Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 247388 times)

Offline BeaverBob

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • BeaverBob has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »
hey XIIxOveR this script ROCKS Ty man i have been using it for about 5 days now i have mined so much ore its nuts i did notice one thing that every now and then my miner will try to recall to a location and it says it is blocked and he will just try over and over again i noticed that if you move him to the next tile over it fixes the problem seems he is just trying to recall to were he already is but anyway thanks again if you are ever on GL and would like some of the ore you helped me get just let me know  :)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2011, 12:54:30 PM »
Thanks BeaverBob. I know the exact issue you're talking about, I think sometimes it gets stuck when it tries to recall to the bank and fails but then doesn't realize it failed then tries to recall back to the dig spot but is already there, I've run into this myself a number of times.

In all honesty it's time to overhaul a bunch of things with the script, I got burned out for a while but I'm starting to get back into the game, been creating a new resource gatherer on a new shard actually, so maybe I'll get some of these quirks fixed up!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2011, 04:14:26 AM »
TM's recall subs will recognize a blocked position and use the next one in the book...
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2011, 04:53:27 AM »
TM's recall subs will recognize a blocked position and use the next one in the book...
I am using TM's subs so that isn't the case all the time but I haven't figured out why yet. I should have my new resource gatherer starting to mine tonight so this script will inevitably get an overhaul when I start having these issues.

X

Offline Niro

• Activity:
    0%
  • Niro has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2011, 08:09:16 AM »
love the script trained my mining to gm and got loads of ore :D
but if u could add a defence like to detect enemies and using the combo explosion and energy bolt to kill em when mining in fel spots

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2011, 08:13:43 AM »
if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all get what we want for christmas untill then we got wait or either do it ourselves.

I agree with the protection but not sure needs to be magery 

Offline Niro

• Activity:
    0%
  • Niro has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2011, 08:32:52 AM »
if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all get what we want for christmas untill then we got wait or either do it ourselves.

I agree with the protection but not sure needs to be magery  

i like Margery all you need is an lrc armor and its more cost efficiant
btw i forgot to add would there be any way to detect what kind of ore is coming out and enhance it with the prospecters tool

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:34:42 AM by Niro »

Offline krs187

• Activity:
    0%
  • krs187 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2011, 02:13:14 PM »
Hey XXII Your script is actually impressive depending on connection issues it's almost flawless... -recall to same location while blocked and lag possibly causing overloading... I have noticed the new 3.0 seems to have a lot less flaws than 2.6 but I read here that you were working on a new version of resource gatherer... Was wondering when that would be up and running ? I would love to test the beta for you etc...
Lemme know when it's ready..
Cheers! KRS187

Oh... and PS for those of us who do not require any more blackrock, perhaps an addition to the script opening window allowing us to drop it on the ground?  Just a thought would not cause item overloading while scripting for long periods of time ?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:47:13 PM by krs187 »

Offline TonyUWF

• Activity:
    0%
  • TonyUWF has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2011, 06:02:55 AM »
XIIxOver this script is awesome.

I did have a couple of issues but hit them with a mallet and fixed them. hope you dont mind me posting the fixes here, and yes i know next to most of your skill mine's like a monkey beating at a typewriter.lol.

first one was the recalling over and over issue, where it doesnt realise the recall/SJ was successful and tries again but of course the spot is blocked by the char so it constantly failed and keeps trying. i roughly fixed this by adding a one tile movement after trying to recall, so it lands and moves one tile so if it tries again the spot is free. this is how it did it (line numbers on left and stuff in red is new)

1139   gosub TM_NewCastSpell 210 !rbook -1 10 30 ; sacred journey until successful
1140        wait 30
1141    set %newX #charPosX + 1
1142    set %newY #charPosY + 0
1143    move %newX %newY 0 10s
1144    wait 30

Remember this will also move you one til when you recall to secure or bank so mark carefully.

The other issue was my house wouldn't cache, which im guessing many people had, i put a sub in that walks two steps east then 4 north into my house and to my secure and added the goto into thee dropNstock sub. this way my char went into tthe house so could see the secure and it was ahell of alot more private, no million stone porch pouch for me plus i can set my trash can up as the blackrock container!

Like i said some extremely rough stuff but hope it helps somebody if they have the same issue as me!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2011, 07:02:46 AM »
Hey Tony - Thanks for posting the details for what you did as a workaround! Hopefully that will help some folks until I find the time to work on this thing again, it's definitely starting to get outdated!

X

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2011, 10:16:01 AM »
Just be careful with the "move" command.  Since it's based on your keyboard bindings, so people have that mapping messed up.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TonyUWF

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2011, 12:58:13 PM »
hmm  i didnt think of that TM, thanks, im building a script atm and its got some move in it... what an i best using? pathfinding event?

Offline Cenion

• Activity:
    0%
  • Cenion has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
Been using this for a few days now, some 300000 ingots mined. Have to say this must be the best script I have used. After fixing a problem with "target cannot be seen" I have had absolutely no problems. It runs smoothly until I run out of shovels/picks. Zero crashes so far. Thanks :)

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2011, 05:41:44 PM »
Been using this for a few days now, some 300000 ingots mined. Have to say this must be the best script I have used. After fixing a problem with "target cannot be seen" I have had absolutely no problems. It runs smoothly until I run out of shovels/picks. Zero crashes so far. Thanks :)
Glad to hear it m8! Thanks for the feedback!

X

Offline TonyUWF

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2011, 01:18:44 PM »

may i ask how you did that? :)

Tags: