Author Topic: How to keep using EUOX when there is a patch  (Read 8424 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
How to keep using EUOX when there is a patch
« on: February 02, 2012, 06:29:07 AM »
This works *sometimes* not always. It all depends on the patch.

The current client is 7.0.23.1 after this latest super fast patch.

Go to the directory that has your UO files. Normally it's something like C:\program files\ea games\ultima online

When you get into that directory find a file named Client.exe

Now copy that file, you can paste it right into the same directory. I make a folder called "Backup" and put the copies in there.

Rename the copied Client.exe to 7.0.23.1

Do this EVERYTIME there's a patch. You can tell what the current version is by loading UO and looking at the bottom of the login screen. Every time there is a patch do this. This way you'll start having a bunch of older clients saved.

Now, lets say that we're on client 7.0.23.1 and EUOX has already been patch. Everyone is super happy joy joy scripting away. Evil OSI patches to a new version 7.0.23.2... hisssssss... and lazy azz Cheffe is too busy gardening to bother with updating EUOx. What do we do??

Well, *if* we didn't stop the patch in time, or it's a mandatory patch, we normally have to wait it out. Now is the time to be thankful you backed up previous clients.

Just rename the current Client.exe (which is now version 7.0.23.2) to something like Client70232. Find that older version of the client that you backed up before and renamed to 7.0.23.1 and copy it back into the main UO directory and rename it to Client.exe

*Sometimes* that is all it takes and you can happily use the older version of EUOx. When Cheffe finally gets around to updating EUOx you can just remove that version of the Client.exe and rename the already patched one back to Client.exe and your good to go.

If I had posted this a few days ago you all would happily be scripting away right now like I am :P

*BTW: don't even ask if we will host these files. They are the exclusive property of Mythic and it's against the law to alter or maintain them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you maintaining older version, but we can not host them.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: How to keep using EUOX when there is a patch
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 08:00:10 AM »
I'd second that everyone should be doing this, I normally did back up but a bout of lazyness screwed me over.  Thankfully a buddy sent me a copy of the old client but how annoying all the same.  I must note that this last patch was the first time that I have have seen a "non manditory" comment from the dev team, I might have missed that before but I found it odd wording.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 09:05:16 AM »
Im even lazzyier so i use a simpler technique.

(1) Rename the Defaulty installed UO Shortcut icon to  PATCH UO
(2) open UO directory find client copy
(3) On desktop paste shortcut

From then on only click on the new icon to start UO.... when you need to patch use the PATCH UO Shortcut.

The only failing to this method is if you use uo assist to launch then you better use the method in the first post.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »
Or dont update client, use stealth and emulate the newest client and let easyuo recognize the old client with supported Version.
Example: u have 7.0.23.1 and u need 7.0.23.2. Change inside of Stealth profile to 7.0.23.2 and just connect, start client. it will show up 7.0.23.1 and easyuo will recognize:)
Most Time Updates only change the Pointers. Since easyuo need to be adjusted every time, stealth just work with the network layer. So it could save the Pointing like old client and say the shard we are new Client.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 12:25:14 PM »
I backup just as Cerv posted in the first post, except in UOA settings I change the Client I want to run to my backup client..

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Patched.jpg

Offline Tommy Boy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tommy Boy has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 03:54:01 PM »
I backup just as Cerv posted in the first post, except in UOA settings I change the Client I want to run to my backup client..

This is what I always did in order to continue to use the UOA loader.  Just click on Settings and check User Defined and enter the path and filename of your backup copy. 

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »
When I read the topic title I was like :o for a moment there!

hehe ;D
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 05:14:20 PM »
Or use Razor and never worry about patches unless they are forced.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 07:06:54 PM »
+1 to JaF, best method there is!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 08:42:46 PM »
Or use Razor and never worry about patches unless they are forced.

JaF

this works except for forced patches. If Cerveza's method works for some forced patches, it's revolutionary for razor users.

Tags: