Author Topic: Easyuo script programming language?  (Read 9472 times)

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Easyuo script programming language?
« on: February 09, 2013, 01:17:00 AM »
I was wondering if easyuo scripts are based off of a specific programming language? I would like to understand more of what I kind of guess my way through.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Easyuo script programming language?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 04:52:45 AM »
I was wondering if easyuo scripts are based off of a specific programming language? I would like to understand more of what I kind of guess my way through.

Dunno if iam right but Easyuo is a selfmade interpreted languange.

If you want to learn a real languange use stealth with python :P

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 04:12:51 PM »

Dunno if iam right but Easyuo is a selfmade interpreted languange.

If you want to learn a real languange use stealth with python :P

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 04:17:38 PM »

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 06:24:16 AM »
I think he was  speechless.

learn a real language like python?

We should make easyUO/scriptUO all C or C++ ;)
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 07:15:03 AM »
I think he was  speechless.

learn a real language like python?

We should make easyUO/scriptUO all C or C++ ;)
Well Easyuo is interpreted languange..
If you can write Scripts in C , C++ , .Net , Java , Delphi , Python or whatever i would say its a real languange...

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 07:21:03 AM »
I was trying to have a convo with someone the other day and was trying to define the difference between a scripting language and a programming language.. is there a clear cut line?

I've always thought
Programming:
  Basic, Pascal, C, C++, C#, brainfuck
Scripting
  visual basic, python, java, html etc...

I don't know the exact definition though.  Would you consider lua to be programming or scripting?
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 08:44:27 AM »
I was trying to have a convo with someone the other day and was trying to define the difference between a scripting language and a programming language.. is there a clear cut line?

I've always thought
Programming:
Scripting

I don't know the exact definition though.  Would you consider lua to be programming or scripting?

Interesting question, tbh i dont know the  answer of where the line is drawn......

Take for example Java, it started as a scripting language and is still used as such .. but i would also say its a programming language now as well.. ie android apps, routers etc.  Visual basic now I would never have considered as a scripting language.. but i guess it also started as such... scripting inside excell, access etc.

I would also say it depends on how full of an implementation of the language is used and the feature set, in a given circumstance.  Also if the implementation is compiler-able  then in my mind its a programming language... its its not then maybe its a script.  If its used to control another program then its defiantly a script.

So java is both a programming language and a scripting language...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 12:38:41 PM »

I've always thought
Programming:
Scripting

I don't know the exact definition though.  Would you consider lua to be programming or scripting?
I personal differed as folowed :

Interpreted Languanges : Languanges who doesnt exist global but for specific handling of processes. Like Easyuo. I would say its a lightweight script Languanges.
The Difference between normal languanges is that all functionality already exist in a robust languange and Content will be executed on runtime. Like Easyuo Parsing code line by line on execution.

Esoteric Languanges : Languanges like brainfuck, Whitespaces => Stack execution orientated

Scripting Languanges : Leightweighted Programming Languanges for specific branch to handle

Programming Languanges :
C , C++ , Delphi , .Net and Java as sample based on a huge framework to manage all kind of programcode with possibility to interact as raw as possible (but still far away ) with maschine.
Handling Threads, Execute on Events , Handling different Tasks on multiprocural tasks.

@ Thread Author : I remember to read that euo is based on Delphi, using Memory Read\Write and Packet handling of Clients.

Easyuo is not hard to handle but due the process to interpret code back to delphi and vis versa it slows down the handling between input and execution.

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 07:24:13 PM »
I was wondering if easyuo scripts are based off of a specific programming language?

Best thing is to read the documentation and some of the tutorials on the easyuo site; I'll pimp my quickstart guide as one place to learn about the language itself.  So far as what it's based on, the basic syntax is very similar to assembly; statements are separated by newline characters (also like early basic) and first symbol is keyword while the remainder of symbols on a line are parameters, while comments are begun with semicolon and last until the end of the logical line:

mov ax, bx ; copy contents of register bx to register ax in x86

set %ax %bx ; copy value of variable %bx to variable %ax in easyuo

and you can think of %0 ... %n as an endless supply of virtual cpu registers.  Flow control very similar to basic / fortran:

gosub
sub
return
goto
pause
stop
continue
let -> set
if then else
while
repeat until

The dot concatenation operator looks sort of like the one in php, though of wildly higher precedence. The use of prefix sigils to denote different classes of variables is similar to perl.  For better or worse, easyuo silently ignores lines it doesn't understand~ this is a source of both inspiration for novices (typically intimidated by warning and error messages) and condemnation by veterans.

I was trying to have a convo with someone the other day and was trying to define the difference between a scripting language and a programming language.. is there a clear cut line? ... Would you consider lua to be programming or scripting?

The definition of a scripting language isn't fixed, though it generally means that such a language had its genesis in automating some specific task or system and wasn't otherwise intentionally designed to be a general purpose language.  Typically interpreted, some are compilable into bytecode.  Examples of widely adopted early scripting languages would be jcl, forth, mashey and later shell scripts, awk, emacs lisp, matlab, s, and rexx.  Second wave were perl, tcl, python, lua, r, applescript, php, javascript, ruby, vbscript and the like.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 07:28:42 PM by ximan »

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 04:08:00 AM »
Ximan is our man !! :) 8)

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 08:55:19 AM »
Lol just showing my age, though can honestly say never worked with jcl, awk, or applescript.  There are tons of specialized scripting languages not mentioned above that are tied to specific frameworks/tools and don't have any separate implementations.  Things like maya embedded script, coffee, zscript, for 3d modeling and artwork and unrealscript, heroscript, unityscript for game engines, etc.  Knowing these is more about knowing the associated libraries and not so much about syntax.

And these days just about every popular language has an implementation that is designed to be dropped into another program as a scripting engine or automation interface.  c/c++ (ch, cint, angelscript, tcc), c# (paxscript), javascript (v8,ionmonkey), basic(ubasic), python (self, cython), pascal (pascalscript, jvinterpreter), lua (self, luajit), scheme (tinyscheme).  Some are easier to interface with existing api's than others, unfortunately there isn't any system (maybe CLI?) that will allow an easy scripting language swap-out/choice without duplicating a lot of foreign function importation overhead.

Tags: