Author Topic: EC Client starts then closes....  (Read 5655 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: EC Client starts then closes....
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 10:11:54 AM »
Need to go Office Space fax machine on that bad boy!

NWFS - http://www.romston.com/2009/09/05/movieclip-office-space-fax-machine-moment/

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 05:36:24 PM »
If you can determine that the noise you are hearing is coming from your hard drive, you have 1 of 3 problems and all are bad. 1 something is out of sync on platter read and writes. 2 you have some damaged sectors on the pysical hard drive or 3 the drive is actually making contact on the head with the platters which is really bad. Any of the 3 mean you need a new drive some sooner than later.

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 06:30:22 PM »
If you can determine that the noise you are hearing is coming from your hard drive, you have 1 of 3 problems and all are bad. 1 something is out of sync on platter read and writes. 2 you have some damaged sectors on the pysical hard drive or 3 the drive is actually making contact on the head with the platters which is really bad. Any of the 3 mean you need a new drive some sooner than later.

Thanks for the feedback Massacre. After running through all the trouble shooting and exhausting all the possibilities I'm thinking it could be a physical problem with the hard drive. I've already begun to back up all my important data on an external hard drive and I'm in the process of setting up my 2nd computer.

That way I'll be better prepared if this hard drive takes a dirt nap.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »
At least you are getting a chance to back things up.  Generally, my hard drives go out in flames, so I envy your early warning.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 01:07:32 AM »
check out http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security_essentials/Support.aspx  good virus and spyware and firewall protector also webreboot is good compliment to run with it

Tags: