Author Topic: Some info on Script Movement in the Savage Camp for Taming Ridgebacks  (Read 8232 times)

Offline dreamzcasterTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dreamzcaster has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Ok here is my idea.  I have most of the script done (ie auto-taming and mage killing and paragon killing) now I want to fix some problems that i have when the ridgebacks walk away.  For those who are unsure of what I am talking about refer to the pict below which shows where the script takes place.  It is the savage camp in ilsh. 

Often the ridgeback run away and as such my guy follow tames them.  Well occasionally they wander off or occasionally he can not find them because he has been following one too far away and then he just stands there looking stupid.  I wanted to have him return to the start if after 15 or 20 seconds he did not find any ridgebacks to tame.  Then have him walk around either one of the two paths in the second picture looking for a ridgeback at which point he would tame kill and then return to the start.  While path 2 in yellow seems more likely to find stray ridgebacks I find that path 1 in red seems to work fairly well at picking them up.

My questions are: 1. How the heck do I get him to do that?
                         2. Which one of the paths would be the easiest to script for?

Here are the path ideas I was thinking of which do you think would be easier?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scrripty

Re: Some info on Script Movement in the Savage Camp for Taming Ridgebacks
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 11:43:01 AM »
How about a figure 8?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 11:45:23 AM »
I like that idea too. But I dunno how hard that would be.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 05:03:32 PM »
Here is the first step - having him return to the start position if he does not find a ridgeback
but so far it is not moving him around
I am simply trying to get him to move to the position without any of the taming part yet but he moves not.
any ideas of what I am doing wrong here

Code: [Select]
set %movex 1277 ; x co-ordinate of start position
set %movey 770 ; y co-ordinate of start position
initevents

finditem %tametype G_15
if #findkind = -1 2
gosub home

sub home
  set %x %movex . %mark
  set %y %movey . %mark
  move %x %y 0
  return

P.S. I have taken a lot of this from other sources and am merely trying to adapt it to my needs so a lot of it I do not understand.  I thought that I had it right when I set up the co-ordinates and then gave the instruction to move to x and y but he does not budge.  Any help would get me started.  Thanks

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 06:32:11 PM »
Yes.  You're taming ridgebacks in the wrong place. :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »
Yes.  You're taming ridgebacks in the wrong place. :)

What are my x and y co-ordinated incorrect

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 03:19:54 AM »
If i am not mistaken you z coridinate is 0 at this point but where you want him to walk to is it z there?  I have found issue in the past where if the z cord. was to far off it would just stand there.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 06:06:11 AM »
No, there's a better place to tame ridgebacks is what I'm saying.  There's another savage camp in Illshenar.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 07:53:37 AM »
This one has two ridgebacks and as soon as you kill one the next one spawns so I find this to be the perfect spot :)

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 08:23:03 AM »
This one has two ridgebacks and as soon as you kill one the next one spawns so I find this to be the perfect spot :)

I've tamed at both.  The other is better by far.  There's WAY more ridgebacks, and they spawn really fast there also. :)  Edit:  And you don't have to worry about buildings getting in the way, or a ridgeback walking into one and getting you stuck.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 08:30:37 AM »
I appreciate the advice but as I am attempting to write a script based around taming ridgebacks these two seem to spawn in almost the exact place every single time.  As such it is the place where I have based the script.  While I understand that the other one has better spawn and lacks the building issue; I can really only tame one ridgeback at a time so 2 or 20 makes no difference.  As far as the building issue my new script attempts to deal with that but I have yet to give it a extended test run but so far so good (we shall see:)).  As I have solved the issue of movement I was having by working on this script all morning I am most certainly not changing it to the other spawn spot but I really do appreciate the advice.  We should probably just agree to disagree as I don't really feel like getting off topic any further.

P.S. if you really want to help you might test out what I have written and read through it and see what you think.  I am a total newb at writing and this is the first script I have ever written so you will probably think is sucks but any feedback or support would really help.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:33:41 AM by dreamzcaster »

Scrripty

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 10:58:18 AM »
Maybe you should just trust me then and move your script to the easier place to tame ridgebacks. :)  There's WAY less spawn to get in your way too.  I know what I'm talking about because I've written scripts in both places to do EXACTLY what you are doing.  The other spot is way better, *I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU*.  Do what you will tho.  Enjoy.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 11:01:21 AM »
Are you talking about the location pretty much north of that main camp, Twinkle McNugget?  It's up by the shrine thing (really just a garden spot)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 11:05:55 AM »
Left from Compassion gate TM, through the mountain hole, then up along the wall.  Like 5 to 8 ridgebacks spawn there and you just make a loop to tame them and search in a 10 tile range or something.  No getting stuck or worrying about too much spawn at all.  The moutain hole is by the gypsy camp to the left of the Compassion gate.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:07:31 AM by Scripty »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 11:41:18 AM »
Getting back on topic.  What issues are you having with the script now and what did you do to fix the other problem DC?

Tags: