Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Producer's Update - May 2010  (Read 7328 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Producer's Update - May 2010
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:17:02 PM »
Producer's Update - May 2010

Hey all,This is a prelude to topics that I’d like to cover in a more expansive letter this week:We’ll discuss house design and gozamats: History and futureCurrent Status of Pub 66Event story arc and loopholes in the fiction – Giving EMs a chance to catch up before major Live EventStatus of the 3rd party program detection – We are ready to implement and will let you know our plan of action for repeat offendersAlso, right now we are doing our best to get Pub 66 to Test Center .. hope to get you an update in the next 36 hours.After Pub 66 initial  we will have a follow up publish several weeks after as we couldn’t fit all of pub 66 in one palpable serving.See you on the boards,Calvin

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=1042

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Producer's Update - May 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 04:31:05 PM »

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 04:31:46 PM »
Hmmmmm... Wonder if they start detecting 70+% of their players running EUO if they try to ban us all? LOL!  Would be kind of bad for their bank box if they do.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 04:37:34 PM »
I'm sure they've done some metrics, and if they haven't, they're about to. :) We'll see.  I'm kinda thinking it might be fun! haha  I think they'll get a shock, because a ton of the stratics people use EUO.  This is fact.  I can't even believe it's being discussed with how many of them use it. haha

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 06:54:32 PM »
It's the vocal few on stratics that make it seem like the majority of players are anti EUO.  I know of one person in my circle of friends that doesn't use, one.  GL EA if the bannings happen.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 07:12:24 PM »
I think they are going to run some metrics, see how many people are using it, and think again. :)

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 11:31:43 PM »
Or they'll observe and start plucking a few at a time, observe reactions and player database, pluck a few, rince repeat until they're happier.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »
Or they'll observe and start plucking a few at a time, observe reactions and player database, pluck a few, rince repeat until they're happier.

Feel free.  I can't imagine they'd shoot themselves in the foot like that.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 04:03:15 AM »
EUO simulates user's actions, like clicking, dragging, casting, etc... It doesn't modify the data stream in any way, just interprets the information and can be scripted to react to those events.

How can they possibly tell the difference between a script drinking a potion and me double clicking the potion? The short answer - they can't. Can they tell the difference of me programming my N52 or my G15 to string together UO macros, and me doing it by hand - No they can't.

Can they scan my computer for EUO? - Nope.

I've been through all this before with the Battlefield series. Punkbuster scanning, etc... had NO effect on scripting at all because there was no way of telling the difference between a script and a user.

What they CAN and are PROBABLY going to do is to calculate the difference in position between where they show a char and where he should be.... maybe put something into the client that sends position and movement info to the server (if it's not already there).

I think this is all about speedhacking and possibly Razor and has little or no impact on EUO use.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 07:48:27 AM »
If they touch EUO in any way, I will certainly close one of my 2 accounts.  I'll probably keep my main account around for nostalgia stake.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 07:53:32 AM »
If they touch EUO in any way, I will certainly close one of my 2 accounts.  I'll probably keep my main account around for nostalgia stake.

I'll close 2 for sure.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 08:05:26 AM »
I really don't see EUO causing bannings, but who knows. I'll be done when I can't script....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 08:07:13 AM »
I really don't see EUO causing bannings, but who knows. I'll be done when I can't script....
Ditto
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 08:12:45 AM »
We all know a bunch of us will eliminate our accts up to all but one in best case for EA but...

I stick to my belief that matches Cervs. that they are mainly doing speed hack.  Not just any program like xcelerator or cheat engine.  They are looking to control any programs that mess wit the data stream.

Since easy uo does not do a data stream approach the program itself won't be messed with, at least I believe they won't dare.  What I do think will happen is that you will see a possible new GM interface that is triggered my a anti macro code for length of time online, possible repeated actions, or something similar.  People that are logged in 24/7 for 30 days of a 30 day acct that is never renewed will be the targets for sure.  Possibly someone that plays all day and macros the evening for 8-9 hours may be at risk.  A pot chugger script will probably not be at risk for the reasons Cerv mentions unless they are timing the reaction times which seems rather complicated.

All in all, they cannot end easy uo, especially after they scan and see the extreme usage over the next few months.

Just my 2 cents

BTW can someone copy and past the letter.  I won't be able to view this for another six hours and i am pretty curious.

Scrripty

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 08:29:59 AM »
It flat out mentions afk scripters...

Tags: