Author Topic: Kings Landing (Game of Thrones) recreated in Minecraft....  (Read 3678 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Kings Landing (Game of Thrones) recreated in Minecraft....
« on: January 31, 2013, 05:05:36 AM »
Minecraft players are insane. Not Lannister insane, but still.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/30/game-of-thrones-kings-landing-recreated-in-minecraft/

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Kings Landing (Game of Thrones) recreated in Minecraft....
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 08:08:32 AM »
haha sweet....   im reading book 3 right now... their good... but i often skim whole paragraphs of what i call filler,overly descriptive text, that is a bit boring sometimes.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:00:11 AM »
It's a good Series for sure... one of my favorites but then again I read a lot & have lots of favorites

-Wheel of time (1/3 of the way through last book atm)
-Game of Thrones
-Malazan Book of the Fallen
-Peter F Hamilton Books (Void Trilogy & Nights Dawn Trilogy)
-Brent Weeks "Night Angel Trilogy"

The list goes on but those my favorites atm.  I'm probably reading 25 different series though.  If I get to the end before a new book is out I start another..

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 10:57:02 AM »
Been thinking about reading it, been thinking about watching it, been doing neither.

That is one hell of a piece of work man, unbelievable! I can't imagine the obsession that went along with creating that.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 11:21:02 AM »
That is one hell of a piece of work man, unbelievable! I can't imagine the obsession that went along with creating that.

LoL...   This is pretty much what I've been thinking since the first time I took a look inside the CLAw.....

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 12:35:15 PM »
I built a pyramid in minecraft once. Almost 8 blocks tall.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
never played minecraft... my kids asked after it once and i prompty forgot/ignored it... whats the objective of the game... build stuff ??
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »
I have an extremely hard time seeing why so many people are addicted to that game.  My little brother is so darn hooked on it though, that it's a little frightening.  

Guess it's all relative considering my UO addiction.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 04:44:48 AM »
It's like playing with legos but with no cleanup, all kinds of cool add-ons, and infinite blocks at no additional cost.

My kids love it, I think it's one of the coolest games created in a long time. Extremely creative and amazing design opportunity. Their last series of projects were to create their own Wipe-Out (the show) zones then challenge each other to run through them. Then it was creating amusement park rides. Now they're on to building mansions.

I'd much rather see my kids playing Minecraft over WoW or UO TBH; although I prefer even more that they unplug instead.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: