Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Producers Update - Datacenter Maintenance Next Week  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Producers Update - Datacenter Maintenance Next Week

Hello all!
  I will try to write a more extensive producer's update to discuss the current plans for publish 67 next Friday, as well as status on live events and core system updates next week.
  In the interim it's essential we catch you up on an important update to the Ultima Online network.
  For the last three months our engineering team in concert with EA World Wide IT, and the Net Engineering group have been working on upgrading our character databases and warehouse (read that "Housing") as well as login server applications to a new version of Oracle.
  What does this mean to you?

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=1065

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Producers Update - Datacenter Maintenance Next Week
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »
Producers Update - Datacenter Maintenance Next WeekCalvin Crowner09 Jul 2010 16:57:04 ESTHello all!

I will try to write a more extensive producer's update to discuss the current plans for publish 67 next Friday, as well as status on live events and core system updates next week.

In the interim it's essential we catch you up on an important update to the Ultima Online network.

For the last three months our engineering team in concert with EA World Wide IT, and the Net Engineering group have been working on upgrading our character databases and warehouse (read that "Housing") as well as login server applications to a new version of Oracle.

What does this mean to you?
It means a more consistent and predictable infrastructure.  More simply?  Account age, housing information, and the backup process for user data
will be on a more stable platform.

Why is this significant for us the team at Bioware Mythic? Because while we have worked on it in the background for months, and planned for it for a couple of years, UO has needed it for much longer than we'd like to admit.

While we do understand that game bugs, skills and object balance, and live content are important to the longevity of Ultima Online ... the foundation on which all this is supported was at a critical level.  We want you to know we are in this for the long haul! 

Supreem (Derek Brinkmann), Yvette Aarons, Brandon Williams, and last but certainly not least Stephen "Bleak" Brown have worked long hard hours to bring you this major update to our systems.

Plan on server downtime early to the middle of next week across all shards.

We thank you for your patience, and I'm certain you understand the significance of this update as we continue to improve the service of UO

Have a great weekend,

Calvin Crowner
Producer, Ultima Online

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 09:32:49 PM »
Finally they are upgrading the Pentium III servers!  lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:05:02 PM »
think they're gonna try to slip in some third party detection programs??
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 03:49:04 AM »
think they're gonna try to slip in some third party detection programs??

That is exacetly my thoughts but it also could be my paranoia kicking in.

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 04:31:51 AM »
While we do understand that game bugs, skills and object balance, and live content are important to the longevity of Ultima Online ... the foundation on which all this is supported was at a critical level.  We want you to know we are in this for the long haul! 

I hate how the devs feel they have to justify all their actions so the UHallites don't complain too much. lol

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 08:05:02 AM »

Yup! They're upgrading them to the newest Celeron line!  ;)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 08:46:33 AM »

Yup! They're upgrading them to the newest Celeron line!  ;)

Dang !! I thought I understodd it as they got a good deal on some XT and AT machines and where gonna use them !?

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Did I mention they are running it off laptops?   :P
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: