Author Topic: The smartest man in America?  (Read 3218 times)

Offline bodfatherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
The smartest man in America?
« on: September 12, 2011, 06:42:44 PM »
  I saw this on the Today show i believe the other day and cannot stop thinking about how easily this guy is making money.

This guy took a camcorder along with a small webpage, facebook and twitter account and will ultimately be a millionaire in a few years by doing something as simple as making a short webcast and a few blogs a day.

What does he do? He's into marketing and undoubtly does it to a T (literally!). He sells every day of the week, his upper torso. Companies send him (FREE) t-shirts to wear during his normal day and he makes a short webcast wearing his tee along with making a couple blogs that i assume is about the product/service.

So far he's hired 4 extra people to help him with his work and is looking for a few more people. They too, do the same work as him but i'm not sure what percentage they get of the profits.

What does he charge? $1300 to almost $1500 a DAY to wear their shirt. Do the math!! If you average $1400 a day, that's $511,000 a YEAR for minimal website upkeep along with a webcast and a couple chats on FB which i assume the whole day's work wouldn't take more than 3-4 hours.

Since he's hiring even more people, i can almost bet he'll start with multiple clients per day to double his money. Check them out at www.iwearyourshirt.com  How BRILLIANT is this man?!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: The smartest man in America?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 06:49:06 PM »
So, I could charge half as much and steal all his business?  Seems like very low barriers to entry for any competitor...

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 06:56:01 PM »
See that's what I'M saying!! The initial idea is BRILLIANT but you are 100% correct with no contract he leaves it wide open for people to steal his sponsors.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 07:07:08 PM »
lol... but whats his viewer retention..  I mean i looked at it once.. never again.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 07:15:13 PM »
Lol yeah, but point being he's getting PAID bigtime for little work. I watched one of the "skits" and it was horrible.

The website he does a daily update to tell about the sponsor of the day along with whatever special they're doing that day and a link to their site.

He's only got 27 more days for sale this year which is telling me it's working, for his bank anyway.

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
lawyers can charge 500 dollars an hour in New York. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 07:31:16 PM »

thats true.. but they invested alot of education and realworld costs to get thier... not a dude in his kitchen.  Good on him i say.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 09:44:26 PM »

thats true.. but they invested alot of education and realworld costs to get thier... not a dude in his kitchen.  Good on him i say.

true but you have added value from a legal education.  People are outrageously stupid if they sue you, and you have a greater knowledge of your rights and liabilities.  

Unquantifiable value.

I get the low investment aspect of that guys job, but realistically, how long can you do that? low barriers to entry are great, until everyone else realizes it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:52:01 PM by Newsman »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 06:37:13 AM »
I should imaging the i'm wearing a tshirt market could support move than a few websites.... and the concept could be extended into other coutries / languages.

But at the end of the day its a fad market... but thier are billions of people on the planet that have yet to visit anysuch page and will finding it fascinating for a one off visit so that site or sites are not going to go away.  And thats part of its unique marketing check out how this dude is making money woa...

I guess the bottom line people always like to see an underdog break the conventional rules and make a bucket load of what appears to be easy money,  but its probably not that easy underneath, lots of legwork imsure... and luckily for us all not everyone has the smarts to become bigcity new york lawyers, although if thier were more people with the smarts the price would come down so i guess its lucky for the lawyers as well.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 06:40:47 AM »
It reminds me on the guy who sold pixel for 1$ each or the guy who tatooted advertise on his forhead. Its a one used Idea, lately not repeatable...

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 07:20:22 AM »
I think us Americans would be better served by going to businesses and saying "Give me a couple T-Shirts and $50/day and I'll wear your shirt everywhere I go for the week!"
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: