Author Topic: Multiple houses per account  (Read 4439 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Multiple houses per account
« on: April 03, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »
I'd really like to see them allow more than one house per account again.  Within limits of course.  What do ya'll think?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tommy Boy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tommy Boy has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple houses per account
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 01:01:14 PM »
Hell yeah!  There should be at least two houses per account allowed with no restrictions whatsoever.

Most shards are a ghost town.  While they're at it, delete all the damned bugged houses too.

Tommy Boy

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 01:21:03 PM »
Two things I would love to see, and couple ways of doing it, 2 houses per account - make one private and one public. That way people could have say a rune library or a vendor house and have a private home to do with as they see fit. Yes i could say 2 private homes but i am looking at community oriented more to try and get that bill passed per say.

Perhaps charging more a month for a account to have a second house? Lets say 5 bucks more  you get extra house...

Open up a cross realm gate - that way small shards can play together.. Easier to find people to do things etc.. Plus with that able to keep your own home shard feel?

Sorry throwing that last one in there but figure it would also hijack and offer more ideas on thread :)

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:20:29 PM »
I have two houses side by side, I just co-owned both accounts, but I only keep the 2nd account open for a month then 3 months later I reactivate to save the house from idoc, then cancel it again for 3 months...

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »
I'd love it. Although since I'm not sure if I'll keep playing serveral shards, not sure if I'd really use all the houses.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »
yes on multi houses

and yes on shard moongate.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »
yes to both as endless wrote.

my back to brit houses have been nice!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 11:31:48 PM »
Sign me up...

That's really been the hardest thing when closing down multiple accounts is dropping houses on various shards. I stored so much much stuff away on Europa and I refuse to let it go to IDOC.

I've used 5 xfer tokens transferring stuff from Europa to Sonoma because I want to be down to one account. I didn't want to lose all my goodies in the event I decide to start playing more often in the future however unless they do something with the graphics I don't see myself getting into UO full blown again... but you never know.

Allowing 2 houses per account would have saved me alot of time, 5 xfer tokens and a few headaches.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:35:28 PM by Ultima »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 05:19:02 AM »
My idea would be to allow multiple houses per account but only 1 per shard. Have a house on as many shards as you want.

The clincher would be this though - you have to play x number of hours in a given time period on each "non-primary" shard in order for the house to not go IDOC. This way there is accountability and people would be less likely to just grab a house on every shard for the sake of having it. Us smart players would continue having the benefit of AFK-play thus would be able to manage more houses but even a moderate, non scripter player could have a home on multiple shards pretty easily.

For those of us who can't afford to constantly move from shard to shard to play with friends this would be a great alternative.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 07:59:57 AM »
I really think they should tie the house ownership into account age at some level.  It seems reasonable to me to have more than one house if you've had an account for a certain amount of time and that would scale based on account age.  Perhaps like 1 house for every 4 years of age.  That would keep the veteran players around and interested.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 09:22:51 AM »
I really think they should tie the house ownership into account age at some level.  It seems reasonable to me to have more than one house if you've had an account for a certain amount of time and that would scale based on account age.  Perhaps like 1 house for every 4 years of age.  That would keep the veteran players around and interested.
That's a good one too. In fact, why not a 10-year vet reward "Extra house token" or something? Make it account-bound so it can't be traded perhaps.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »
My idea would be to allow multiple houses per account but only 1 per shard. Have a house on as many shards as you want.

The clincher would be this though - you have to play x number of hours in a given time period on each "non-primary" shard in order for the house to not go IDOC. This way there is accountability and people would be less likely to just grab a house on every shard for the sake of having it. Us smart players would continue having the benefit of AFK-play thus would be able to manage more houses but even a moderate, non scripter player could have a home on multiple shards pretty easily.

For those of us who can't afford to constantly move from shard to shard to play with friends this would be a great alternative.

X

I like the idea of it and I don't. In a month or two I'm going to be away for 6-8 months and won't be able to log in. But I will still be paying for my accounts so my houses don't drop.

I prefer TM's idea. Every x years you can have a second house.

Offline leroyvanstet

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • leroyvanstet has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 09:02:43 AM »

I agree it should be available to older accounts.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 11:26:09 AM »

YES!  Or hell, just make it a 15 yr vet reward.  I'll still be ecstatic.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 12:21:42 PM »
I am in for the vet account token and it be account bound. You also click the token and it allows you to place a second house that is outside of the normal houses they already have? Maybe a house on stilks so you can place it in areas that are in uneven terrain and areas that are not already taken and even place a house that is say 4 x 4 so as to fit in strange places that like in luna that has areas open but a house can not be placed as to give you a luna home.

Tags: