Author Topic: Starting a Script Miner  (Read 29271 times)

Offline NewsmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a Script Miner
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 05:56:53 AM »
Lol, no worries. I've been around the block. Most of the folks here know me from AC and winuo and uocoders.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 09:48:18 AM »
Hehe. No buttons pressed anywhere Tarpan, I think it's just good ol' fashioned harassment... Something everyone has to put up with now and again if they want to make it here ;)

X

Tone is so hard to infer from text at times.  :-X

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 08:08:46 AM »
What all this Miner discussion and no-one mentioned my fully loaded extra bells and whistles miner, I'm insulted ... ow wait ow yea its private  ;D

Nice write up... thanks for contributing.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 08:44:35 AM »
manwink, Long Gone Scripty, and endless always teasing us with the private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool lol. Okay had to think up something whitty to say roflmao

Editted for correctness: EN
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:24:42 AM by Endless Night »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 12:24:18 PM »
manwink, Twinkle McNugget, and endless always teasing us with the private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool lol. Okay had to think up something whitty to say roflmao

Nice .. mind if i quote you on that one.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
manwink, Twinkle McNugget, and endless always teasing us with the private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool lol. Okay had to think up something whitty to say roflmao

LOL Sure goahead mate

Nice .. mind if i quote you on that one.

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »
Excellent Write up! This helped a ton in getting me started! Thank You so much!! and great Job!!

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 10:14:32 AM »
Necrothread.

I just got a 48 hour temp ban for using Twinkle McNugget's miner.  :o  I am considering another account, solely for mining.  So while in the 2 day trial, they have removed the ability to mine color ore?  Crap.  Was completely ready to run like 3 temps at a time.  I guess iron ingots still sell :) I'll have to start a 3rd account to sacrifice to the GMs so I don't lose my aged account.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 04:57:20 AM »
Necrothread.

I just got a 48 hour temp ban for using X miner.  :o  I am considering another account, solely for mining.  So while in the 2 day trial, they have removed the ability to mine color ore?  Crap.  Was completely ready to run like 3 temps at a time.  I guess iron ingots still sell :) I'll have to start a 3rd account to sacrifice to the GMs so I don't lose my aged account.

Sounds like you where not choosing suitable mining spots.  As with all resource gathering and nearly any resource gathering script you use.  The odds of getting banned if the script isnt total trash  is just down to the actual spots you choose to gather resources in.

GMs dont go looking for people to ban, people page on you.  So in order to not get banned, dont be seen by other players.  If you mine in xcave and always see joe blow in that cave its probably time you stopped mining thier .. espeacially as ive seen people do for example mine in right corner recall to middle then recall to left corner .. thats just asking for a banning.   So aviod players and you will never get banned  even if your scrpt buggs out and you walk into a wall for 4 hours....  do that around players and your done for.

Thiers a thread around someplace on this sort of stuff

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 05:41:36 AM »
Elves get a higher percentage colored ore in addition to an alleged increase in the frequency of the rare gem types.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 06:22:08 AM »
Necrothread.

I just got a 48 hour temp ban for using X miner.  :o  I am considering another account, solely for mining.  So while in the 2 day trial, they have removed the ability to mine color ore?  Crap.  Was completely ready to run like 3 temps at a time.  I guess iron ingots still sell :) I'll have to start a 3rd account to sacrifice to the GMs so I don't lose my aged account.

Sounds like you where not choosing suitable mining spots.  As with all resource gathering and nearly any resource gathering script you use.  The odds of getting banned if the script isnt total trash  is just down to the actual spots you choose to gather resources in.

GMs dont go looking for people to ban, people page on you.  So in order to not get banned, dont be seen by other players.  If you mine in xcave and always see joe blow in that cave its probably time you stopped mining thier .. espeacially as ive seen people do for example mine in right corner recall to middle then recall to left corner .. thats just asking for a banning.   So aviod players and you will never get banned  even if your scrpt buggs out and you walk into a wall for 4 hours....  do that around players and your done for.

Thiers a thread around someplace on this sort of stuff

I was using Twinkle McNugget's miner which auto ignore runes you see people mining at.  The funny thing was it was like 3 in the morning, and I was at my computer with the miner on the second screen.  I never saw anyone, and his miner never picked up anyone on the status- Makes me wonder if someone hasn't been spotting me over the last few weeks and pieced it together (maybe a scripter himself, what a dick) and left someone hiding.  I don't want to risk my almost 6 year account, so I'm probably just going to pay for a macro account.  One I can afford to lose.  I was going to create 3 temp accounts (I imbued 3 LRC/MR Str suits) and run a miners on them and just keep passing the stuff off every week and a half or so until I had enough ingots to last me a while-  but it seems according to this thread that I would only end up with Iron ingots. :(
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 06:59:57 AM »
Auto ignoring spots becuase of players presence is something some of my scripts have been doing for years upon years upon years, upon years and years and years....  although a new public feature on easyuo its nothing new. But as you have just found out that in and of itself is not good enough.   Its simple logic in order to ignore a spot you first have to go thier see and be seen.  Restart the script a couple times a day and see and beseen a few times a day.   Do that enough and a competitior or a zealous anti-scripter with page on you.

I dont care how many bells and whistles a given script has,  and mine has many more than the current one your using,  I refer you back to my response 3 posts back that is the essense of what matters on the whole gm paging issue everything else is just fluff .. sometimes nice fluff but still fluff :)

If your seeking assistance with that particular script your in the wrong place.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:06:06 AM by Endless Night »

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 07:10:45 AM »
Yeah, I understand what you're saying.  I'm just surprised because I'm afk mined for 2 years with spewy who didn't ignore people.. and never got busted.

I also don't understand your comment 'your in the wrong place'
I didn't come here for help with a script-  I came here to discuss starting temp accounts for mining because of the comment the OP had written about not being able to mine colored on trial accounts :/  (no hostility intended)
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 07:33:27 AM »
Yup temp accounts got nerfed awhile back now.......   I think you need to place your existing mining rune books in a box and not use them for a while.. and find a good rune library and start roaming around for some new spots. 

Also I'm not sure if UO still has that account transfer option that would wipe an black marks on transfer... worth looking into if you might be using your main account unattended again.

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 07:35:22 AM »
I was looking for that option and emailed support because I couldn't find it.

I ran around marking 8 books and will do another 8 more.  I have a feeling I know where I was busted- Ter Mur.  I also made a stupid mistake, out of laziness.  That I"m fixing, like you said, recalling 12 tiles away makes you look obvious.  I'm changing that.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Tags: