Author Topic: Anyone into phone modding?  (Read 2647 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Anyone into phone modding?
« on: February 06, 2009, 07:52:42 AM »
I debranded my old razr and plan on getting a SE w760a, and of course I'll wind up debranding that as well.

The razr was cool because it didn't come with video, but once debranded I had a video icon and could save movie files. The camera sucks, and my battery is shot on it, so I'm planning on getting a w760. I want to debrand it so I can use the GPS with other software.

I just got my wife a SE w350a, but I don't need to mod it at all. She only plays a few games, and they are simple enough to install without doing any modding to the phone. I would like to kill some of the icons, but thats way over my head right now.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone into phone modding?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 09:45:24 AM »
I did a lot of mods and seem edits on my Razr V3c but never totallty unlocked it. I recently picked up a W755 which I really like and have been intending to take to another level but I was just told at work that I'm being forced into a Crackberry which I won't be allowed to mess with. Fortunately I also bought my wife a W755 so I'll get my fix messing with her phone and I'll now have a backup ready for her in case I brick it  :P :P
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 10:01:38 AM »
I'm always worried about bricking a phone, but if you check around, most already have a procedure for recovery.

Depending on what can be done, I might just leave the w760 alone. I've already put a couple games on the w350 for my wife. That's simple enough without having to use anything other then SE's default software.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Daeus

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Daeus has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 07:15:59 AM »
I recently just got a LG VU/Dare.  Used BitPim (Excellent program) to screw around with the firmware.  Telus puts their own software on (music player, block picture receiving, music downloader, and block songs from being used as a ringtone), but I messed around with it enough to be able to receive pictures and put songs to ringtones.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 07:19:06 AM »
Nice. My phone upgrade became a major headache so I've put it on hold. I'm hoping to pick up a 5MB pic phone later this year.

Offline Daeus

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Daeus has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 07:26:17 AM »
Nice. My phone upgrade became a major headache so I've put it on hold. I'm hoping to pick up a 5MB pic phone later this year.

Keep that BitPim in mind next time you decide to upgrade or modify.  It does ALL phones, some you have to list as the wrong ones to crack your phone like I did to get past the service provider "firewall".

Tags: