Author Topic: cLAW: Long delays and eventual crashes?  (Read 6785 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
cLAW: Long delays and eventual crashes?
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:54:23 AM »
Greetings!

I've been running cLAW along with a modified version of Cerv's Honor-and-Attack all weekend.  I've been restarting cLAW every two hours or so because it starts getting very slow and will eventually trigger either a client crash (because H-a-A moves while cLAW is being pokey with dragging) or an EUO crash.

Details:
- Vista, 32-bit on a laptop that was new in 2007
- Running both cLAW and H-a-A in the same EUO instance
- No other clients/instances running

Anyone else experience sometime similar?

Thanks!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: cLAW: Long delays and eventual crashes?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 07:03:09 AM »
have you tried to go back to a previous version?  I made some drag changes in the last version.  The cLAW does some garbage collection to keep string sizes moderate.  If you do a var-dump and send it to me after one of your marathon runs just before a crash, that'll help me see what's up.  Don't post it publically.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »
Haven't tried rolling back to a previous version.  Assuming my character hasn't died to natural causes and EUO hasn't crashed when I get home, I'll PM you the var dump this evening.

Thanks, TM!  I also wanted to complement you on the customizable rules system - it is truly amazing.  Your flexible system is really nice with the new loot changes!  If I sell some of these neat jewelry pieces, I'll have to tip you some of the giant pile of gold I expect to make!

Cheers!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 12:57:05 PM »
Var Dump

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
blue screen of death.png

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 01:58:02 PM »
ROFL!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »
Opps you said to NOT post publicly :)

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 12:25:31 AM »
So Claw install itself as own driver?  :-X

btw this bluescreen reminds me when i used it as screensaver and some employees stopped at my places and thought my computer crashed :D

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 12:16:47 PM »
Well, my character was OOoOOooing when I returned home, so no way to know if the var dump would have been meaningful.  I rather suspect that the poor toon died while doing ultra-slow scanning/looting via claw...but I can't prove it, your honor!

Pulled a total of 825 items out of Shame, all at least "Major Magic Item" level.  Another 370ish before dying/crashing overnight - so I can't really complain.

I should start another thread to show examples.  Maybe someone here wants to buy 'em!  I sure as heck can't seem to break into the markets on Atl, Pac or GL.  Is there a boss I have to pay homage to or something?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 12:41:06 PM »
Well, my character was OOoOOooing when I returned home, so no way to know if the var dump would have been meaningful.  I rather suspect that the poor toon died while doing ultra-slow scanning/looting via claw...but I can't prove it, your honor!

Pulled a total of 825 items out of Shame, all at least "Major Magic Item" level.  Another 370ish before dying/crashing overnight - so I can't really complain.

I should start another thread to show examples.  Maybe someone here wants to buy 'em!  I sure as heck can't seem to break into the markets on Atl, Pac or GL.  Is there a boss I have to pay homage to or something?
On Europa is every Wednesday a player holded auction.. maybe those goodies could take a good price in situations like that;)

Offline Puebles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Puebles has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 08:01:04 AM »
I have had crashes with the same combo. But, it is far better than the crashes I got with the old looting script I used. The key for all looting scripts is not to move, obviously. So, I now use Froncy's Auto Attack. You lose honor, but does that matter when scripting? Time is not of the essence and you are probably not scripting against uber monsters. Anyways, I have great luck with my sampire as he just sits there and the bad guys come to him.  With the thrower you lose a lot of loot when the monster dies out of reach. But, no crashes.

Offline Puebles

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Puebles has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 08:06:53 AM »
BTW, use the Berserker Mode (F11 attack all) rather than the Attack Best Choice mode (F12). Sometimes with Attack Best Choice your character fixates on a monster out of reach (like a Rising Colossus) while getting hammered by closer monsters.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 09:52:52 AM »

I'd love to see what you get.  I'd also try spamming pics on stratics selling/trading area http://stratics.com/community/forums/uo-traders-hall.41/ some of the stuff that sells there is stunning, or the gold it nets is stunning.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 07:30:03 AM »
Here's something to try NB:  Locate the "ProceedAndLoot" sub and comment out the following 3 lines:

Code: [Select]
;      gosub AddItemsToList HISTORY !loot_list
;      if %right_pane = HISTORY
;        gosub DrawHistoryPane

This will stop the history logging, but I'm curious if the problem then goes away.  Seeing from your logs, you are looting a billion items at a setting and the logging gets kinda long.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »
Thanks!  You know, it never occurred to me that I was going to be amassing a huge history log.  I almost never use that display when I'm cLAWing.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 08:38:33 AM »
If that becomes the issue, all you need to do is go through all your rules and uncheck the "log?" checkmark for each.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: