stratics.com/community/threads/reforging-how-to.264020/

& Here's another post by this "Semmerset" person who seems to know quite a bit..

http://stratics.com/community/threads/reforging-question-runic-weights.284175/

& Here's where I will post the limited Results I've bothered to track so far...

-------------------------------------------
Reforging with a Dull Copper Runic Hammer & selecting the Inspired Reforge option to pick Auspicious (Luck).  Crafting Daggers..

76% of these Items produced had only 1 property (80 Luck)
24%  = 2 properties

I was trying to Determine the "point system" behind how Reforging works...   The 76% of the daggers crafted above with a Dull Copper runic had 80 Luck.   The other 24% had 50-70 luck & 1 other mod.  I will list them below...

60 Luck, 20 HSL
70 Luck, 1 SI
60 Luck, 2 Int
50 Luck, 2 Stam R.
60 Luck, 20 Fatigue
60 Luck, 20 H M. Drain
60 Luck 20 H. Poi A.
60 Luck, 20 HLA
60 Luck, 10 SSI
60 Luck, 1 HPI
50 Luck, 2 Self Rep.
60 Luck, 5 F. Resist.
60 Luck, 20 HML
60 Luck, -25 MW
50 Luck, 3 HPR
70 Luck, 1 Self Rep
60 Luck 20 HLL
50 Luck, 15 SSI
60 Luck, 20 HLD
70 Luck, 1 STR
60 Luck, 5 DCI

Ok..  There was obviously a few Multiples in the occurences above but they produced the exact same intensity in the Mods.  I'm Mostly interested in figuring how the points in the system work.  I can tell just from seeing 20 Hit Mana Drain & 20 Hit Mana leech show up that the Reforging system doesn't use Imbuing property Weights...   Anyway....   gotta go but I'll post some more results later.   Anyone that feels like analyzing etc have at it!

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Reforging... I want to figure out exactly how this system works.....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:43:06 AM »
Here's my take on it:

Anything other than
(DC-Copper runics)
Powerful Re-Forging
Grand Artifice
Inspired Artifice
(Bronze/Gold)
Powerful Re-Forging
Grand Artifice
Inspired Artifice
Exalted Artifice
Sublime Artifice

Is a waste.  The brittle and weak items will break super fast and you cannot repair them nor POF them after reforging. 

The more items you choose, the lower the power will be so you have to compensate with better runics.  I've never thought about burning agapite or higher.  Rather roll the dice and craft with them.
Never have tried with kits, but I'd say the same applies except lower Spined only go to inspired, Horned go to sublime artifice, and burn barbed kits like normal.

The idea is this:  You want to maximize a property (or two in the latter case) so they are above normal imbuing levels.  Then POF them, Imbue the properties you want on them after that.  This is easier than it sounds because you can't decide during reforing how many properties you want.  If you try using the a better runic for the first teir, you'll start getting random extra properties that you may not want- taking away your choice during imbuing.  If you try for the latter case with a weaker runic, you end up with two weak stats as oppose to one that is overpowered.  Even when doing it right- you run the risk of splitting the power into two stats.  I.e.
(Copper)
Powerful Re-Forging
Grand Artifice
Inspired Artifice
--Vampiric Embrace

May give you a some certain 'power' but it might be split between HML and HLL.  It's a dice roll, but after X attempts, eventually you'll get a single HML that is overcharged above the normal 70% HML.
Or in the case of bronze runics, you can get two properties above the cap or a mix of 3 or 4.  So it does attempts to get the exact one you wanted.
In my opinion, this is used to create imbuing templates for items.  Reforge to over charge 1 or 2 stats, imbue the rest with what you want.

In the end, I believe you can even attempt to enhance it to further boost it.

Don't forget to POF the item before imbuing. (but after reforging)
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Reforging... I want to figure out exactly how this system works.....
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 08:45:02 AM »
Oh another thing to watch out for is that items crafted by smiths with arms lore come with some DI already on the weapon.  If any is added to the DI, then it's counted as an property during imbuing stage-  Which is usually unwanted.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Tags: