Author Topic: For the chemically inclined  (Read 5186 times)

Offline KaliOfLSTopic starter

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
For the chemically inclined
« on: January 16, 2013, 02:15:45 PM »
http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/things_i_wont_work_with/

Probably one of the funniest blogs I've read, especially in the chemistry field.  The author is down right hilarious, but this article in particular is one that I enjoy.

It is, of course, extremely toxic, but that's the least of the problem. It is hypergolic with every known fuel, and so rapidly hypergolic that no ignition delay has ever been measured. It is also hypergolic with such things as cloth, wood, and test engineers, not to mention asbestos, sand, and water-with which it reacts explosively. It can be kept in some of the ordinary structural metals-steel, copper, aluminium, etc.-because of the formation of a thin film of insoluble metal fluoride which protects the bulk of the metal, just as the invisible coat of oxide on aluminium keeps it from burning up in the atmosphere. If, however, this coat is melted or scrubbed off, and has no chance to reform, the operator is confronted with the problem of coping with a metal-fluorine fire. For dealing with this situation, I have always recommended a good pair of running shoes.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: For the chemically inclined
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 02:55:03 PM »
Ran across his blog in the past; can vouch that he's a very entertaining/informative writer.  I'm no chemist but I do try to stay somewhat read in the field, if only for cocktail party banter (sister-in-law is ex-Pfizer and her husband is an organic chemist).  He also was blogging about the impact of 'big data' on his field way before it became the buzzword du jour.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:15:12 AM »
I am hypergolic with nubile women.  I stay indoors, in front of a computer, to protect them.

Offline Casanova

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Casanova has no influence.
  • Marine. MMA Champion. Nerd.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 10:35:58 PM »
I am hypergolic with nubile women.  I stay indoors, in front of a computer, to protect them.

So noble of you. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Casa

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 08:29:31 AM »
lol NObama.  I feel ya, but I stay inside for the nubile girl I'm dating.  I don't know if I'm going to take that leap before she gets tired of waiting :x
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »
lol NObama.  I feel ya, but I stay inside for the nubile girl I'm dating.  I don't know if I'm going to take that leap before she gets tired of waiting :x

Post some pictures and we will tell you weather you should leap or not !!!  ;D :P  :P
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 02:18:04 PM »
Just for you EN.

I'm the chubby drunk guy in the middle, she's on the left of the picture (my right).

R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 04:48:58 PM »
Yep. Can she cook too? Most importantly does she like UO :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 04:58:13 PM »
She can cook.  I'm better of course. 
She's not stingy on bedroom time. 
She doesn't mind UO, doesn't play, but doesn't care (actually laughed her ass off) that I told her to go away because I was dead, my dragon was shot to *bleep*, and I had to get my loot back and save my drag before he died. 

She is nerdy in the fact she loves lord of the rings, but not nerdy in the sense she doesn't play video games :(  Except she pays Zoomba for my ps move...
Hahaha

She is grand master at nagging, and overly aggressive arguing though.   :scared:
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 07:14:35 AM »
She doesn't mind UO, doesn't play, but doesn't care (actually laughed her ass off) that I told her to go away because I was dead, my dragon was shot to *bleep*, and I had to get my loot back and save my drag before he died. 

She is nerdy in the fact she loves lord of the rings, but not nerdy in the sense she doesn't play video games :(  Except she pays Zoomba for my ps move...
Hahaha

She is grand master at nagging, and overly aggressive arguing though.   :scared:

They nag because they love us and I believe all women are aggresive when it comes to arguing.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 08:03:08 AM »

Hahaha

They nag because they love us and I believe all women are aggresive when it comes to arguing.

Well that .. and they want to mold and shape us...  in hind sight not always a bad thing... once/if you have kids the naggin moves onto them.. and you can breath freely again.... ;) 

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 08:53:18 AM »

Hahaha

Well that .. and they want to mold and shape us...  in hind sight not always a bad thing... once/if you have kids the naggin moves onto them.. and you can breath freely again.... ;) 

I had not put this into perspective, but it is true. My kids get all the nagging that I used too. I just hear about it now. So and so is not doing what i told them to !! Ok honey I will talk to them :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 09:21:11 AM »
She can cook.  I'm better of course.  

She is nerdy in the fact she loves lord of the rings, but not nerdy in the sense she doesn't play video games :(  Except she pays Zoomba for my ps move...
Hahaha

She is grand master at nagging, and overly aggressive arguing though.   :scared:

Well that .. and they want to mold and shape us...  in hind sight not always a bad thing... once/if you have kids the naggin moves onto them.. and you can breath freely again.... ;)  

I had not put this into perspective, but it is true. My kids get all the nagging that I used too. I just hear about it now. So and so is not doing what i told them to !! Ok honey I will talk to them :)

Yup we managed to creep threw a pass, or got thrown out as a lost cause, in the shaping and molding when new obviously better candidates came along... and have been moved up/ sideways??  into the subservient role of  ENFORCEMENT.   lol  .. cynical me.

Going to put KaliOfLS  right off the whole idea if where not carefulll... the above was said with fondness and a sense of irony.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:23:54 AM by Endless Night »

Tags: