Author Topic: How is TMapping these days  (Read 24038 times)

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
How is TMapping these days
« on: December 09, 2013, 01:36:20 AM »
+1
I haven't really looked at TMapping since AoS came out, but I guess they randomized the chest spawn locations, rendering tmap libraries useless. What's it like figuring out where the maps are nowadays?

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: How is TMapping these days
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 05:28:35 AM »
+1
I'll give ya some feed back - check elite section

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:44:45 AM »
+1
I haven't really looked at TMapping since AoS came out, but I guess they randomized the chest spawn locations, rendering tmap libraries useless. What's it like figuring out where the maps are nowadays?

I'm kinda the same way.  I never could seem to solo the bugger ones, but I was always just playing using the t-hunter.  Might be fun to use 2 accounts.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 09:10:44 AM »
+1
I used to solo level 6 maps all the time with just a bard tmapper - Peace/Provoke. I find that I can no longer solo with that template because they make the spawn stay near the trunk now. I used to kill off the initial spawn with provo and peace, lure away the remaining 1 left, then provo stuff onto it when it popped, etc until there was only one thing left and the trunk was empty.

Now that template can't solo kill an Ancient Wyrm and the spawn can only go a screen or so away from the chest so I can't empty the chest with that template.

I'm sure soloing with a single character/account is still an option, just a matter of the right template.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 09:19:24 AM »
+1
I used to do maps way back in the day (Pre AoS) and was able to solo the level fives without much problem. I found that they key to success was setting up though. What I used to do is, I would make a rune off screen about one screen. As I was digging up the chest I would enter war mode and prep an invis item. This meant that when the mobs popped, even if there were instant aggro balrons I could toggle out of warmode just as I pop the invis item on and I wouldn't knock myself out of invis with an autoattack. Then I would recall to my house and click/drag the invis item in place so that when I revealed to cast recall, I would be hidden instantly again as I was casting it. Then it was as simple as recalling back to my off screen rune, prepping a para field and dragging them up a little and into the para field where I could provo them.

The template I ran was:

100 Carto
100 Lockpicking
100 Wrestling (Not hiding. I would rather use an invis item as opposed to 100% getting hit by 1-3 instant aggro balrons who didn't let me hide.)
100 Music
100 Provo
100 Magery
100 Meditation

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 09:53:58 AM »
+1
Pretty similar tactic on the level 6's for me, I always marked a rune offscreen to make it easier to get back if needed. I also always made sure I had a clear running path before digging. Spawn would pop, I'd hit an area peace, then I'd book a screen or two away and cast invis. From there using provoke and EV's the rest was a cakewalk.

Now when spawn gets too far away from the chest it will "rubberband" back to the chest. Kind of like the spawn in the recent invasion or the captains in the BT dungeon.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 01:03:42 PM »
+1
When My 2 davies lockers get full I intend to actually start doing tmaps...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 03:51:17 PM »
+1
After over a decade I still haven't done a tmap myself. Although I have one almost completely trained up so I can start!

(off memory)
110 mystic
110 focus
110 mage
100 cartog
100 lockpick (currently 92ish)
100 mining
90 med (i think. really can't remember lol)

Plan is to drop RC to kill off the spawn and be invis'd while that's happening. I'll bring my other account as well with a greater dragon plus disco if needed.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 03:58:20 PM »
+1
After over a decade I still haven't done a tmap myself. Although I have one almost completely trained up so I can start!

(off memory)
110 mystic
110 focus
110 mage
100 cartog
100 lockpick (currently 92ish)
100 mining
90 med (i think. really can't remember lol)

Plan is to drop RC to kill off the spawn and be invis'd while that's happening. I'll bring my other account as well with a greater dragon plus disco if needed.

Haha I made the almost exact same temp without mining. I decoded my 1st map and that was as far as I got. I couldn't figure out how to get to the treasure so I gave up.

Offline lamar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lamar has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 10:32:42 AM »
+1
i done alot of miasma chests last days (well the maps from them) but havnt found any item to keep, i had one legendary artifact, but it was crap, i wont use any more time on tmaps, more profit from selling them i say

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 04:33:13 AM »
+1
i done alot of miasma chests last days (well the maps from them) but havnt found any item to keep, i had one legendary artifact, but it was crap, i wont use any more time on tmaps, more profit from selling them i say
How much luck is on your suit? I get Legendary's every couple of level 6 maps I do, sometimes more than one in a chest, and I get multiple Greater's with pretty much every map. I'm running about 1100 luck on my suit then hitting a luck statue in my pack just before I dig the chest up.

X

Offline lamar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lamar has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 12:41:15 PM »
+1
How much luck is on your suit? I get Legendary's every couple of level 6 maps I do, sometimes more than one in a chest, and I get multiple Greater's with pretty much every map. I'm running about 1100 luck on my suit then hitting a luck statue in my pack just before I dig the chest up.

X
2820 luck,   so you say i should give it a few more tryes?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 04:46:37 AM »
+1

X
2820 luck,   so you say i should give it a few more tryes?
Well, sounds like you are killing it on luck. Not sure, maybe it's just "one of those things". I have definitely had maps where I got no Legendary but I can usually count on at least one every couple. Note though, I haven't done a map in months so maybe my take would be crappy if I were to do them now? No idea.

X

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 06:12:26 AM »
+1
They seem to go in spurts, for a few weeks I will have nice loot and they are worth doing and then I will hit weeks where I get a bunch of crap. It really seems that they have messed up the RNG even worse than before. It almost seems as if they turn luck on and off on a whim.

Offline valen2.0

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • valen2.0 has no influence.
  • Respect: +63
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2016, 04:08:19 AM »
+1
I do them for the pinks and blues and forged pardons lol i cant have enough of the pardons. lol still 100 murdercounts left to burn.

Tags: