Author Topic: Whats up  (Read 5171 times)

Offline dyrt mcgyrtTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dyrt mcgyrt has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Whats up
« on: April 19, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »
Hey guys, im a long time UO player, new time UO scripter.  Ive been working on a few of my own scripts, but still in process.  Hopefully I can learn here.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Whats up
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 11:14:00 PM »
Welcome to SUO Dyrt McGyrt!

Tell us a little more about yourself....

Where are you from? Are you playing on an OSI Shard or freeshards?

What are your favorite templates? Are you a PvP'er or a PvM'er like me!

What kind of scripts are you working on?

What do you like best about Ultima Online? :)

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 09:12:32 AM »
Hey guys, im a long time UO player, new time UO scripter.  Ive been working on a few of my own scripts, but still in process.  Hopefully I can learn here.

Whats up......give us a little more info and maybe a mod will remove your restriction and you can start downloading scripts and learn a little more.
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:52:45 AM »
The requirements for gaining access to the scripts is by posting a detailed intro.  Like ultima said in his post.  Thats all thats required.  Just one post.  The script writers here spend countless hours writing and rewriting these scripts. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 07:12:57 PM »
Im from Dayton, OH, north of dayton any how.  I use to play OSI for a few years, then quit soon after AOS came out, then since then I've been a hardcore Hybrid player.  I've actually been away from UO for about 3 years now, but im getting back into it and what ive been trying to do was make some idoc scripts so I can first find myself a really nice home and make some gold in the game market. 

I love alot of templates.  I usually have a pure nox mage, swords/mage tank, dexer alchy, pvp tamer, hybrid fencing/swords.   I love pvp more than anything for sure, usually I'll spend the most of my time if im alone farmer in dungeons with my tamer and killing anyone who comes along.  Or if im grouping then my mage for sure, the other templates are more for dueling and tourneys.   

I'll be honest about PvM, like I said I spend alot of time farming gold with my tamer and killing anyone who comes by, and usually I just farm gazers or something easy that way my mares have mana for the possible pvp, but at times I do like a good thrill, taking my mares into something hard, I forget the dungeon im thinking about but theres like 3 balrons there.

What I love best about UO, thinking about UOgamers Hybrid now, There's no trammel, so its really the most freedom you get out of any game, but with freedom comes lack of security, its no good to be a bard tamer without a hope, you have to be hardcore, mage fighting skills with taming and animal lore.  Occasionally vet.   Anyways glad to meet you guys!

thanks for this site, hope im accepted, and hope i learn a thing or 2, ive been looking through the tuts already.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 07:21:01 PM »
That was much better :)  Im sure a mod will wander through soon and lift your restriction.  Welcome to the site.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 04:53:06 AM »
Welcome dyrt :)

Enjoy your stay!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 02:20:31 PM »
Thanks guys, you seem like a friendly bunch of people.  And i've read some of the script topics and Trail seems very generous.  You goto easyuo and its like all the script writers think they are above all sometimes.  Anyways, Im glad to be apart of this website for sure.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 04:04:55 PM »
Thanks guys, you seem like a friendly bunch of people.  And i've read some of the script topics and Trail seems very generous.  You goto easyuo and its like all the script writers think they are above all sometimes.  Anyways, Im glad to be apart of this website for sure.

There are not a lot of actual script writers left at EUO because of the mods with the holyier than thou attitude, the lack of support / help with a problem and the general treating of people like crap.  The few script writers that are left there are pretty much just like the mods.  I pulled all my script submissions from there several months ago, and only go back now to download the new patches.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline angel of darkness

• Activity:
    0%
  • angel of darkness has no influence.
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 08:29:35 PM »
hi guys this is my first time running a script andi seem to like it its better then just sitting there waiting hrs and hrs of clicking

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 03:54:05 AM »
hi guys this is my first time running a script andi seem to like it its better then just sitting there waiting hrs and hrs of clicking

Angel,

Post up a new post in the New Memeber Introductions thread and tell us about your self, it will help you to read the New Members Read This First post at the top.  After you successfully post a proper introduction much more of the site will be open to you.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 03:58:02 AM »
Oops, looks like you did an intro already... now you just need to make it a "proper" intro.  Read that post at the top, that will give you some ideas.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 08:32:41 AM »
Welcome to the site... let us know what you use and how it works from time to time.  It helps us keep stuff functioning on the higher end.

Tags: