Author Topic: UOMachine and SharpDevelop 3.x  (Read 10126 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
UOMachine and SharpDevelop 3.x
« on: September 25, 2009, 01:23:18 PM »
If you want to compile UOMachine using SharpDevelop from scratch, you will notice the assembly doesn't fully compile because of some missing items.  You can remedy this by taking the contents of Xenoglyphs binary distribution and copy it into the "output" directory.

You should now be able to compile UOMachine and tweak to your own needs.

FYI
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: UOMachine and SharpDevelop 3.x
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 02:26:59 PM »
Because i have been out of the programming community for several years.  What is SharpDevelop and how do i use it ie. A compiler or editer or programing utility?

For some of us old timers could you help me TM and give me a few more details i am very curious to try some of these programs but do not have the software or any idea where to start?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 03:04:53 PM »
http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/

SharpDevelop is an open-source free IDE to develop .NET applications.  So if you are looking for a free alternative to Microsoft's developers studio, this is a great alternative.  I use it to develop ScriptUO.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 03:09:03 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Boydon

• ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Boydon has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 12:13:26 AM »
http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/

SharpDevelop is an open-source free IDE to develop .NET applications.  So if you are looking for a free alternative to Microsoft's developers studio, this is a great alternative.  I use it to develop ScriptUO.

Right now I'm using Visual C# Express edition that is free as well. :)
Member of the Stealth development team.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 12:27:27 AM »

Right now I'm using Visual C# Express edition that is free as well. :)

True, true.  If you look under the hood of SharpDevelop, you'll find some additional interesting items like integrated SVN with TortoiseSVN, profiling, Mono support, Code Coverage analysis plus quite a few other things that really make for a great development experience.  I have the paid version of visual studio, but I still tend to do most of my development with SharpDevelop.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline xenoglyph

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xenoglyph is looked down upon.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 01:15:58 AM »
Yes, thanks for sharing that TM.  Sorry for requiring the older binary, I think I still have the sources somewhere if anyone wants to build it themselves.

As soon as .Net Framework 4 hits beta 2 I will be re-examining the current builds of AvalonEdit (which require 4).  I stopped work on code completion because of some limitations (perceived/real yet to be determined).

Another option would be Actipro SyntaxEditor, but it doesn't come cheap and is still in beta.
UO Machine, advanced scripting for UO.

Are you prepared to die for your beliefs or just to dye your hair?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 08:05:29 AM »
So me being behind the times somewhat.  I am going to repeat what i have understood and we will see what i do or do not know.  I need to get some kind of editor and compiler to compile what Xeno has posted then I should be able to do what? Script or just view the code or what awaits me?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 04:16:19 PM »
So me being behind the times somewhat.  I am going to repeat what i have understood and we will see what i do or do not know.  I need to get some kind of editor and compiler to compile what Xeno has posted then I should be able to do what? Script or just view the code or what awaits me?

You can download his binaries package. Install it into a directory. Run the EXE and you can then input scripts in C# and run them directly inside his program.  So basically you dont need anything but his binaries and your soon to be excellent C# knowledge
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 05:40:29 PM »
Ok let me see if i understand this know.  After EN explination i think the light bulb turned on!  So i should be able to get a C# compiler and editor and Xeno's binarys will be like an external callable command inside my C# script.  I tell my script to access xeno's library ie print command inside of my script and it calls the binarys and they know where to look in memory to do the actual work?!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 11:27:57 PM »
It's even simpler than that really.  The binary distribution that Xenoglyph has made for you includes an editor that you can drop in a "script" written in C#.  You execute this script much like you do in EasyUO now.  You just press "play".  You don't really need a C# development environment. 

However, since autocomplete doesn't work in his editor yet, you'll find it nearly impossible to do any serious scripting in the included editor.  But I know he mentioned he's gonna be working on that.

So that's why I have SharpDevelop going because I've been developing the C# script in SharpDevelop to take advantage of the autocomplete feature.

To play with it, download his binaries and the cut/paste one of his sample C# scripts into his UI.  You'll see then.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: