Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2136 times)

Offline ProtegaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Protega has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings
« on: January 07, 2017, 09:47:24 AM »
Hello everyone,
My name is Andy and I am a recovering UO addict. I started playing this game in 1998 when my friend Alex introduced me to it when i was in the 12 years old. My account is 78 months old and no matter how many times I decide that I am done playing this game I find myself comparing the new game(insert title here) I am currently playing to UO. Seriously this game is like a drug and i cant seem to give it up.  Currently I play on Atlantic but my roots started on Baja. My most accomplished characters on that shard where my 7x GM mule Sapper(before power scrolls came out) and my 6x GM Tamer Fear. The character you will most likely see me on now is either my GM Fisher Ahab or my Mule Sapper. I enjoy the hell out of crafting and fishing in this game.

IRL I am a Marine Machinery Mechanic Leader at a naval shipyard in Washington state. I am a disabled veteran that spent 7 years in the Navy as a Submarine Torpedoman. I have two beautiful daughters age 5 and 7 who take up the majority of my time. When I am not in front of the computer playing UO I like to go hiking during the summer, fishing during the spring summer and fall months, and during the winter I prefer to be up in the mountains tearing up the slopes. I also enjoy reading. My favorite series are Harry Potter, The Sword of Truth, Lord of the Rings(the Hobbit being my undeniable favorite),  The Elenium and Tamuli, and the Riftwar Saga.

Although I have used scripting programs in the past I have never created my own script. I would like to learn how and this seems like the most active community to do it in. I look forward to learning from you all.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 10:03:11 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself!  It's always fun to see how many people get roped back into UO.  It's amazing how much changes people go through as time progresses, but end up coming back for more.  You were 12 when you first started, but look at you now!

Anyhow, I love these kinds of intros so a sincere welcome to you!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 10:10:36 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome. It's crazy how your life changes as you get older. I never thought that I would be where I am today when I was 12 and still playing this game.

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »
WELCOME!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 11:43:23 AM »
Thank you. Its good to be here.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 10:16:32 AM »
Welcome to SUO!!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 11:42:30 AM »
WELCOME

• Activity:
    0%