Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 247336 times)

Offline ttjoshtt

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ttjoshtt has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0
« Reply #255 on: April 08, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »
Yes working well again!

Is there some way to hook this to an auto re logger in order to keep it running 24/7?

The only other issue I have had is the stupid little black rock pieces filling up a bag and stalling me out. Any suggestions on how to get around that?

I still cant get it to work do i need to do something different?

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2012, 06:21:23 AM »
3.1 currently functions with no mods to client files.  Thank you 12x.

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 09, 2012, 08:11:33 AM »
Hey all!

So just a heads-up, I hadn't actually changed anything with the script to address any issues being reported since the "tile problem" - I am real happy to hear that things are working now though I can't explain what may have changed for you if you never swapped in the old .mul files.

On the Blackrock - that's exactly why I added the option to pick a seperate baag for it, so that you could pick a garbage can. Banks with trash barrel's next to them are golden ;)

As far as the auto-logger questions - there are a couple different auto-loggers on this site, each with it's own setup processes, etc. They key is to figure out the best times in the script to sub out to the routine that tests to see if you are logged out or not. The other issue, as pointed out previously, is that the results when the script recovers after logging back in can be a little unpredictable because there are numerous reasons you could get logged out and the state of your character may be different at login than it was at logout and the script has no way of understanding that.

There is one sub here that will allow you to log out and back in at pre-determined times in order to accomodate the regular shard restarts - that one would be quite a bit more forgiving because you could set the script to log out several minutes before the restart warning and log back in a bit later.

If it's random disconnects you're worried about, give one of the subs a try and see how it goes.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Faqop

• Activity:
    0%
  • Faqop has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2012, 04:25:29 PM »
So I've tried this out, and there were a few minor differences in gumps for crafting.  But that was easy to track down and change.  But now it just keeps resetting the default location to my first mining spot and constantly recalling there... Like it keeps trying to go to the rune it's already at...

Any ideas on what I should look at ?  I tried to track it down by stepping through but couldn't find out where it's going wrong.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »
So I've tried this out, and there were a few minor differences in gumps for crafting.  But that was easy to track down and change.  But now it just keeps resetting the default location to my first mining spot and constantly recalling there... Like it keeps trying to go to the rune it's already at...

Any ideas on what I should look at ?  I tried to track it down by stepping through but couldn't find out where it's going wrong.
I'm assuming you're playing on a free shard, is that the case?

X

Offline madatu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »
guys i have a question, i been readibng back i might have missed where someone else asked this. but i start the script everything works great through set up. it grabbs shovels and recalls to the first location but then it just sits there. Can you shed a little light on this for me please.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 27, 2012, 01:54:07 PM »
you need to update your MUL files.. you'll have to do some research on that though....

Offline madatu

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 27, 2012, 03:17:08 PM »
i was reading back that just wasnt sure that was what was wrong. thanks now that i know what to do i know what way to go with this thanks alot.

Offline madatu

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 27, 2012, 08:44:16 PM »
tks for the advise i got it working again.

Offline blub

• Activity:
    0%
  • blub has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2012, 01:08:38 PM »
Great script, thanks!
After downloading the old mul files it works like a charm. Really like that it learns where it can and can't mine.

The first runebook I tried didn't work for some reason, every time the script tried to recall UO gave the message that the spot was blocked. But I could manually recall to every one. After I changed runebook it worked again, no idea what was wrong with the first one.

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2012, 03:42:11 AM »
Need a few pointers.

I had this script up and running well till last update. I have run the deconevolver, if that's the right name, and convert the MUL Files.

When I start the script the miner recalls to the first area and stands there. Last time I had this problem the converted MUL Files solved the problem.

What am I missing?

Thanks!!!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2012, 09:16:50 AM »
Hmm, if he's just standing there then he assumes that there is nothing to mine either because all spots are marked bad or the tile issue is not correctly addressed. You can try resetting your dig spots and going through the learn process again but otherwise I would suggest it has something to do with the MUL conversion.

X

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Cush has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »
OK I am still trying to get this to work. Here is what I have done so far

1. Used the Mul Deevolver thing and extracted the Mul Files. Tried with and without using Razor
2. Downloaded the MUL Zip file posted on the site in one of the tile threads. Tried with and without using Razor
3. Reset the learning as recommended. Tried with and without using Razor
4. Remarked a fresh set of runes and locations. Tried with and without using Razor

Hmm still standing around. I checked to see if my character had joined a Miners Union but he is still unguilded.

I am sure I am missing something simple stupid here!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2012, 02:31:58 PM »
OK I am still trying to get this to work. Here is what I have done so far

1. Used the Mul Deevolver thing and extracted the Mul Files. Tried with and without using Razor
2. Downloaded the MUL Zip file posted on the site in one of the tile threads. Tried with and without using Razor
3. Reset the learning as recommended. Tried with and without using Razor
4. Remarked a fresh set of runes and locations. Tried with and without using Razor

Hmm still standing around. I checked to see if my character had joined a Miners Union but he is still unguilded.

I am sure I am missing something simple stupid here!

Are you using windows 7?

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Cush has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2012, 03:40:10 PM »
Yes I am.

I previously was using Windows 7 as well when I had the scripts working before. :-)

Like I said I am sure its just something dumb I am missing lol

Tags: