Author Topic: Rant  (Read 3090 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Rant
« on: April 23, 2009, 10:50:44 AM »
Just a short one, I promise...

[rant]So my wife and I park at Sam's Club to pick up some 55 gal drums of BBQ Sauce (not really, but you laughed) and I see a car parking in one of those new "sideways" handicapped spots. These kind you don't have to back out of.

I notice the handicap sticker in the window, then see a man (maybe 30 yrs old TOPS) his wife and son get out. These guys looked like 3/4 of a relay team. There was no obvious visible handicaps at all. I wanted to ask "So, what is it, a mental thing?" but held my tongue. During our shopping for 90 pack socks, I ran into these guys about 3 times. No blindness, no hearing problems, nothing I could figure to warrant the sticker in the car.

It occurred to me that it might be someone else's sticker... That maybe his mother or grandmother, who is in need of a handicap sticker, normally drives, and that these guys were using the car/sticker for this trip. So what could I do?

Call the cops and say in a whiny voice "this guy is parking in a haaaaandiiiiiicap spot"? Sure, like I have all afternoon to deal with that. Tell someone at Sam's? They could care less.

Bottom line, I can't do anything except come here to rant. I hope Karma is real.[/rant]
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Daeus

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Daeus has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rant
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 10:56:54 AM »
I've seen it happen a few times.  It really bothers me, especially with the fact my grandpa was a quadriplegic from 22-75 before he passed away.  My grandparents could never find an open handi-stall because of pricks like that.

I'm with you on the Karma part.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »
Hopefully my 1 point bump in karma will help.

Obviously the people had a near-terminal condition known as "Parkium Anywhereus".  I know of several of these cases and the symptoms generally consist of penis envy, irritability, explosive bowel syndrome, and headache.  Extreme cases can be terminal and definitely gross.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline xeres

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xeres has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 03:02:53 PM »
I actually worked with a guy, that had a hadicapped parking tag.  but he never used it at work.  he had cronic lung problems (smoked for 40 years :'( ) but he had no problems walking the extra 40 yards for a regular parking spot. 

people that park in those spots that dont have a slip need to have a leg broken....that way they know why those spots are near the doors....

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 06:47:30 PM »
My Aunt had one of this Fraudulent Hangers on her Mirror.  (no one really likes her)  someone ended up stealing her Well Expired Tag.  we all Laughed at her while she through the biggest fit.

Next time you see that.. Check the Expiration date on the tag.. most of them are Expired.  What cop is actually going to get out of their car and check the date on the tag, when the Illusion of a tag is good enough for them.

-1 Karma for the bad guys.

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 06:32:57 AM »
Ohh boy am I gonna make some enemies here....

I agree with the screwed up way people abuse this, but one thing you said strikes me as a possibility. 30's top for the age? Combat veterans wounded in battle can apply for the handicap tags and if this is the case I say more power to them as we do not do enough for those guys. Just a possibility no one thought of.

If not then may karma be swift and unmerciful.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 09:46:54 AM »
It's not an age thing really.  It's for those who obviously have a legitimate reason requiring it.  For those who have a herniated toenail, I think not.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 09:56:38 AM »
It's just a good thing I didn't see some old lady with a walker parking way in the back because all the handicap spots were full.

I could have gotten into some serious doodoo with that guy.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »
I got a ticket for parking in a Handicap Spot when I was picking up one of my Handicap Clients when I worked at a Physical Mental Group Home.  The Cop was an A-hole... I was wheeling him to the car as he handed me the ticket... Physical Mental meaning the Dude can barley hold his own head up...

Tags: