Author Topic: Mining Yeild Factors  (Read 7025 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Mining Yeild Factors
« on: July 17, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »
I have been compiling some statistics on what the yeild is for various mining combinations and thought I would share:

Human Miner Not Prospecting: 83.4% Iron Ore, 16.6% Colored Ore. This is a result of hitting iron veins 50% of the time, and pulling in colored ore 33.3% of the time on colored veins.  Colored Ore spread per random occurrence variables available here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/mining.php

Human Miner Prospecting: 66.6% Iron Ore, 33.3% Colored Ore.  This is the result of human 1/3 yeild on colored veins and converting all iron only veins to dull copper veins and promoting all colored veins aside from valorite one color.

Elf Miner Not Prospecting: 75% Iron Ore, 25% Colored Ore: This is the result of hitting iron ore veins 50% of the time, and the Elf bonus which bumps the yeild on colored veins to 50%.

Elf Miner Prospecting: 50% Iron Ore, 50% Colored Ore: This is the result of converting iron ore veins to dull copper, promoting all but valorite veins one colore, and the Elf bonus which bumps the yeild on colored veins to 50%

Conclusion:

Most of the mining I have been doing in UO has been on human miners that were not prospecting.  I have no trouble getting iron, but often run short on colored ingots.  By converting all of my miners to elves and prospecting 100% of the time I can more than triple my colored ingot yeild.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:21:58 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Re: Mining Yeild Factors
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 12:22:55 PM »
Thats a good Post! Finally Ends the Debate of which is better :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 12:25:09 PM »
There are two factors that cause human miners to get more ore per hour than elves: they have an innate ability to get more resources from a given source, and they can carry more, but I am more interested in quality than quantity.  I have several million iron ingots laying around here and there, but am always working to get more colored ingots. This is how I am going to do it from now on.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 05:57:24 PM »
I have not done it with exact numbers but I have come up with the same data rounded alot of course but I ran these same tests back in 2009 and came up with the same data using prospectors tool and human and elf and did it all but by counting the ingots i had and not by counting the actual ore so that why i said alot of it was rounded :)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »
So how's the miner working out paul
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 12:10:20 AM »
Just finished my own (very short) test run on Human.  After one hour:  

Human, No Prospecting: 83/5/6/1/2/1/0/2/0 %

I'll post updated info in the morning.

EDIT:  Update after 5 hours.

16431 Total, divided 81%/19%
Colors were 5/6/1/1/2/<1/3/<1
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:03:50 AM by NObama »

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
Have we run numbers with gargoyles?  Should I burn a race change token and check it out?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 11:58:15 AM »
Twinkle McNugget has a G miner.  Maybe he can do that for us sometime.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 04:50:49 PM »
i let my miners run all day, I get enough of all the types of ore to have to worry about race, or prospector tools.  ;D
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 06:42:47 PM »
i let my miners run all day, I get enough of all the types of ore to have to worry about race, or prospector tools.  ;D

Are you cycling BODs?  I find it takes me five full days of mining to cycle BODs for 2 days straight.  Shadow Iron is the bottle neck.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »
yea, although, i did already have a large supply of all ingots from years of mining. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Scrripty

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »
My garg miner has been going all day with prospecting tools.  I'll post the numbers when I get a chance.

Scrripty

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 09:06:36 PM »
62/38 22 percent of that being dull copper.  The rest going up from 4 to 1 percent of the valorite.  BUT I got 2 emeralds 7 turquoise, 2citrines, 7 saphires, and 5 diamonds and 6 rubies, in 5.5 hours.  Not bad.  I think garg is the way to go with prospector if you want dull copper. :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 07:07:34 AM »
Prospecting on any toon gives you a large percentage of dull copper as the 50% of iron veins normally occurring are converted to dull copper. Even so, Twinkle McNugget's numbers suggest that gargoyle yeild might fall between human and elf.

62% Iron is almost 5% better than I would have expected for a prospecting gargoyle toon.  My bet based only on the iron to colored ore ratio would be that this is normal variance and that gargoyles might have the same percentages yeild as a human based only on never seeing anything about them having a resource advantage.  However, your dull copper yeild is closer to an elf's. A prospecting human should get 16.5% of all ore as dull copper.  A prospecting elf should get 25% of all ore as dull copper.  If gargoyles do have a colored yeild advantage over humans it's a nice bonus, but not sure its worth making garg miners since elves seem to still have the advantage.  I have beaten the crap out of the data and elves have a solid 50/50 colored ore to iron yeild while prospecting. Really bumps colored ore production. 

While prospecting the occurrence/Yield of colored ore should look like this:

Ore Type                Human/Elf Yield
Dull Copper  50%            16.6/25
Shadow     11.2%           3.7/5.6 
Copper       9.8%            3.3/4.9
Bronze        8.4%            2.8/4.2
Gold           7.0%            2.3/3.5
Agapite       5.6%           1.9/2.8
Verite         4.2%            1.4/2.1
Valorite       4.2%           1.4/2.1

-Mario Andretti

Scrripty

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 09:31:55 AM »
I believe gargs have a higher chance to get gems don't they?  I think I read that.  I know when I first ran the garg miner, I was shocked after 2 days of it running at the number of gems I got... It was absurd compared to my human miner.

Tags: