Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 247390 times)

Offline Catryonna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Catryonna has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0
« Reply #360 on: June 10, 2013, 07:32:45 AM »
Typically it wouldn't be a problem - My main miner is on the same account as my fisher though....Now THAT is a problem...so I made up a new guy, but I was in such a hurry to start work that I failed to do my due diligence and get some standard skills trained up like tinkering and magery.  Now it seems to be running smoothly with the exception of the occasional overweight issue.  I know I saw something about that in the posts, I'll have to go back and re-read them while it is running.

EDIT*  So while I was typing this apparently my little guy got hung up on making shovels, it just got stuck on the you don't have enough resources to make that while standing in one of his mines.

Just FYI I really do love this script - Just have to work out all the kinks (operator Error that is)   now I just need to get someone to go tame me a fire beetle  :-)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:36:48 AM by Catryonna »

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 10, 2013, 07:50:31 AM »
Buy a Fire Beetle in Magincia instead if you can, typically get them for 5k depending on the shard and if anyone has a pet vendor up and maintained.

Let me know if you need help tweeking anything to see if we can eliminate the overweight issue.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 26, 2013, 04:11:46 PM »
Ahh that would make sense.

Try this, in the dropnstock sub you're going to see the following section:

Code: [Select]
  ;Deal with ghost items in pack by re-opening
   wait %lWait
   event macro 8 7
   gosub XIIxGumpWait container_gump container_gump 230_204

The %lwait is set to 20 (1 second) at the top of the script however it is also used in a few other places. What you could do is simply replace the %lwait with a larger value and test it out again. Start with 60 and if that works simply lower the number until you get to a value just slow enough so that you don't have the issue anymore:

Code: [Select]
  ;Deal with ghost items in pack by re-opening
   wait 60
   event macro 8 7
   gosub XIIxGumpWait container_gump container_gump 230_204

If you change it to 60 and it still has the issue then you know it's not the problem because 3 seconds (60) should be plenty of time for it to try opening the pack after opening the secure.

Let me know how that goes.

X

OK. After looking back over the last few dozen posts I have not found my "exact" problem. What I have happening is after using up all of a tool(shovel) I am getting a ghost of the tool with 1 use left in my backpack.
The script refuses to move on to the next tool until that one is "destroyed/used up". I can fix the problem by simply moving the "ghosted" shovel. This does not, however, stop it from happening again later.

I will try changing some of the timers as the post above states and see if that helps. I am not worried about saving any time on the script since I let it run at night when I am asleep or away from the computer for any length of time greater than 30 min.

Other than the ghosting issue I have not seen any issues. Although I think that I am going to need to turn off blackrock collecting since there is very little need and I picked up nearly 100 in one night. ???

Update: For whatever reason it is not pulling iron ingots from secure. It pulls a stack of 20 gold ingots instead and it is still trying to tinker with the iron and not the gold. Never noticed before because I never ran out of pre-made shovels in secure and the 300 ingot pile I left on him.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 05:10:14 PM by Bookwyrm »
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 26, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »
Ah, good find I'll take a look. I'm probably not checking the ingot color when I pull from the secure. In the meantime, just make sure you only have Iron ingots in the secure, not colored.

X

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 26, 2013, 06:20:48 PM »
Actually I just changed my tinker ore type to gold. I don't use gold ingots for anything and its not like tinkering shovels takes that much.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline bendel

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • bendel has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 01, 2013, 09:27:26 AM »
If you are getting any actual attempt to mine at all then it's not the MUL file issue.

The way this script works is that it mines all spots within a 25-tile radius at each location tracking good spots and bad spots the first time through the book. On subsequent times through the book it only attempts to mine good spots. This means that the first time through can take a while and it will spam a bunch of messages, it's learning where to mine in your spots.

X

Hi 12x

Actually i have same issue, after reccal to the mine spot the script just do nothing... don't use shovel or pickaxe. I tried convert the new UOP to MUL and problem still there.

btw what's mean exactly 25-tile radius ?

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 01, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »
Look and see if tou have a "ghost" tool. If you mouse-over it it will show 1 use remaining, but if you try to move that tool it will disappear. Quick solution to that is to increase the time between attempts to mine. Default is 3, try 3.5 or 4.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 01, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »
what's mean exactly 25-tile radius ?

The world of UO is broken up into resource squares. Each square is made up of 64 tiles (8 tiles by 8 tiles). This makes up a grid. Each tile in a resource square (of similar types) will produce the resources available from that resource square. For example, if you mine one tile dry in a resource square, the other 63 tiles will also be dry.

When you run this script the first time it attempts to mine all tiles within a 5-tile radius. Any tiles that produce ore get tracked as good, the rest get tracked as bad. Only one tile per resource square can be marked as good. The next time you mine in that same location you will only mine the tiles marked as good.

Because of the way the resource grid is designed, you should mark your runes at places where resource squares connect. The idea is to be able to reach up to four resource squares from each mining location.

Hope this helps

X

Offline Anti-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Anti- has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 14, 2013, 09:04:57 PM »
Hello there! i am trying to run this script and when i do its just recalling to the first place and standing still. i'v tried other place and new runes but i get nothing. i have followed the set up to a T. is there any way i can just get the old script i had a few years back before i quit playing?

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 14, 2013, 11:54:53 PM »
Hello there! i am trying to run this script and when i do its just recalling to the first place and standing still. i'v tried other place and new runes but i get nothing. i have followed the set up to a T. is there any way i can just get the old script i had a few years back before i quit playing?

The problem is that most scripts over a certain age use what are known as .mul files. What you will likely need to do is find these files, download them, and copy them into the same folder that your UO client is in. I wish it was as simple as finding an old version of a script, but that simply does not work.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=238.msg90858;highlight=mul+files#msg90858

A link to the files can be found in that thread.

Good luck

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #370 on: July 15, 2013, 04:37:13 AM »
BW is a meanie and gives links to Elite threads.  heh

Here's the link to the EasyUO site link:
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48152&p=399489&hilit=mul+download#p399489

Also, you can re-produce the mul files using modern UOP files with Neo's converter:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=11071.msg93865#msg93865

There's another link in the Elite thread, but I don't think that's meant for public consumption.....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 15, 2013, 05:57:48 AM »
BW is a meanie and gives links to Elite threads.  heh

Umm... oops? :P

Sorry about that.

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 17, 2013, 12:20:19 PM »
Any chances of a Multi rune book version? Love the script but  I seem to be cycling through a bit fast.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 17, 2013, 03:17:31 PM »
Any chances of a Multi rune book version? Love the script but  I seem to be cycling through a bit fast.

One runebook is all you need. You just need to redo your runes to allow more dig spots per rune. All of my runes allow 2-4 dig spots allowing plenty of time for respawn. It's a lot easier than asking someone to redo their script.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 18, 2013, 05:30:25 AM »
THIS -

One runebook is all you need. You just need to redo your runes to allow more dig spots per rune. All of my runes allow 2-4 dig spots allowing plenty of time for respawn. It's a lot easier than asking someone to redo their script.

I started a version 4.0 a while back but then life got complicated. The plan was to include multiple runebooks. Maybe I'll get back to that someday but in the meantime carefully planning your run locations goes a long, long way. Even with multiple runebooks I still recommend people use Cyberpopes Mining Radar or some other method of marking runes at the intersections of the 8x8 grid.

Also, mark in Fel instead of Tram, means twice the ore per cycle thus twice as long to make it through the book.

Thanks for the kudos though, glad it's still working out for people!!

X

Tags: