Author Topic: Mining Saltpeter  (Read 12621 times)

Offline PetkillerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Mining Saltpeter
« on: November 05, 2010, 05:56:06 AM »
I saw Saltpeter on my home shard priced over 90 per so I started mining again.  I tried mining in standard locations in Trammel, Malas, Fel, Tur Mur.  I never saw any for over 4 hours of mining.  I was told by a friend to mark inside Dungeons.  It was almost an hour before I found a "huge" "niter" deposit.  I included the item id and had my script mine it.  Here are the IDs I found for niter deposits:VGH_QGH_RGH_WGH_BHH.   I ran for a few hours and was only seeing a little over 200 saltpeter an hour.  I put a luck suit on my miner and every deposit I find now is Massive(the biggest I think) and I am seeing over 500 saltpeter an hour. 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mining Saltpeter
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 06:49:16 AM »
Thanks for the info and the id's .

Does it spawn above ground I wonder?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 07:16:22 AM »
I have not witnessed it yet but am thinking about the tunnels under you know where might produce the niter deposits.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 08:43:05 AM »
so miner need luck now .. jeeze.. well so be it ... imbue time.

(its over 115per on my shard now... i personally took it from 8 to 75 :) )
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 12:54:29 AM »
Won't every major patch cause vendors to respawn, though?  Hmm...

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 11:25:15 PM »
For anyone interested in what happens when niter is found when mining and how to retrieve it, read on.

When digging, a rock graphic will appear near your character and may look like this (depending on amount of luck):

EUO ID = WGH
OEUO ID = 4962
Gigantic

The rock itself needs to be targeted, and per shovel use, you will received anywhere from 0-10 pieces of saltpeter (perhaps more) which go directly into your pack. Over the course of mining the rock, it will change from one graphic to the next each progressively getting smaller. The above image is what a gigantic deposit will look like. The following images are the progressions from largest to smallest.

Massive
EUO ID = VGH
OEUO ID = 4963

Huge
EUO ID = RGH
OEUO ID =4967

Large
EUO ID = QGH
OEUO ID = 4964

Small
EUO ID = BHH
OEUO ID = 4969

Once you've reached this smallest size rock, the rock will disappear. The only journal entry for discovering a niter deposit occurs at the first instance of a niter vein discovery. That message reads: "You have uncovered a (size) deposit of niter! Mine it to obtain saltpeter." Successfully mining the rock will yield the journal message: "You extract (number) saltpeter from the niter deposit." Failure to obtain saltpeter produces this message: "You mine the niter deposit but fail to produce any usable saltpeter."

Not every niter discovery will start with a 'gigantic' rock since it is luck based, but will follow the gradual depletion states as described above.

Happy Mining!

Edit: updated rock names and journal messages
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:12:47 AM by Superslayer »

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 01:07:25 AM »
very nice and useful ty :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 04:36:18 AM »
If i could +rep you SS for that serioulsy valuable info i would . thank you very much for that.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 04:59:48 AM »
Yes +1 Rep for SS.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 05:52:16 AM »
Great info - thanks

Offline Coolface

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Coolface has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 10:05:47 AM »
Hmm need to soulstone mining for my melee char for easyer dungeon mining =F.

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 01:39:27 PM »
Your welcome guys! And a thanks to Petkiller for getting the id's in the first place.

Offline PetkillerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 02:57:45 PM »
The first luck suit I was using was just around 700 luck and that was getting me around 500 saltpeter an hour.  I took out all the mining spots that never gave me saltpeter and upgraded my luck suit to 1760 and now I average around 1k saltpeter per hour using a modified MWinc miner script.  I get almost all Gigantic deposits now.    Has anyone tried mining saltpeter in fel yet?  I just hate to take my miner to a fel dun in a luck suit.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 08:32:54 PM »
*Coughs*
" never should of wrote that miner"
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 05:20:26 AM »
*Coughs*
" never should of wrote that miner"

Dont you mean never should have public releaed that...  :)

Tags: