Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 247366 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2011, 12:01:55 PM »
Thanks for the feedback mun.

First, script hangs if blackrock bag gets full. It seems blackrock spawn has been increased. I am getting 125 a day on two miners. I worked around it by setting my trash barrel as my blackrock secure.
Yeah this is about the only solution with this script. I actually run this from a bank quite a bit and I always chose recall spots next to trash cans.

Second. If you lose connection at home, the script hangs. I am using C2's auto logger. When the client is logging in, the script is trying to open the secure, which results in a message that it cant find ingots.
I know what you're talking about. I never spent the time to think through how to handle the auto-logger routines, etc but the script has to be looking all the time to know that it shold go into a "pause" type of function while it waits but at the same time it needs to know where it left off. Just haven't thought much about it but will eventually.

Third. Script will sometimes hang recalling to a spot you are already in. I think this is lag related. It does not seem to be catching that the spot is blocked.
This I've actually addressed in my own personal copy and is in the way I'm handling the error checking (actually, the way I'M NOT handling error checking) with TM's travel subs. Definitely will be an easy one to get updated I think.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »
Wow, thanks for the quick reply 12x. One other addition, I changed the auto miner range to 3. Lets you reach more spots, and matches the range with mining radar.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2011, 09:25:10 PM »
Wow, thanks for the quick reply 12x. One other addition, I changed the auto miner range to 3. Lets you reach more spots, and matches the range with mining radar.

Where did you make that change?

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2011, 10:01:40 PM »
Code: [Select]
;####################
;SUB AreaMine
;####################
sub AreaMine
   set %dx #charposx - 3
   set %dy #charposy - 3

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2011, 06:58:07 AM »
Code: [Select]
;####################
;SUB AreaMine
;####################
sub AreaMine
   set %dx #charposx - 3
   set %dy #charposy - 3

Thanks! - I'll give it a try.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2011, 08:44:31 AM »
That's actually another change I made to my personal version that will probably be making the next update. I don't find it to helpful except ib cave's but nevertheless...

X

Offline cvillanFL

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • cvillanFL has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2011, 01:13:03 PM »
Been using this for a few days now, some 300000 ingots mined. Have to say this must be the best script I have used. After fixing a problem with "target cannot be seen" I have had absolutely no problems. It runs smoothly until I run out of shovels/picks. Zero crashes so far. Thanks :)

Ah, I'm having the same issue with target cannot be seen, how did ya fix it?

Offline slackermandan

• Activity:
    0%
  • slackermandan has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2011, 10:34:59 AM »
I'm back to attempting to script mine now after a week or so of LJing instead.

This script seems to only encounter problems within the recall / runebook subs.

At least once every hour or so I have to manually restart the script because the runebook / recall subs start having me recall to where I already am, thus giving me the "something is at that location" message which is an endless loop as there is no sub that fixes this.

If I had scripting skills, I'd try to borrow the recall / runebook subs from the MWinc. Lumberjacking script over at easyuo - http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=305073#305073

The subs seem way faster when I'm LJing. They don't set the default location for each recall, which I think is part of where this script glitches out. It seems to set the default location to where I already am, which is when it breaks & I have to restart the script.

I'm still loving the script, as I study for finals I can watch my guy mine & restart the script when it glitches. I just wish I was script writing capable & could try to swap in MWs recall subs.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2011, 11:34:32 AM »
The travel subs are Trailmyx's standard subs and the last location method is by his design, and actually is much faster when your magery or chiv isn't high enough to avoid fizzles. On the other hand, if you are high enough it certainly takes a little bit longer. An argument can be made in either case as to one method being better than the other.

As for the other issue though, yes that's a known issue that I need to fix. Funny thing is that I can sometimes run for 20+ hours without the problem, sometimes it feels like it's every time I look at the screen. Stay tuned.

X

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2011, 08:56:21 AM »
Minor glitch. When you hit reset on the menu, the pause button becomes a start button, then loses functionality.

The menu results don't match mined quantities, or smelt result. Im trying to observe why, but lack time. BOOOOO on work!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:01:53 AM by baldielocks »

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2011, 09:20:15 AM »
Minor glitch. When you hit reset on the menu, the pause button becomes a start button, then loses functionality.

The menu results don't match mined quantities, or smelt result. Im trying to observe why, but lack time. BOOOOO on work!

Now THERE's one I should be able to fix pretty quickly! I'll look at it later.

On the menu results - the counters are configured to track what you drag from your backpack and drop to your secure and the ore counts are based on potential ingot count after smelting. Not sure if the discrepency you're noticing fits into any of these categories or not but let me know.

X

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2011, 10:03:58 AM »
Hey.. This is still an awesome script.  I have been using it alot lately.  Sure.. The menu said that I had gotten 5780 pieces of blackrock, but that is one serious minor flaw if you ask me.  I remember seeing on here in the comments how to make it dump into a trash can and need to dig that up.  Currently that is the only thing that has stopped me in my tracks was the bank filling up with blackrock.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2011, 10:14:39 AM »
Hey.. This is still an awesome script.  I have been using it alot lately.  Sure.. The menu said that I had gotten 5780 pieces of blackrock, but that is one serious minor flaw if you ask me.  I remember seeing on here in the comments how to make it dump into a trash can and need to dig that up.  Currently that is the only thing that has stopped me in my tracks was the bank filling up with blackrock.
ROFL!! 5780 pieces of blackrock?!?! I'm guessing that your secure or bankbox got full and the script hung in a loop trying to dump a piece of blackrock off unsuccessfully over and over - that's happened to me on a number of occasions when I'd walked away for a while.

I should probably add a check for a comparison of the #findcnt before the drop then the #findcnt after the dorp to make sure it has decremented successfully before adding to the count variable, wouldn't really be that hard to add if I can find the damn time. Summer is almost over though, might be able to breath soon!!

X

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2011, 11:39:42 AM »
ROFL!! 5780 pieces of blackrock?!?! I'm guessing that your secure or bankbox got full and the script hung in a loop trying to dump a piece of blackrock off unsuccessfully over and over - that's happened to me on a number of occasions when I'd walked away for a while.

I should probably add a check for a comparison of the #findcnt before the drop then the #findcnt after the dorp to make sure it has decremented successfully before adding to the count variable, wouldn't really be that hard to add if I can find the damn time. Summer is almost over though, might be able to breath soon!!
Don't kill yourself over it bud:) It is really minor to me and kinda comical to be honest.  I know what you mean on not having time.  I have been dying to do research on doing my own script and wanting to learn, but any spare time I have to devote to research has needed to be spent researching things for my job.  Of course that is what puts the food on the table for my little buddy so it has to take priority.  Someday I will get the time to put in the research and build my first script.

Offline zoot55

• Activity:
    0%
  • zoot55 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2011, 12:09:48 PM »
jw if there is anyway to get around it just useing 125 picks in the secure bag becuz if there is id be ablue to use it longer if not it cool is it a amazing script.

Tags: