Author Topic: TrailMyx's Master Rail Engine/Developer  (Read 136014 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's Master Rail Engine/Developer
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2013, 08:45:18 PM »
It's just a matter of how fast you record the rail.  Walking slows you down, and that leads to better recorded rails.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline kdzhii

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • kdzhii has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2015, 02:53:31 AM »
Edit: think i got this now.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:30:16 AM by kdzhii »

Offline Shawn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Shawn has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2019, 01:41:47 PM »
I love this tool TM.  It has made railing so much nicer and organized for me, thanks!  I am trying to figure out what would be the best way to use the rail engine to travel into and out of a cave like the Trog cave that changes waypoints completely.  Now I am using it as 2 seperate rails with event moves in between but it feels like it could be done better with your engine somehow.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2019, 09:52:56 PM »
I would do 2 rails as well.  You can use the rail developer easily enough for this, but you'll probably have to go back and tweak the last way point to the exact location of the cave transition.

What would work best is to just handle the step through the cave enterence by hand and then start the next rail.  So rail short of the enterence, move/pathfind through and then rail again.   Sounds like this is what you're doing.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:54:56 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cortes

• Activity:
    0%
  • Cortes has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2022, 09:11:53 AM »
I'm having issues getting the Rail Engine to work, and would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me understand what Im doing wrong.

To be clear, Im not having any issues with the rail developer. I am able to record, save, and load rails directly through the developer. My issue is getting my recorded rail to load through the engine, so I can loop the rail and get it to run automatically.

If Im understanding this correctly, I need to run a code snippet in conjunction with the rail engine code in order to parse the rail file name and get it to loop? The recorded rail is in c:\test.txt and Im using Windows 10.

This is the snippet that I am currently using:
Code: [Select]
set %railsubs tool_railengine30l.txt
call %railsubs TM_Initialize

set %railfilename test.txt
set %railname RAIL1

call %railsubs TM_LoadRail %railfilename
if #RESULT = #TRUE
{
  display ok Rail file not found
  stop
}

set #LPC 100
loop1:
  call %railsubs TM_RunRail %railname 0 END FW  ; finish running this rail from the present position to the end
  if #RESULT = #TRUE
  {
    display ok Rail error occurred.
  }
  call %railsubs TM_RunRail %railname 0 END BW  ; finish running this rail from the present position to the end
  if #RESULT = #TRUE
  {
    display ok Rail error occurred.
  }
  goto loop1

call %railsubs TM_Close
stop

Nothing happens when I try and run this code, no error code or nothing. Same when I try and run the rail engine, nothing happens, but I do get a blank interface (attached picture).

Sorry if Im a noob but I would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me get this working.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
rail engine error.png