Author Topic: Good morning/afternoon/evening fellow UO lovers!  (Read 214 times)

Offline BeornTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Beorn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Good morning/afternoon/evening fellow UO lovers!
« on: April 12, 2024, 05:12:04 AM »
Hello!

My name is Beorn and I returned to UO at the end of 2023. I found that things have changed a lot in my most recent absence, although many of the people I enjoy playing with and the awesomeness of UO have not! I PVP and PVM, and I've enjoyed PVM a lot the past few months. I'm leaning into the insanity of item properties and having fun making new templates and suits.

When I'm not playing UO--which, sadly, is most of the time--I'm teaching literature courses, taking care of the family, or out running my dog. I've been teaching at the college level for about 5 years now and I really enjoy it. I have many computer science students in my classes who are also avid gamers. This semester I'm teaching a fantasy literature course, and several of the authors whose work we've read are gamers too and I assigned several pieces of writing in which they talk about what gaming means to them. It's been a blast/top teaching experience.

My dog Fido is always by my side when I'm playing UO. He's a pointer and, after a good run, he's happy to sleep here while I try to figure out how to write some javascript (through Codecadamy but would love to know if there are better resources) and pwn some ojs.

Hi to everyone and I hope to be able to contribute to the community!
Beorn

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Good morning/afternoon/evening fellow UO lovers!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 07:41:07 AM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline BeornTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Beorn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 01:09:58 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! It looks like I can't access attachments, but maybe it takes a minute...

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 01:52:45 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Gim forgot to flip the switch but you are good to go now. You should be able to see and download.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 09:53:34 AM »
oops sorry

(thanks Crisis for the save!)

Tags: