Author Topic: Internal Employee Memo from EA  (Read 6667 times)

Offline cascaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • casca has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Internal Employee Memo from EA
« on: September 14, 2009, 01:07:56 AM »
A friend of mine forwarded this to me, I pdf'd it up and here it is.  It's pretty funny actually they talk about SA being their "last shot" and also mention Cheffe and basically they say he's not bright enough to reverse engineer this new client lol.

Wow... pretty *bleep* up if you ask me :p

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
eamemo.pdf

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
Re: Internal Employee Memo from EA
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:23:37 AM »
Has this been posted over at EUO yet?
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 05:37:19 AM »
EA Employee Memo

From Tammy Schachter, Senior Director Ultima Online Stygian Abyss

As we head into the fall of 2009 and prepare for the all-important holiday quarter, I wanted to send a note to get
everyone up to date on our progress. 

With the launch of our newest title Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss we have seen a marked improvement in membership renewals and upgrades.  The new client has baffled the non-approved 3rd party applications people that have been the source of afk scripting.  Specifically "EasyUO" has not had the resources or the ability to reverse engineer our latest client, which has improved game play for all users and had a very positive impact on the Ultima Online Economy.

Our anti-broker strategies seem to be working well, with the increased drops on runics, and the introduction of imbuing it will not be long before the broker community will move on to better pastures which should eliminate 98% of  the duping issues we have.

In closing I just wanted to congratulate the team on a terrific launch, and what looks to be a working platform to rebuild the Ultima Online player base.  As you know this was our last shot at keeping this project alive and with your continued help and support we should achieve our goal of 100,000 new user accounts by Feb 2010.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:57:14 AM »
Boy is that the only ideas that have to subdue things that they dont like?  Is EA really that blind?  Are they that unimaginative?  It is no wonder we have the issues in game that we have we have a bunch of dumb asses at the wheel running the UO projects !! If I did my job that poorly I would have been out of a job 20 years ago ! Thank you for a great game Richard Garret that i continue to play and still enjoy very much. Thank you EA for continuing to semi support this product.  But get a grip alot of your scripters are who are paying your salaries and if you want to get rid of a few brokers and emprove the economy do a GOOD DAMN JOB of designing the product. As for as reverse engineering the client that would not take very long for a inexperienced programmer to figure out with some time.  So get so people working for you that can actually figure out how the system works. There I have let out that cloud of smoke i have been holding in for several years !!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:00:15 AM »
Lol, coming from the corporate world, this thing is obviously fake...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 06:13:13 AM »
I dont know if kinda follows the thought patterns of EA  8)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 06:18:06 AM »
Too many specifics.  It's not "corporatey" enough.  Definitely bogus.  I'll make one that's more believable.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 06:49:42 AM »
Ditto on this bogus memo. They'd never specifically put a target on euo within this patch and even discuss euo in a memo. Reverse engineer? Please, even EA/Mythic has a slightly higher vocabulary than this guy than to use that term...this all actually sounds almost like a Dr.Evil meeting..Muhahahah!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 07:01:45 AM »
Plus, in "motivational" internal memos, you don't use statements like "last shot" and "keeping this project alive".  That part was funny; bogus but funny because it's probably true.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »
Fake was actually my first thought. I agree wholeheartedly, there is no way that this is a real corporate memo.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »
Something else that I noticed, hasn't the client been RE'd since Ren? Wasn't source code accidentally included in the purchasable CD when Ren was released?  hehe..

Scrripty

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 09:06:19 AM »
I'm sure it is fake, but don't put it past EA employees to release something like this... there have been more than a few company related memos released that read a LOT like that and weren't fake... :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 09:16:30 AM »
Yes source code was included on one of the release CD's.  I dont not remember which update it was and the source code was not complete but had a lot of code included.

Offline xenoglyph

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xenoglyph is looked down upon.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 01:01:49 AM »
if EA had even attempted to make our lives harder by changing the 7.x client radically I'd think about believing it for a moment.  but they didn't...the new clients are basically 99% similar.  it was probably some Razor/EUO user panicking about not having a tool to use, so they tried to goad the devs into action. maybe it worked =D
UO Machine, advanced scripting for UO.

Are you prepared to die for your beliefs or just to dye your hair?

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 08:14:53 AM »
fake, because if is that hard  do the reverse why razor got patcher allready? Ryan is better on programing then cheffe? i dont believe

Tags: