Author Topic: Mystical Grubbers  (Read 4184 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Mystical Grubbers
« on: September 26, 2015, 10:51:19 AM »
Hello,

Since re-subbing a couple of days ago I've been to three IDOCs (OSI official shards, 2 in Tram, 1 in Fel) and I've yet to see a "Grubber". The UO website says that these will appear when a house falls and run off with some of the loot. I've checked my journal closely and haven't been in range of one... do these mystical beings exist still? If so do they grab good loot exclusively? Hard to kill for a stealth/thief?

Also, I can't use EasyUO since coming back because new subs get client 7.0.45.8x from EA but EasyUO is still at 7.0.45.7x. I've been wondering, with the new IDOC timers of 5-10-15 hours from "in danger", if it is possible to set up a script to read the sign for a change from "Greater" to "Collapse" and to perform an action that will tell me when that happened(screenshot to get timestamp if collapse change is detected?)? I can't test it yet since I can't script but it would seem that if it's possible that it might explain why so many show up a few minutes before a house falls?

**EDIT: Woops, meant for this to be in the general forum, move it pls?**

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 10:54:22 AM by Gemviper »

Offline Wiper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wiper has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mystical Grubbers
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 07:34:47 PM »
The grubbers are very random. I see them more on treasure chests.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 08:41:58 PM »
Grubbers are probably the worst thing to happen to IDOCs. I hope they're fixing them and disabled them for idocs, because they actually don't always drop the things that they pickup, and often the things they are spawned in to "pickup" are actually deleted instead.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 02:45:45 PM »
Woot, I encountered my first Grubber. Unfortunately I was in Fel on my thief which is built for being dastardly and not for fighting so it took a bit to kill it but it wasn't that bad. Here's what I noticed...

- Loads of health and good regeneration rate, keep him poisoned
- Minimal attack damage, I think he hit me for 1 damage a few times
- He runs! Seriously, he runs away from you as you fight him so make sure you "guide" him in a direction you want to go
- Can hold chests of things, he had a chest with more items than I could carry(660 stone), but it was all junk
- His running isn't random, it's directly away from you so position yourself accordingly

Definitely worth killing but focus on the stuff that drops first, this guy was still in the woods a screen west about 5 minutes later... they don't run like mad until attacked. I kinda like the little buggers, it wasn't too hard to guide him away from the idoc fighting since he kept running from me even when I stealthed a bit.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 04:17:45 PM »
These things seem to be the dumbest addition to UO.  They are the Broadsword version of Jar Jar!

"Meesa tink Grubbers are stupid, betcha betcha!"
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 10:18:25 PM »
These things seem to be the dumbest addition to UO.  They are the Broadsword version of Jar Jar!

"Meesa tink Grubbers are stupid, betcha betcha!"
Time to add them to rebirth? :P

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 11:07:53 PM »
I like them, they keep players busy a little while longer which lets me snoop them good.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 05:41:43 AM »
I like them, they keep players busy a little while longer which lets me snoop them good.

"Meesa tink you're crazy!"
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile