Author Topic: Resource grid 8x8 4x3, etc  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Tommy BoyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tommy Boy has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Resource grid 8x8 4x3, etc
« on: March 03, 2012, 11:24:55 PM »
Is it possible for a server/shard to have a different grid for ore and wood? 

What I mean is, is it possible for the ore and mining to be 8x8 and for the wood/trees to be 4x3?

I'm playing on ABCUO and this seems to be the case.  I'm trying to verify it.

I've been using Cyberpope's Mining and LJing Radar to set up runebooks for both.

Thanks

Tommy Boy

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Resource grid 8x8 4x3, etc
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 04:07:39 AM »
The answer to weather it is possible if you dont find it hear would be at www.runuo.com   .. but i should imagine its entirely possible.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Casho

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Casho has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 05:38:30 AM »
I played on a few shards with own system on each shard. Non was same to the other and mostly different for mining and for lumber.
It seems like it is possible, yes.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 07:42:30 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I'm confident in my findings that ABCUO is definitely 8x8 for mining ore.

I'm also almost positive that logs are not in an 8x8 resource grid.  Cyberpope points out in a post about RunUO shards that boards/logs are in 4x3 grid.  This does seem to be the case as when I marked my runes initially, using 8x8 grid, I seen "there is no more wood here" when switching trees at one rune.  When I adjusted the grid in the LJing Radar to 4x3 and remarked my runes I no longer got the message.

It's just that I had never heard of resources using a different grid size on the same server.  After looking through the RunUO forums I've so far not found definite confirmation that this is normal.  Still looking.

Tommy Boy

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 07:58:17 PM »
Wanted to answer you yesterday but then when i pressed post, my internet crashed..

Is it possible for a server/shard to have a different grid for ore and wood? 

What I mean is, is it possible for the ore and mining to be 8x8 and for the wood/trees to be 4x3?

I'm playing on ABCUO and this seems to be the case.  I'm trying to verify it.

I've been using Cyberpope's Mining and LJing Radar to set up runebooks for both.

Thanks

Tommy Boy
Playing on a Freeshard mean the Owner could do whatever they like , if they know how. 8x8 50x50 or facet x facet.. As long as they know where all is simple

Here is the Example :
Runuo\Scripts\Misc\Skillcheck.cs

Code: [Select]
public const int Allowance = 3;
//How many times may we use the same location/target for gain
private const int LocationSize = 5;
//The size of eeach location, make this smaller so players dont have to move as far
mean 3 Skillgains in 5x5

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 10:33:06 PM »
Irregardless most Resource Gatherers Should be able to be Modified for different Types of Grids.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »
Irregardless most Resource Gatherers Should be able to be Modified for different Types of Grids.

Yep, I've pretty much figured ABCUO is 8x8 for mining and 4x3 for lumberjack.  It was just confusing at first because I did not know that the resource grid could be different for different resources on the SAME server. 

I use Spewy's Runebook miner to mine and I use your Lumberjack script.  It's a great one.  Thanks BTW.

Tommy Boy
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:41:17 PM by Tommy Boy »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 10:47:11 AM »
Meh, I tried running my old lumberjacker and about cried.....

Spent 5 Minutes just playing with the Code and changing the timers/Flow of the Script and got a 50% increase in total Wood gathered per hour.

Hoping to have a rewrite done in the next two weeks and have it uploaded, but I'm beyond busy at the moment.

Sadly, Any Re-Write I do will not Include breakable Axes, That stuff just annoys me.....
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 02:31:59 PM »
Meh, I tried running my old lumberjacker and about cried.....

Spent 5 Minutes just playing with the Code and changing the timers/Flow of the Script and got a 50% increase in total Wood gathered per hour.

Hoping to have a rewrite done in the next two weeks and have it uploaded, but I'm beyond busy at the moment.

Sadly, Any Re-Write I do will not Include breakable Axes, That stuff just annoys me.....

On EA shards, using your lumberjacker I get between 19k-22k boards per hours.  On ABCUO, because you only get two chops per tree, thus a lot more recalling, I get 9k-10k per hour.  Resources aren't randomized there though so once I find a good number of rare wood trees that will be just fine.

Your current script just pulls axes out of the secure and equips them.  It works well.  I've been looking at Spewy's script, cuz it tinkers shovels and was thinking 'bout squeezing a tinker sub into your lumberjacker.

I have to say though that since I've been playing on ABCUO, I've been more and more frustrated by the dang differences between RunUO and EA servers. 

It's freaking crazy, it's resource grids are different, gump sizes and locations are different.  I mean EA crafting gumps start at 50,50 but RunUO crafting gumps start at 40,40.  What the hell for?  Just to make it a pain in the ass writing a script for both.  Just makes no sense.  Add to that different ItemIDs and even buttons rearranged.  It's almost enough to make me stay with EA/Mythic shards.

Anyways, manwinc, if you redo your lumberjacker I'd be happy to help you test it.  I can test on both EA and RunUO shards since I still have my EA accounts for at least 5 more months and I've been a wood chopping fool the last few months.

Tommy Boy

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 08:17:37 PM »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 11:22:01 PM »
Now don't get me wrong.  I'm enjoying my play on ABCUO.

The jist of my post is really just that it's goofy.  Goofy that scripting and easyuo is legal but then you put in hindrances to it at the same time.  By hindrances I'm specifically talking about the easyuo and client interaction, not massive abuse deterrents like special gumps to limit huge scale resource scripting or BOD scripting.

I mean c'mon, it's really necessary to shift the crafting gumps by 10, 10 or change the gump size by 10 pixels?  This doesn't hinder anyone except the player who has zero scripting ability of their own to use scripts that the owners won't or don't support for shards they don't play on.  In the end it's only petty.  It's petty because it's a micro difference that in actuality is of no consequence other than the time to modify the script. Now in my case, not being barely even a novice scripter, it takes me an hour or two sometimes to modify complicated scripts.

My post was in no way meant to disparage the content on ABCUO.  I'm too new there to really have much opinion on that yet anyway.  I've still only been focused on training a character and a mule on the three accounts I started.  BOD collectors will be next. 

I've spent twelve years playing UO almost uninterrupted.  My oldest active accounts are 136 and 142 months.  They are still active although maybe not for much longer than the next four to six months.  I don't know yet.  My point is that I'm not new to UO, only to that server which is ABCUO.  So far I think it has a better economy and seemingly balanced PvP and PvM.  I'm still getting started though.  It's exciting and challenging starting over from zero on a new server.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 08:10:40 AM »
Do they dynamically change the gump sizes just to thwart scripters, or are the gump sizes always a bit off?  RunUO and OSI are always out of sync with gump sizes and this varies from freeshard to freeshard.  But if they do this on the fly just to mess with scripting, that's kinda crappy.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 08:12:34 AM »
Would just have to do a pixel scan to figure out the offset, unless they just REALLY goof with things.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 11:07:34 AM »
Do they dynamically change the gump sizes just to thwart scripters, or are the gump sizes always a bit off?  RunUO and OSI are always out of sync with gump sizes and this varies from freeshard to freeshard.  But if they do this on the fly just to mess with scripting, that's kinda crappy.
That could be possible as well.
In times like today, shards who forbid the usage of Easyuo are quite less used.
So the from donation money seeking Staffteam looking forward to allow scripting, but in same way limit it.
ABCUO had a lot of anticaptures in past , and when you got your first Highlevel Bod, you will see what i mean.it tooked me 4 Weeks back then to complete Fullfill a script who can answer that thing in a speed what is good enough(EUO).
Keep us up 2 date maybe i getting used and would join as well.

Crome

Tags: