Author Topic: Anyone RC?  (Read 4396 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Anyone RC?
« on: September 29, 2010, 05:27:36 AM »
Always wanted to take this up, maybe this Christmas I'll treat myself.

I want to start with an EasyStar, very easy to fly, crash worthy, push prop so relatively safe....

Dig this video, with the gyro camera....

LINK
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone RC?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:41:07 AM »
I RCed for about 20 years and was in 3 different Rc clubs. I recommend joining a local Rc club they can help give you alot of ideas on how to elogate the life of you plane/glider.  Also when you get better I recommend much larger plane they break into much larger pieces but they are much more beautiful and flight worthy. I have owed 76" Balsa glider with launch prop and servros, P51D mustand, P38 Lightning dual prop, WartHog or better known as flying bathtub but it was prop driven. I have also flown a few turbine planes but very expensive and not something you even want to think of crashing. The gyro sensor transmitted helmet is not new technology. they have been using it on alot of the turbine powered RC jets for many years because they move so fast andturn so quickly you needed assist to keep from landing them in a 3 foot grave in 2 seconds, but until lately it has not been affordable for people with a budget.  Even I can pass any info your way or tidbits just ask cerveza. I still own 2 planes but have not flown them in like 5 years. The kids are still young and dont want to leave them out of this wonderful hobby, but at there current ages they are to young to understand if they dont pull back on that stick in the next .5 seconds daddy will be picking up little tiny pieces of the plane they once saw. so for this reason they will continue to stay on the stands they are on and  being viewed and not flown for atleast another 3 years :)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 06:55:18 AM »
That is a coincidence, I was just recently thinking I would start looking or a kit.  Any recommendations for a first attempt at building one?
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 07:08:24 AM »
That EasyStar is considered an excellent starter plane. Very strong construction, break away wings, push prop (so you don't destroy the engine first nose in), lots of modifications that can be done. And it's a 3 channel, so really easy learning curve.

It's also easy to add a tail rudder controller and ailerons later on.

I have read a lot about these in the past and can solidly say that the EasyStar is the best starter. I was planning on getting an upgraded 400 brushless motor with the LiPo (?) batteries and needed equipment when I buy the plane. I was looking at the Spektrum DX6 controller with it.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 08:05:14 AM »
Yes EasyStar is a more or less all you need kit and can be upgraded to a point. So yes they are great starter kits but most RC clubs look down at them because they will want you to partake of the enjoyment later on of building your own plane and painting it and working out all the bugs in the alignment and balancing and all the fun stuff of deploying your own first built plane from ground up.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 08:42:38 AM »
I'm a "Buy it - Fly it" kind of guy. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 09:36:04 AM »
Yeah, that's exactly how I want to start out. Very little construction required. Then if I decide that it's something I'd like to continue with, I could get an ARF (almost ready to fly) kit that requires a little more work to get it air worthy. And eventually I could get into completely building up a kit.

I may just do this before long. There are other things on the todo list though....

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »
I bought one of those $40 mini copters at the mall.

Bad.  Ass.

I love it.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 06:09:07 PM »
I bought one of those $40 mini copters at the mall.

Link?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 06:11:50 PM »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 06:20:35 PM »
Haha, you wish!!  That's no $40 copter!  Badass, yes, short of a c-note, no.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 06:34:28 PM »
I was just giving a link to the mini copters i know of :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 06:37:24 PM »
I was just giving a link to the mini copters i know of :)

Jerk, you got me excited.  :p
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 06:39:29 PM »
This is prolly more like the 40$ version.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 06:42:52 PM »
This is prolly more like the 40$ version.

Indeed.  I have a couple of those and they are pretty fun until you crash them once.  They're never the same afterward... :(
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: