Author Topic: My new smartphone - App suggestions  (Read 2089 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
My new smartphone - App suggestions
« on: February 09, 2012, 07:59:35 AM »
Is a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket (ATT) and it absolutely rocks. Glad I went with this one.

There's a site that does phone battles 1v1. I put this phone against about everything available and it kicked butt.

So, what apps do everyone use? What are the top apps, the ones that you couldn't live without?

XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: My new smartphone - App suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »
The one I use the most because I don't root my phone typically is Pdanet

It's still very cheap for Android and serves my tethering needs extremely well.

Also, I love eWallet.  I've been using Ilium software for years coming from the WinMo world, so their stuff is really useful.  Thankfully they've started porting things from that world to Android (though not fast enough for me)

I can't wait for their ListPro to be ported.  (HURRY ALREADY!!)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 10:15:50 AM »
its not an app but i do have the rss feed from this site on my android :P

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »
My list of apps:

File Management: Astro

Game: Base Defense

Home screen widgets: Beautiful Widgets (I have the paid version, but free is still decent)

News: USA Today, CNN, and NPR

Browser: Dolphin Browser HD (until my phone is upgraded to ICS and can use Chrome)

Travel: GasBuddy

Movies: IMDb (Gotta have it so you can look up actors/actress while watching tv/movies on the couch)

Music: Google Music and Pandora (when on Wifi)

GPS: Google Navigation

Shopping List: Out of Milk

Sports: Sportacular

Remote Desktop: TeamView (set it up for always-on for your desktop, then you can remote to it anytime with the app)

Voicemail: Google Voice

TV: If you have Comcast(Xfinity) and have a digital box (not the adapters, but a full digital cable box) you can remote control your box from the Xfinity TV app

Recovery/Safety: Where's My Droid (can locate lost/missing device)

That's pretty much every app on my phone (plus a few other stupid games and the typical crap they pre-install)

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: