Author Topic: Old player returning to the fold  (Read 1828 times)

Offline SomberTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Somber has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Old player returning to the fold
« on: January 16, 2019, 11:47:58 AM »
Used to play on Baja back in the 2009 era in Spawner's Inc. Just joined the Demise server after trying out the new Endless Journey account on OSI shards which was really restricted =/ Been enjoying the return so far. I've been playing Celtic Heroes on iOS for the past number of years but isn't quite the same as nostalgic UO.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Old player returning to the fold
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 11:50:20 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in english.

Offline SomberTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Somber has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 04:42:23 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in english.

I apologize for not having my intro up to snuff =) I was just too excited to find some scripts to help get me back into the game.

So, my UO career starting back in 1998 or so. My family had just moved from Oregon and I was a wee lad when my father and I were introduced to Ultima Online by a friend of my dad's from work. Little by little we both became more addicted. My dad was more into the crafting aspect of the game, whereas I was more into the PvP and trash talk side of it all. My dad could often be found in Minoc near the mountains hacking away at the rock. Every so often a PK would be brave and come attack a poor little ol' miner. When that happened, my dad would yell at me to come help (we sat next to each other with side by side computers). I would typically dispatch of the PK quickly so my dad could get back to the excitement of mining.

The game was evolving along with my skills as a wrestle mage use the paralyze/disarm maneuver. I could often be found in Bucs Den dueling, going grey and using incognito to fool people into attacking me and later dying. My game was at its peak pre-items. Once items with properties were being introduced it became a little bit more of a learning curve since I couldn't naked fight anyone anymore if I wanted to stay alive.

I originally started on Pacific but moved to Baja where I joined Spawners Inc. The premier spawning guild that did daily spawns and Harrowers each week. We were often raided by an Asian guild or the Cartel, a PK guild. Battles would last hours upon hours which was so much fun. That was the most exciting aspect of the game for me. I later created my own stealth ninja PK to pick on the Asian guilds spawning Despise early in the morning before I went to work.

I later lost some interest as real life became a bit busier so I moved on. In about 2012 I started playing Celtic Heroes which is an iOS and now Android mobile MMORPG type game. I remembered reading a couple months back about UO coming out with a free to play account which I then forgot about until a couple weeks ago. I created myself an Endless Journey account... played for a few days and then realized how many restrictions there were so started looking into free servers which is when I landed on Demise thanks in part due to the server options when you start up Razor.

I'm currently working a few different toons to start farming and making money, Prices of items have definitely gone up over the years =)

That's my story in a nutshell.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 05:31:58 PM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 03:02:48 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: