Author Topic: Crafting for Minimum Resists  (Read 14605 times)

Scrripty

Re: Crafting for Minimum Resists
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 10:54:43 AM »
So you are carrying either some arcane stuff or some spare LRC peices and a pile of pig iron for casting curse weapon?

I'm a sampire I dont cast curse weaqpon anymore. :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 10:55:07 AM »
No curse weapon for me. I don't carry Spirit Speak so CW would last about a second for me.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 10:56:28 AM »
I guess that could solve my reg and mana problem...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Scrripty

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 11:02:05 AM »
I guess that could solve my reg and mana problem...

They changed mana leach for Whammies Paul.  Now you only leach as much as is left in the monsters mana pool.  It totally killed Whammies.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 11:06:11 AM »
In my opinion the main things for a sampire to focus on is swinging as fast as possible and dealing as much damage as you can.  Stamina Increase, HPI, and MI were my building blocks.  Since then I've focused a lot more energy into LMC so that I can chain AI's or Conc blows together virtually all day long.

I can get a more detailed spec sheet to the suit I've spent a lot of time organizing if anyone has interest.  But for now, here are the final tallies:

85 Phys
95 Fire
70 Cold
70 Poison
73 Energy

150 STR +25 HPI = 150 HP
150 DEX +30 SI = 180 Stamina
23 INT + 16 MI + 20 elf = 59 Mana  (Might move some points out of one of the resists to add more)

40 LMC
45 HCI
45 DCI
100 DI
50 SSI
5 SReg

Secondly, I also carry around arcane pieces to recast vamp/wraith form as well.  Normally a robe as sometimes it's hard to find the boots in my pack.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »
What reagents would you be carrying? I carry Necro Reagents on my Sampire especially Pig Iron. There's no way around it.

I'm about to redo a new sampire suit now that they have these Forged Metal of Artifacts which guarantee the enhancement process. I've been walking around on a grade B suit for over a year now because I'm too lazy to craft. But even with a Grade B suit I can get alot accomplished.

The entire suit building process really boils down to what I can and cannot fit onto the bracelet and ring. Unfortunately I think I may be forced to put 8 Strength on either the ring or bracelet to hit 150 HP (HPI Caps at 25 I believe). I do not like having to do that! >:(

Stamina Increase, Mana Increase and LMC are what I'd be looking at putting on the suit pieces legs,arms, gloves. Keep in mind Stamina works in intervals of 30...so 90,120,150,180 is where your going to be receiving benefits to SSI from your stamina. Having 179 Stamina is the same has having 150. Get familiar with the SSI tables... Cerveza has posted them half a dozen times now I think. 8)

Many players over at Stratics advocate 180 stamina on their suits which I also believe is madness because trying to maintain that against any of the toughest 160's is pretty much impossible.

You really need to look at the SSI tables and think about what your main weapons of choice are going to be when deciding on what stamina range you want to be in. I personally shoot for 150 but need to relook at it again, I don't forsee any changes but I'm going to double check on the double axe. I'm pretty sure thinking off the top of my head that at 120 Stamina and 10 SSI I'm at max Swing Speed with my weapons. Not that I'd go with 120...I'd go with 150 for a buffer but certainly not 180.

Also HCI,HCI, HCI.....to me it's nonesense given the usefullness of Lightning Strike. Don't get me wrong your gonna want HCI without a question but trying to squeeze in 45 isn't a wise choice to me. 30-40 is fine especially with HLD and the use Lightning Strike when you need to against the tough 160's. It's even more mindblowing to me that people want HCI on their woodland pieces instead of DI. I just don't get it but I regularly find myself in the minority.

I also stricly PvM. No PvP whatsoever since 1999 when nerfed the removed precasting tank mages.

Here is my school of thought and what I go with. Woodland Armor pieces with DI, MI, HPI, and Stamina Increase. Right now I have HPI on pieces that I'm not receiving the benefit from because I'm already at the cap. I wasn't aware it capped at 25. So I'd keep a close eye on that when if your going to put HPI on. I should be well over 150 HP but I'm at 143. On the other hand I do receive str benefit from drinking a Str Potion. Still with Curse which gets cast on alot I think your best bet is to hit 150.

Sidetracked...My school of thought and what I advocate is 100 DI on the suit with the properties listed above and going with 450 Non-Exceptional Weapons that you can imbue 5 Mods of your choice on.

Yeah....I'm the lone Ranger but there isn't anything so far that I've spent any considerable amount of time adapting too that I can't Solo. Bedlam and Twisted Weald are my proudest accomplishments. Slasher I haven't really spent much time as his drops don't interest me. Slasher would be alot of jousting and retreating to heal up against his onslaught of specials but even after my first experience with him...dieing 16 times I'm confident I can do it. Towards the end after I got used to his attacks I only died once or twice. This is the first time out mind you...

Both Slasher and Osiredon I would need a Discorder without question so it wouldn't be a solo in the truest sense. Apparently a thrower can do it which I plan on making someday.

Anyways...there's my 15 cents! ;)

Scrripty

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 11:23:06 AM »
I agree with 100 di and a non exceptional slayer. :)  The right weapon makes mince meat out of most monsters.  I do mini champs afk and dont even think to look at my screen on my Sampire.  Cause I know I got it covered.  I DO however believe 45 hit chance inc is mandatory with the nerf to HLD.  Missing = dying.  The more you hit, the longer you live.  Period.  There's no getting around it.  Being at 45 hit chance is a bonus you can't miss out on.  Missing once can get you killed, so it's worth 10 more hit chance to get a better chance at hitting every time.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 11:27:01 AM »
I agree with 100 di and a non exceptional slayer. :)  The right weapon makes mince meat out of most monsters.  I do mini champs afk and dont even think to look at my screen on my Sampire.  Cause I know I got it covered.  I DO however believe 45 hit chance inc is mandatory with the nerf to HLD.  Missing = dying.  The more you hit, the longer you live.  Period.  There's no getting around it.  Being at 45 hit chance is a bonus you can't miss out on.  Missing once can get you killed, so it's worth 10 more hit chance to get a better chance at hitting every time.

Agree with this completely.  The damage output from certain special moves far outweighs the output from lightening strike, so the HCI is very nice to have if you are using them heavily.  Especially against the bigger mobs.

Scrripty

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 11:31:56 AM »
I sometimes turn lightning strike off completely and just go with non stop ai/whirlwind depending on the situation so I have to rely on hit chance.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 11:38:41 AM »
Quote from: Ultima
Get familiar with the SSI tables... Cerveza has posted them half a dozen times now I think.

And yet some just don't get it.... Twinkle McNugget

Pay close attention to the speed charts so when you imbue your weapon you won't put too much SSI on it. This is a common mistake people make (myself included) but I have learned betters now. If you are putting 30 SSI on a weapon just cause it's max you are doing it wrong. Make sure that your target Stamina can take advantage of the SSI you plan on using with your equipment, including weapon.

As Ultima mentioned... the break points are in blocks of 30. So 149 and 120 stamina is the same swing speed. The goal is to find a spot that your confident you can maintain. 180 obviously is the goal of every dexxer who ever lived, but it's almost impossible to maintain 100% of the time. First hit you go below 180 and now you'd be just as well off with 150 stamina. The idea is to get a stamina level that you can take a hit and get knocked down to that's still within your stamina block. I use 120 as my goal. It's easy to attain and maintain. That doesn't mean I just get 120 stamina... My chars are usually closer to 140~150 so I can take a few hits and still maintain my 120 goal.

And... we have completely derailed Pauls post. LOL
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 11:40:26 AM »
Alright, so looking at my Sampire now, I am going to be dropping spirit speak moving the points to maybe anat to increase damage?

I presently have the toon wearing factions fey legs and carapace, with snake boots and a non faction mace and shields. If HLD is nerfed, maybe I should switch that out for Folded Steel. I don't play enough to maintain faction points for the factions versions.  Is there a better mix?

Hitting thresholds on stam and strength seem like worthwile goals.  

Holy crap, no fail enhancing?  I am going to read up on that...

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Sampire Stats.png
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 11:42:10 AM »
This is incomplete, but may be helpful...

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
UO_Weapons 27 Aug 2010.pdf

-Mario Andretti

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 11:45:15 AM »
Seriously, Drop SS and go with Anatomy. You'll see a BIG increase in damage.

There's a few trains of thought on Samp builds (notice the derail reference snuck in?).

Swap Anatomy in and out with Resist depending on what your fighting.

Or what I'm currently doing....

Dropped Parry for Healing.

Yes you heard that right, I have no Parry on my Sampire. I lose the ability to evade which is huge, but I can heal more damage then I would have blocked... so Healing for me is a bit better then Parry.

OH, and with healing I can cross heal which is critical to the way I play ;). Twin Sampires tossing 2 sec heals on each other while they LS and Crit something to death is a wonderful thing. It's so nice that sometimes I bring 3 ;)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 11:46:48 AM »
The only time I ever use LS is against 160's.

Against mediocre ML creatures like Miasma which can be 160's I just stand still and don't spam anything...even with 100 in Lockpicking.

I've run with 30 HCI for about 2 years now and I haven't seen myself missing against the 160's when employing  LS. So why go 45 when I can get the job done with 30?

I'll also use Counter Attack religiously in tandem with LS against the toughest 160's like Ilhenir, Rend and Rikktor.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »

Holy crap, no fail enhancing?  I am going to read up on that...

They are an incredible addition to the game. :)

You may look into dropping Tactics to 100, and raising Anatomy to GM as well.  The difference in damage from 100-120 Tactics < 100 Anat.  I like to keep 100 Spirit speak on a stone that I can swap out with the anatomy for times when curse weapon can be helpful.  Or swap out for resist spells if going against a heavy necro casting boss.

Tags: