Author Topic: Borrowing menu design  (Read 1680 times)

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Borrowing menu design
« on: February 26, 2013, 11:46:39 AM »
What is the thought on borrowing someone's menu design and giving them credit for your own script? I contacted the author by pm on here in which the author has not logged in months and easyuo in which they were logged in at the beginning of the month. I am not sure if the author will see the pm's or respond. I do not want to do anything that would put me on the wrong path with the community, I just do not understand the menus very well. I know it is different then when people post subs for others to use. Thoughts and suggestions?

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Borrowing menu design
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:56:35 AM »
If it's actually a large piece of code being copied, then it might be somewhat frowned upon.

If you see a menu design you like, I suppose it's not a big deal to use the same, giving credits to the author. I know I wouldn't mind.

Best not to just copy and paste the code though, try and write your own code for the menu, making it look like the one you liked, just to avoid any possible misunderstandings...

That's what I would do I guess...
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 01:15:07 PM »
Check this thread out and see if it's something that you can use:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=23.msg23#msg23

I deliberately published this set of subs for people to rip up and re-use.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 06:17:22 PM »
Been playing with EUO Menu Designer and getting the hang of it. I think I can make what I want.....hopefully.  ???

Tags: