Author Topic: Introduction For Daemon  (Read 4423 times)

Offline daemonsdiabloTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • daemonsdiablo has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Introduction For Daemon
« on: June 20, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »
 I play Uo, I want free stuff.... Oh, disregard that. I go by about 17 different names on UO and only one of them even vaguely resembles my username, so Ill make this easy. My name is Justin. I still remember the anticipation of waiting for UO to finally be released, and the massive irritation that ensued for me when every time I walked 10 steps out of town some group of jerks ganked me, took my stuff, and I got to lose any skill gains Id made right before that. I rage quit UO at that point, and didnt begin playing again until t2A. I really didn't see much change, and had too much going on, so I once again left the game, this time because I just didnt have the time to spend rather than so I didnt throw my monitor at something when I got ganked. I got back into the game during samurai empire, played for two years as a complete trammie, and then went to the dark side and played WOW for 3 years. I stopped playing wow because they broke my class and I really hated the game mechanics, I just enjoyed the graphics on my 42 inch tv. I played nothing for a couple of years, and then a few months ago, remembered how much fun I had with UO. So here I am. Since then, I have completely filled one account on pacific, and Im currently working on my secondary account which is full of support characters. I want to be like everyone I know and be able to "Solo" everything. Of course, this assumes that having a second account that disco's and heals is soloing, but Im ok with that.

I work on an oil rig in North Dakota. I work 12-16 hour shifts for 14 days straight, and then I am off for the next 14. When I'm home, I want to get the most out of my gaming, and still maximize my time with my family. For that reason, spending 3-4 days manually building skills doesnt work for me. So I use scripts for skill building. I have been using the stuff over at easyuo, but while working on blacksmithing, I discovered something. Either the scripters have given up, or I just cannot find the newer scripts. Very few scripts have been updated since Mondains Legacy. Granted, most of them now use the correct button positions on gumps, but they completely discount the newer items for skill gains. For example, I went through the 9 different setups available for blacksmithy on the trainer I was using. Every single one past 100 skill was using items with an 80%(roughly) chance. Then I looked at the other items in the gump and found multiple ones that were optimal for skill and actually required less resources. I screamed "There has to be a better way!!!" which caused one of my dogs to hide under the bed and the other to leave a present on my floor. After picking up the puppy surprise, I began looking for other scripting sites. So, here I am. I am pretty sure I can state without doubt that I will not contribute much to scripting myself, I do not have the time or the correct skills (I havent programmed anything since basicA and dont remember half of that). However I do greatly appreciate all the time that folks have put into this site, and the scripts that it contains. If there ever is something I can do for the community, let me know.

Last, character types. For the most part, I love my thrower. When I came back to UO a few months ago, I discovered the sampire build, and proceeded to make a thrower with 150 str, 150 dex, and 55 int. He also has enough necromancy to keep his life up and slayer weapons for every champ spawn (cyclone with area for trash, glaive with hi di, hci, and man/stam leech for bosses). I tried doing bushido instead of necro, and disliked the way it played (not to mention died a bunch). The only time it was useful was on things that have no slayer, since I mainly use him for soloing (without discord) the Rikktor and Semidar spawns, I saw the bushido as more a hindrance than a help. Then I listened to everyone that said "oh mystic throwers are better" and dropped necro and anatomy for mystic and focus. While there are some great things about the build, it made my main uses for the guy more difficult. (I say guy, which is inaccurate, he had the operation because of the semidar fight. still scares me everytime I look at the paperdoll and see sternum pillows)
Other than than, I have a regular swordswoman sampire, whom I love for doing trash at spawns, but so far Im no good with evasion or confidence or anything else, so except for semidar, she does poorly on bosses.
I have a legendary tamer I built the hard way, no scripts, not even bulls past 90, solo taming WWs before greaters were introduced, not the most fun activity, took me more than a year. Although at this point, I think the Devs hate tamers, since every new creature that gets released(almost every at least) does area spells with nasty range and retargets on the poor little guy standin at the back healing the dragon. I have a pvp mystic/mage that I built and equipped in 3 days (yeah, the week I discovered easyuo) buuuuutttt I really dont care much for pvp (I have a ps3 with crysis 2 for taking my aggression out on snotty teens) so my nice pretty pvp mage has pretty much been tucked up in the garage since he got finished. Anything else, just ask. I can easily post my ICQ, or if youre on pac, ask anyone in ZKV for Greystone. On a related note, I was a member of ZKV when I played originally, and was pretty happy to find that quite a few of my friends still played.Nice to see everyone. Smile, if things are going wrong, theres always something or someone to laugh at.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:10:57 AM by daemonsdiablo »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction For Daemon
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 09:14:38 AM »
Great intro, restricted status lifted.

Welcome to ScriptUO!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 09:36:36 AM »
wow, that is quite a schedule.  Welcome to SUO

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 09:43:39 AM »
Thank you for the welcome. The schedule sounds worse than it is, although I do generally just want to sleep when I get off work. I put in the same amount of hours as most people, its just compressed a bit. Its nice though, I never really need a vacation, I always have 2 weeks to pick up and go somewhere if I want to.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:24:53 AM »
Nice introduction!

Welcome to ScriptUO! :)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 11:20:23 AM »
A           
VERY
Warm
WELCOME!                 

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 11:44:59 AM »
Great intro! I work something similar but less extreme. It's usually 10-16 hour days 3-4 times a week, then I have the rest off. I'd almost prefer your schedule! Must be nice having two weeks to do what you want every month.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »
Its actually one of the main things I like about the job, that and with the schedule Im on I get 40 hours straight pay and 44 hours overtime every week

Offline BeaverBob

• Activity:
    0%
  • BeaverBob has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 06:04:51 PM »
wow fantastic intro welcome

Tags: new user  Intro