Author Topic: Mysticism Mage  (Read 8412 times)

Offline swkpjjkTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • swkpjjk has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Mysticism Mage
« on: June 21, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »
+1
I am currently working on a Mystic Mage and was wondering if anyone had any advise on if Provo and Disco would be a good fit for a PVM. If I do this i think that i will have to limit my skills to:

Magery
Mysticism
Music
Provo
Disco
Med

Others have told me that a good set would be to go with Focus, Eval Intel and Spellweaving. I am not real sure if this is a good spec. Anyone had any experience with this type of a toon?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Mysticism Mage
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 03:18:52 PM »
+1
You need focus to make Mysticism worthwhile.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
+1
I made a Mystic Bard Build but I left that shard and never really started to test the limits of the template.

Things I would consider doing if I was creating such a template.

Drop Magery and carry recall scrolls as the only real magery spell a Mystic uses is recall. Take this with a grain of salt as I don't play Mage templates too often but I've played my Bards quite a bit.

Drop the Meditation and load up with Mana Rengeration. With Focus, LMC and MR you should be pretty good in terms of Mana flow. I would do similiar to what your doing but switchout the Med for Focus and toss in Spellweaving.  Not sure how it would do on spawns but being able to Disco something and throw an RC on it and then WoD at the end. Sounds like a world beater to me.

With Spellweaving and Mysticism spells you have some serious defense to match your offense. The only pain in the butt is the recall scrolls. Charge all your runebooks before leaving home. ;)

120 Spellweaving
120 Mysticism
120 Music
120 Provo
120 Disco
120 Focus

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 02:16:46 PM »
+1
For PvM, mainly Doom, I run:
120 disco
120 music
120 focus
120 mystic
120 mage
120 med

120 mage is overkill for this template. I really just use it for invis, heals and cures. I discord the spawn and drop a rising colossus. I toss bombards and hail storms when I can.

Suit is:
100 LRC, 40 LMC, 2/6, 40 SDI, all 70s, INT +17, Mana Regen 18, HPI 25, MI 26

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 04:12:38 PM »
+1
Ah yes I knew I forgot something...Invisibility. You could carry invisibility potions but you have to be real good at using them as there is a delay and you can get interrupted.

Invisibility is crucial mage spell though. I use it more than recall! ;)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 05:30:54 AM »
+1
With this template mentioned near the end do you guys use a gargoyle or a human?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 08:50:39 AM »
+1
With this template mentioned near the end do you guys use a gargoyle or a human?

I would go with Gargoyle for Mobility. I hate being in Wraith form or on foot and being limited by the ability to manuever.

I run a super sleuth stealth Mystic Weaver template that I go in human form but I have Ninjitsu (Wolf form) on that template. Awesome template too for doing all kinds of things.

On the Mystic Bard being discussed above I would think Gargoyle would be a better bet. Gargoyles have a big advantage when casting RC because they can fly around still where human and elves have to be on foot when they cast their RC's.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »
+1
I agree with Ultima. Gargoyle is the way to go if you plan on dropping RCs.

I should also mention that with my template I tend to run a stealther in Doom as well for the sole purpose of cutting bones.

Tags: