Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 247449 times)

Offline Mad Tamer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0
« Reply #390 on: February 27, 2014, 06:24:12 AM »
Hello! First I got to say I love your script! And your awesome for letting everyone use it! Thank you! I saw at the top of the script a spot to put the item type for prospectors tools... I have a bunch of those things and would love to get rid of them... But I didn't see any spot in the script that actually uses the tools? Thanks a ton for your time!

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 27, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »
Yeah, that's a work in progress for version 4.0 sadly, sorry. I'm in the same boat and have a ton of those to burn but my kids have pretty much keep me swamped nowadays so I'm lucky to login and play for a few minutes never mind get to work on my scripts *sigh* - there is always hope...
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 16, 2014, 03:26:55 PM »
Okay ecverything worked perfect till I had to build a new computer. Now it works up to the point of actually mining and just stands there. I used Neo's Mul converter and got that done what is next registry fix?

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 16, 2014, 05:09:13 PM »
Okay after reading mulitple post had to download the Mul file pack from where ever it was.

Offline sp1d3yman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sp1d3yman has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 23, 2014, 05:58:05 PM »
where do i see this script?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 23, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »
You have to wait until they read your introduction and remove your restricted status. I would read examples of good introductions and then edit yours.

Offline thessaya

• Activity:
    0%
  • thessaya has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 29, 2014, 05:52:06 AM »
I'm starting to feel like an idiot, because this script is not working for me either and I have absolutely no idea why. Latest EUO/UO Client version. Added the missing .mul files by using neos converter. At first I tried the setup with tinkering but the script will just open the tinkering menu, but never craft anything (ingots are provided and the script is getting them from the bank).
So I redid the setup without that; now it tries to recall but I'm getting the message 'I can't recall from that object' as if the script is trying to target a rune in the bagpack (it does open the runebook though).

I've read the last couple of pages but couldn't find a similar problem, does anybody have an idea why it's acting up for me?

Edit: Your instructions mention a runebook with 14 runes, but you can fit in 16 runes, is that just a typo? I haven't played in ages, has this been changed and is that why I might have some trouble with recalling in scripts?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:05:52 AM by thessaya »

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 29, 2014, 03:35:40 PM »
Ah, good catch on the typo. "2-14" should read "2-16"

On your issue, I haven't seen that before. If it's opening the runebook I would expect it to work. Also I've never had issues with the tinkering.

Are you on a prod shard or free shard?

Offline thessaya

• Activity:
    0%
  • thessaya has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 30, 2014, 08:14:10 AM »
I'm playing on an OSI shard. I had a very similar problem with almost every script involving crafting/recall gumps. Haven't tried yours today, but another mining script and this one is working after I grabbed EUO + the script again and put the .mul files into the UO folder one more time. I assume your script would work for me aswell now.

The weirdest thing is how neos lumberjacker for some reason was the only script that would bruteforce it's way through the recalling, it always took a few dozen tries to recall but would work eventually. I don't even know how that's possible, but oh well.

Offline sp1d3yman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 02, 2014, 01:49:53 PM »
ive done everthing i can   im on abcuo server   it literally will not even start
...any help?

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 06, 2014, 02:44:22 AM »
Unfortunately it could be a lot of things spid3y, free shards can be vastly different from OSI and it could take a lot of work to get an OSI script working there. It really depends on the free shard.

When you start this script the first thing that happens is the setup menu runs. Then you run through the setup process. Are you saying this doesn't even start? That would be strange.

Offline sp1d3yman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 06, 2014, 05:21:10 PM »
Unfortunately it could be a lot of things spid3y, free shards can be vastly different from OSI and it could take a lot of work to get an OSI script working there. It really depends on the free shard.

When you start this script the first thing that happens is the setup menu runs. Then you run through the setup process. Are you saying this doesn't even start? That would be strange.

someone has had to convert this to work on abcuo ..if they could help that would be great..im off tomoorow so ill run it again and report back to whats happening

Post Merge: July 07, 2014, 03:56:07 PM

someone has had to convert this to work on abcuo ..if they could help that would be great..im off tomoorow so ill run it again and report back to whats happening

ok  i finally have it recalling to my marked spots and   it never closes the runebook so  its open in middle of the screen  it will now just say  over and over  saying target cannot be seen   where do u wish to dig.....if i click the ground it digs once   if i walk along side a mountain it says same thing...all my runes are marked for cave digging..but i can easier remark to outside areas if  we can find out why it cant see anything to mine on its own...abcuo
can u help?     if it would just check 2 tiles north south and east and west of the tile i'm on  it would do what i think is intended
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:00:55 PM by sp1d3yman »

Offline Mad Tamer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 02, 2014, 10:19:44 PM »
Hello! Neo just upgraded his Tur Mer Lumberjacking script!! http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=8255.msg70873#msg70873 It now use's gate travel perfectly. Is there anyway you could use a similar gate travel on your script? I am not saying yours is bad it just spams gate over and over until the current gate falls and that makes you look like your scripting. And when it drops at bank/secure it never goes back threw the same gate even if its still up. Thanks soo much for your time! Your script is great!

Offline bendel

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • bendel has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 02, 2015, 08:52:38 AM »
ok, I have updated the .mul files and I am still not mining. The script runs fine until he recalls to the mining location and then he does nothing. Just stands there looking pretty. I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions?

Hello,

i have exactly same issue, i converted the uop to Mul no luck :(

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 02, 2015, 09:17:21 AM »
All I can say is that different people have had different results with various scripts when converting their mul files. I never actually converted anything on my side, I just got a copy from someone else and I have no issues. With that said, I'd have to say this is unrelated to the script and more related to issues with the conversion.

Also, I know this reply has been a long time coming - @Mad Tamer, totally agree that this needs an overhaul. I've even started making that specific change as well as some others. Just haven't played much at all so it's hard to prioritize the time to work on scripts. I might be tempted to work on it in the near future though, although I have said this before *sigh*

X

Tags: