Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 247391 times)

Offline Toe76

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Toe76 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0
« Reply #420 on: July 12, 2015, 03:35:17 PM »
Correct.. I'm on RebirthUO - and yes, I think it VERY strange that it appears to be ok for everyone else.

It just keeps recalling to the same rune over and over again (it goes home successfully, the first rune in the book) and then recalls to the 2nd rune in the book only. It does not cycle to the third, fourth, fifth, etc.

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 13, 2015, 02:11:38 AM »
That's definitely bizarre. I've never run this on Rebirth, only on prod shards, and I typically don't support free shards but I will try to find time to test it tonight after work if I can.

So it basically never increments the dig rune, it just bounces back and forth between spot one and home over and over again?
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Toe76

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 13, 2015, 04:24:31 AM »
Correct. If it helps at all - before you start, I can do a video of it occuring. It's just the oddest thing - if I weren't 100% brand new to scripting, I'd just try to wiggle through it myself, I just have no idea where to start.

Oh, I did get all the .mul files (direction from TM when we spoke in game) and the other scripts I have ran so far seem to be ok (outside of those that require the craft gump, those don't work well at all LOL But I assume that's because I'm on a freeserver. I'll have to try to fix those myself after I get more familiar with EUO)

Post Merge: July 13, 2015, 04:26:22 AM
Oh, I do have another script that works off of books and it does increment - so I may make copies of the two and try to figure out where the difference is around the book/recalling/incrementing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:26:22 AM by Toe76 »

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 13, 2015, 05:38:41 AM »
Interesting and good to know! I might be able to take a peek. What is the other script you've had issues with? Did you get it here and does it use TM's Runebook subs?

X

Offline Toe76

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 13, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »
I tried a quick smelter .. it would hang up on the crafting gump and just not craft anything. I also tried another blacksmith script (that one from EUO and it just got all janked up bad).

It really isn't the end of the world - I'm still going way faster than I normally would (considering I always did stuff by hand before) :)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 13, 2015, 06:20:23 PM »
Don't forget that most scripts are set up for official servers and may have to be modified to work on freeshards. The most common thing is that items have different item numbers and different size gumps.

Make a new thread, maybe in debug scripts and list which ones you are using and I can try and help. I don't want to hijack XII's thread lol
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:22:47 PM by Crisis »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #426 on: July 13, 2015, 07:17:37 PM »
Interesting and good to know! I might be able to take a peek. What is the other script you've had issues with? Did you get it here and does it use TM's Runebook subs?

X

I'm actually using quite a few of my scripts on Rebirth at the moment without much issue other than the obvious things like gump sizes, etc.....  I know the runebook stuff works OK since I've tested the crap out of it there..  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 14, 2015, 02:25:55 AM »

X

I'm actually using quite a few of my scripts on Rebirth at the moment without much issue other than the obvious things like gump sizes, etc.....  I know the runebook stuff works OK since I've tested the crap out of it there..  ;)
Good to know, thanks. Didn't have a chance to test last night. Usually I wouldn't support a free shard but since it's so close to home...

Offline Toe76

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 16, 2015, 10:19:55 AM »
I'll have to catch TM in game and ask about the gump sizes.. that's probably what's wrong with the others - I just don't know how to do the modifications (which that will change).

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 16, 2015, 10:37:43 AM »
I'll have to catch TM in game and ask about the gump sizes.. that's probably what's wrong with the others - I just don't know how to do the modifications (which that will change).

Search the script for this 530_497 and replace it with 530_437 for the gumps. You may have to adjust the mouse clicks on crafting scripts.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #430 on: July 16, 2015, 10:39:36 AM »

Search the script for this 530_497 and replace it with 530_437 for the gumps. You may have to adjust the mouse clicks on crafting scripts.

Yeh, unfortunately the crafting click locations will probably be different as well.  Most of my scirpts I've had to adjust to adapt for Rebirths wonky craft window size.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 16, 2015, 12:17:34 PM »
Funny, the crafting gump size was the first thing I was going to check although I still can't think of anything that would cause recalling back to the same spot over and over related to the crafting gump.

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 25, 2015, 05:50:57 AM »
I like this mining script is there a way to set up more than one rune book or is that a private one

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 25, 2015, 06:46:44 AM »
I like this mining script is there a way to set up more than one rune book or is that a private one
That's a very popular question!! Unfortunately, no, I tend to mark my runes at spots where I can reach 4 different resource squares so I end up with 60 different mining spots from one single book. Marking good spots gives a lot of time to get through the whole book anyhow.

I did start a version 4.0 of the script with multiple runebook support, prospectors tools, and a few other goodies but I never seem to find enough time to work on it.

X

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 25, 2015, 07:06:10 AM »
ahh I see yeah I have used spewy's runebook miner for years but I like ur aspect for the blackrock and crystal blackrock. plus I like how I can at least read and understand ur script compaired to spweys

Tags: