Author Topic: LBOD Turn in Promotions  (Read 5121 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
LBOD Turn in Promotions
« on: July 21, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »
For a while now LBOD turn ins of gold runic hammer level and above have the chance to promote to a higher reward.  I have started tracking my turn ins to see if we can figure out what the chance is.  Not amazing so far, but I am not complaining.

Verite Hammer LBODs:

20EVerite Plate LBOD: Val hammer and 200K gold (Promoted)
15EValorite Plate LBOD: Ver hammer and 150K gold

60 ASH LBOD: No Promotion

10EVal Plate LBOD: 60 ASH and 100K Gold

Agg Hammer LBOD: No Promotion

10EVal Chain LBOD: Agg Hammer and 100K Gold

Gold Hammer LBODs: No Promotions

10EAgg Chain LBOD: Gold Hammer 50K
15EAgg Chain LBOD: Gold Hammer 75K

This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: LBOD Turn in Promotions
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »
I have been wondering about those old changes that broadened and randomized some rewards more.  I am interested in seeing how this shapes up.  I have not done bods in ages but if i do, I''ll post results.

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:52:42 PM »
Get a miner going 24/7 if you can C2.  You'll need the ingots for Paul's badboy.  I've gone through millions of stones in ingots already...  Like multiple millions... :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 05:11:13 PM »
Not sure what the hammers are really worth now, but I figure with enough of them I can probably make something cool. Maybe they will boost them at some point to give them an edge over imbued weapons. I would have to say that a good imbued weapon is probably better than any you can craft with a runic now.

I am making a killing with PoF though, so not complaining. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 05:33:55 PM »
val and verite can both reach 100% intensity on each of 5 properties, which is actually HIGHER than 500 for some properties. That is the only advantage (but a big one) that I can see over imbuing. The chances of 5 GOOD properties is staggering, but still...

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 07:00:17 PM »
I had no idea promotions were possible...!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 08:38:31 PM »
I just traded my 2 Verite Hammers for dirt cheap! One verite hammer for a 120 Swordmanship Powerscroll and the second Verite Hammer + Gold Hammer for a 120 Mysticim scroll. This is on a shard I'm pretty much just fooling around on or else I'd go get my own powerscrolls but I don't spawn on this shard. I'm basically just there to conduct business but decided to build a character there so I don't get too bored.

Anyhoo...I just went to TC and burned some Verite and Valorite Hammers...and they have the potential to create some very nice weapons..better than imbueing but your chances are slim to none. I got one or two out of maybe 60 that I would have considered not trashing. There were some radiants I crafted with a large volume of properties and high intensities but they just didn't go together and belonged in the garbage.

What the Devs need implement is what has already been suggest and that is a menu driven system for runic items where you can choose the properties you want then bang on the hammer and out pops what you desired....with some randonmess as far as the intensity. Getting FC, and luck, and a resist on a weapon is completely asinine.

One of the major factors I think with the introduction of imbueing was to allow players who aren't POWER PLAYERS the oppurtunity to get some very good gear. Now they've accomplished that...

A player can, if they they want to create an imbuer and farm the resources and put together some extremely viable equipment.

That said...now that I started BOD'ing....Runics got shafted and are completely worthless unless you get damn lucky. I remember seeing some radiants and leafblades that are still to this day better than anything I can imbue. That's the way it should be.

We need to start lobbying for runics to have some value again. 8)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 08:45:27 PM »
My gut is that a change to runics is coming. I am going to hold onto my high end runics with the hope that it happens.

There are currently 13 valorite hammers on SUO accross all shards ranging in price from 15M to 19.5M
There are currently 48 verite hammers on SUO accross all shards ranging in price from 7.5M to 29M
There are currently 63 agapite hammers on SUO accross all shards ranging in price from 1.5M to 8.9M
There are currently 68 gold hammers on SUO accross all shards ranging in price from 700K to 3.49M

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 09:32:28 PM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 10:09:01 PM »
Wow, I had no idea about lbod promotions.  Interesting idea.  Ill have to watch that. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 02:35:42 AM »
Over the years I have collected thousands of BOD's. Out of the thousands of BOD's I've collected I've had a grand total of 3 Valorite sBOD's, two were for shields. I could only dream of actually getting a Val hammer without buying it.

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 02:53:54 AM »
its possible now with pauls badboy running 24/7.  I have one sbod for a valorite hammer already, a couple verite, and a bunch of gold and agy.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 03:44:36 AM »
12X, you are the perfect tester for the script then.

I am running the runner on two shards. On the shard where I started this project with nothing my valorite hammer book has three bods in it and my verite hammer book has 16 bods in it. If you run it you will get them. If you already have a colllection of BODs, you will get them pretty quickly. On the shard where I have been doing bods for years with pretty much the same result as you, I have five or six complete ver hammer sets (turned two in yesterday) and three complete val hammer bod sets. I have been running that one more since I didn't have to get any bods to feed it.

-Mario Andretti

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 04:05:53 AM »
Yeah, I'm totally a good candidate and have been putting it off (so much to do with so little time lol).

I'll start playing around, I need to free up some damn BOD storage anyhow. Of course this will make me want to refresh my miner script thus I'll have yet another story for Cerv's "Chain of Events" thread.

X

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 04:13:58 AM »
You definitely need 3-400 lockdowns for the script, but you may already be using that many for your collection.  Script will help pair down your collection to stuff you really want to keep.  It creates a lot of by product, but there is significant bod shrinkage. I would guess I go through 200 or so in 12 or so hours running it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 04:17:50 AM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 04:15:38 AM »
You definitely need 3-400 lockdowns for the script, but you may already be using that many for your collection.  Script will help pair down your collection to stuff you really want to keep.  I creates a lot of by product, but there is significant bod shrinkage. I would guess I go through 200 or so in 12 or so hours running it.
Well another thing I have going for me is the speration between resource gatherer and crafting characters to different accounts, means I can run with both.

Now that I finished training my first Imbuer finally maybe I'll make this my next project.

I'm such a procrastinator...

X

Tags: