Author Topic: learning some history with a laugh  (Read 3466 times)

Offline luv2luvlongTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
learning some history with a laugh
« on: November 21, 2008, 10:36:30 AM »
Here is something else to watch while scripting. History with a laugh.
Assume the position with Robert Wuhl
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6731102750245618218

enjoy
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: learning some history with a laugh
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 11:08:07 AM »
Ok, that was hilarious!

But don't dis Freddy Mercury.... :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 12:22:40 PM »
that was hilarious...  as they say history is the story of the winner.

Something ive always know... being from Ireland .. growing up in England now living in the US their are definatly contradicting stories all around.

But that *bleep* with the Yankie Doodle  was hilarious...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 12:44:27 PM »
I actually saw this a while back when it was on HBO and I was totally enthralled. It is completely fascinating and the delivery was superb. My only wish is for a full length DVD or a weekly course offering that I can audit at one of the many colleges around here.

It blows my mind that kids are still taught some of this stuff in school. My daughter talked to me about the earth being flat, Christopher Columbus, yada yada thing just last year or the year before. WTF is wrong with our public school systems?!?!?! *sigh*

And I would never say anything derogatory about the late, great Mr. Mercury but there is certainly no doubt that "We Will Rock You" was written as a gay pride anthem. At least it's better than the one they were shouting at the last Gay Pride parade roaming through this town "We're here, we're queer, and we shop!" *longer sigh*

I need a drink...

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline luv2luvlongTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 01:15:55 PM »

[My only wish is for a full length DVD or a weekly course offering that I can audit at one of the many colleges around here.
Please Assume the Position 201
now on HBO
not quite a DVD but hey better then nothing
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:15:12 PM by TrailMyx »
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 07:23:22 PM »
And I would never say anything derogatory about the late, great Mr. Mercury but there is certainly no doubt that "We Will Rock You" was written as a gay pride anthem. At least it's better than the one they were shouting at the last Gay Pride parade roaming through this town "We're here, we're queer, and we shop!" *longer sigh*

No doubt!  Rock on Mr. Mercury! 

Completely OT:

I recently bought the Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid HD-DVD with thoughts that it would be a second rate up-convert attempt, but what I got was a completely HD version of a concert that happened in 1981, but looks like it happened yesterday.  After watching it, I was totally shocked at the stunning clarity.  If you haven't seen it yet in the HD-DVD or BluRay formats, I HIGHLY recommend it.  If you don't like Queen, then you are a communist and should be overthrown by your capitalist neighbors.  :)  Freddie Mercury was simply one of the best showman every to "grace" the stage.  I recently saw Elton John in concert and I can certainly tell they were buddies. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 07:37:04 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 01:39:16 PM »
that was entertaining.. thank you for the post.
though I'm kinda disappointed to learn that the world isn't flat anymore...

Tags: