Author Topic: Can never script in EUO again Without this....  (Read 4844 times)

Offline coyan2Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coyan2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Can never script in EUO again Without this....
« on: October 24, 2008, 04:17:47 AM »
I was just recently introduced to this wonderful tool, And just had to say, Thanks once again TM, You have once again shown yourself to be a wonder in the way you code.

Thanks for your time, your dedication, and your ability..

You do this community a great service.
Thanks for all your hard work...
Coy

All American Drink, For an All American kind of Guy

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Can never script in EUO again Without this....
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 10:51:35 AM »
I'm just jazzed to hear that other people than myself actually use it.  Thanks for the thanks!

I've got another bug fixing version coming pretty soon.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 06:00:58 PM »
Sweet, When will you be enabling the ability to run the script within ScriptUO itself?

It has saved me many mistakes in my hunter script, Now if I knew more tricks I could make it look good also.. :)
Also thanks to Guadah, As he is the one that pointed me here in the first place...

:)
coy

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »
You should tell Guadah to stop in from time to time.  Never see him around anymore. 

I'm still working on the front-end of this thing before I get into the client interface too much.  I already have a few tools written for the client, so some work is already done for that.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Beertje

• Activity:
    0%
  • Beertje has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 06:37:00 AM »
I've come across this site looking for a heartwood script actually, but I've only recently started scripting in EUO (although I'm a fairly experienced VB-programmer) and the more I read about it, the more anxious I get to really start using this!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 04:33:49 AM »
admit it, you are waiting on cheffe to get that damn game.dll going. :) I too love your IDE MUCHMUCHMUCH better than euo. You should add me to your alpha testers :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 08:26:01 AM »
admit it, you are waiting on cheffe to get that damn game.dll going. :) I too love your IDE MUCHMUCHMUCH better than euo. You should add me to your alpha testers :)

Frankly, I'll probably get my game.dll done before he does his.  heh

Glad you like it CS, it's been fun to put together.  I remember when I floated the first version past the guys at UOCoders.   Cerveza was excited even back when it totally sucked.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 09:40:56 AM »
game.dll???

I'm confused?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »
The "game.dll" is a reference to the OpenEUO initiative they have at EasyUO where Cheffe was going to publish a dynamic linked library that has all the EasyUO client interface hooks available to 2nd party users so they can write their own interfaces, etc.  Problem is that they are trying to dictate how people should be connecting to it instead of just publishing the game.dll and letting the users decide how to interface.  So it's not "Open" and not "EasyUO" anymore since they are changing the language interpreter to LUA.

What Cheffe needs to do is just publish the game.dll and let the community run with how to use it. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline timevans79

• Activity:
    0%
  • timevans79 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »
Props to you Trailmyx, awesome program  :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »

CS, I created a Beta Test section and added you to the list of beta testers for the Alpha version.  Ummm, what?

Nothing there yet, however. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 08:04:57 PM »
Thanks, I will test out anything and everthing you want. It seems i am getting more and more help request for scripts that i am running out of time for my own stuff :)

The interface you have so far has so much that euo should have had that i am still amazed. When i am helping others I send them here to get a copy so that i can easyly debug scripts with them.

As far as the Game.dll is concern, I am betting you are correct.

Thanks for the access. Just let me know if you need something :) I will do me best

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 04:58:21 AM »
Just play with it and try to break it.  If you think of any suggestions, let me know too.  It's been polished up somewhat over this time, but there are a few errors that crop up.  I haven't crashed it for a while.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 05:16:59 AM »
Soo TM, Can you add my name in on the Beta testing for this? I have been using it allot, And have so far not been able to crash it, But haven't tried to either.. But I can work on getting it to if ya really want me too.. :)

I think one of the best parts of it is the syntax checking, As I am not a programmer, And I miss allot when working on things... :)

Also the ability to go into the wiki at any time to see what I need to change, or fix, or things to add in that I had no idea existed...

Coy.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 05:35:31 AM »
I love loading my old scripts into this and checking their syntax.  There have been many times now where I've been "living" with a typo, and not knowing it was actually affecting the execution of my script.

I'll put you on the willing to betatest list.  Not really needing anymore peeps right now, but when I get around to the larger release I'll want some more warm bodies.  The current version isn't much different than the released version, and the UI editor is just a bare beginning; nothing really to test with it yet.  So you aren't missing too much...
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: